Medium size SUV advice | Page 2 | Vital Football

Medium size SUV advice

Suggestions a suitable not overly large vehicle with a high driving position for a retired person.Easy to get in and out automatic.

By the way automatics have clutches[/QUOTE]

CVT's don't Nige and most are that format these days.

We love it Bob.
Drove it to the match yesterday for the first time. It's specced up and is proving to be a smooth ride. We like the height having never had anything like this previously.
Getting used to the fact I don't have to change gears. It has a bit of umph when I need it.
I have no doubt most cars will have this in the future but you can start the car with the app on the frosty mornings from the house. Track the car with the app etc.
My mum and dad will find it easier getting in and out of too. The mazda is very slinky and low down.
The heated seats came in handy on the way home, the temperature dropped during the game.
Happy with the dealer before and after sales have been good.
Nothing to put me off so far, so good.20191110_094155.jpg

Swallow sidecars based in Blackpool from 1922. Moved to Coventry in 1928 and started using the Jaguar name then. Some good models over time (SS, E-Type etc) and some truly dreadful ones too (XJS, XJ220 etc).

Over the years I have spent very little on cars, indeed, I have purchased 4 bicycles that each cost more than any car I have ever owned. At present I drive an Oldfartmobile, a silver non turbo diesel Berlingo. Bartered it for 2 Chinese flugel horns. :grinning: Lovely driving position and great for collecting firewood and moving junk around. It has just passed what will be its last MOT and I'm actually prepared to spend a bit this time for something reliable that will see me through without too much hassle. Quite fancy an electric or hybrid and was looking at a Niro. Any thoughts welcome.

I had a Toyota Camry Hybrid as a company car for a couple of years; nice, quiet and smooth with obviously unbelievable mpg...

I have a Auris Hybrid good car averaging 60 mph but a bit low need one a bit higher.The Niro seems O.K. seven year warranty which is worth a lot..

Just discovered that kia offer the 7 year warranty on their approved used vehicles. Getting tempted.

Just discovered that kia offer the 7 year warranty on their approved used vehicles. Getting tempted.
DO NOT DO IT BEAR

we got stung by Kia. The warranty was ignored on a car <2years old with a faulty clutch. Bigger brands like Honda, Toyota wouldn't treat you the same way. We sold her Sportage and got another CRV, no brainer

I will be buying Japanese again when mine's up for replacement

DO NOT DO IT BEAR

we got stung by Kia. The warranty was ignored on a car <2years old with a faulty clutch. Bigger brands like Honda, Toyota wouldn't treat you the same way. We sold her Sportage and got another CRV, no brainer

I will be buying Japanese again when mine's up for replacement

Thanks Hasty....forewarned is forearmed.

Bought a Honda Jazz Crosstar hybrid early days but well pleased so far over sixty to the gallon.....It is quite nippy as well.

Remembered this thread from a couple of years ago and reading it.

Finally took the plunge and entered the SUV world last week with us now having two children, I absolutely loved my BMW 1 series but it isn’t big enough. A BMW/VW suv are well out my range so settled for a black nissan qashqai 16 plate with 30k miles on the clock.

Enjoying it so far and pleased with it, obviously not as powerful as my BMW but does the job and the in car features are brilliant. Also this is petrol opposed to the diesel I’ve had so I’ve stalled it a couple of times and need to work on that 😂

Qashqai / Sportage are fully specced out cars and provide excellent value.
The older you get the easier you find SUVs to get in and out of😁.
Joking aside I have found the additiinal on the road height giving me a much more sense of safety in wet weather/ onbthe motorway.
We opted for a medium sized deisel SUV - the first automatic car I have driven in 40yrs + of motoring and can't ever see myself buying a manual car again.