Medium size SUV advice | Vital Football

Medium size SUV advice

BobHatton

Vital Champions League
Hi folks, looking at changing the car and have decided on another medium size SUV (currently have Subaru Forester). I've narrowed it down to three;

Honda CRV
Mazda CX5
Nissan XTrail

I'm not sure whether all of these cars are available in Blighty but do any of you have any experience with these? Any tips or points? Do any of you own one of these?
All advice welcomed!

I have used a Mazda CX5 and it is a good size and has a good spec and quality for the price. Good value.
In terms of something different I had a leased Audi Q3 until last year and loved it. More expensive but good spec and quality. The Audi Q5 is a bit bigger and more like the size of the Mazda CX5. I have heard some mixed feedback on the Honda, but generally good feedback on the Nissan. If I was going to buy an SUV I would probably go for the Mazda as best value and also looks good

Thanks for your thoughts Pete. I did also consider an Audi Q5 but the model before 2018 had an awful reliability score and a care factor of 0 from Audi also.
With the Japanese you're almost assured of reliability and I think it's either going to be the Honda or CX5 but leaning towards the Honda as I've heard the CX5 is a little noisy (engine, ambient sounds etc) whereas the Honda is quieter riding.

Happy to be shown otherwise though...

I drive a Mazda 6 Bob.
Nothing touches me on the motorway, I am being honest in that.
Downside the cambelt went last year 6weeks outside warranty and its put me off buying a new Mazda.
No customer service whatsoever.
It is however when you look in to other cars you realise what good spec you get in mazdas.
Dual climate control rear dimming mirror auto headlights etc.

We test drove an A3 recently Pete.
We felt like the console was very basic and ended with a huge gap.
Add to that the knobber sslesman clicked my BFC related number plate snd first question was do I support Blackpoo.

Figures - he came in 25% higher than we wanted and then as he went to see his manager coming back with a slightly reduced figure I was sat with a open webpage showing better spec 25% cheaper.
" I don't think wd are going to make a deal theree's the door'...
Drove a GLA merc but the whole series is geing upgraded.
Fun to drive but we are down to 2 - between a C class and a e pace Jag.
Will test drive a jag on our return.

Kia sportage and qashqai are the best priced models over here Bob.
But every other car is one of those or a chuffing Hyundai....

The Hyundai Santa Fe is a pretty good piece of kit though...

Steer clear of the E Pace from what I've heard Sexy - too many residual Jaguar reliability issues...

Scrafton has indicated an early appointment. That may suggest not a current manager

I obviously have too much time on my hands :grinning:. Actually, I am chairing a session at a conference in Birmingham today. But a black tie dinner tonight and networking tomorrow, so not too stressful . All paid for by the sponsors of course. But I only charge my retirement rate premium though :thumbup:

paul no brainer. she is now on her second CRV. fantastic cars with the market leader in boot space bar the X trail which is the same. she had a kia sportage and gave it up after 2 years bear in mind kia and hyundai are virtually the same company. her first crv she had from new did 180,000 miles trouble free motoring on the same clutch, exhaust, gearbox etc ie only consumables such as tyres needed. i had a civic for 8 years same brilliant reliability

I have been driving for 39years and drove my first automatic on a test drive the other week.
Sportage is good value for £ in Blighty.

Drove my first auto in NZ in the 90's and have never looked back to be honest. There are manual cars here but I've become lazy and a frozen left shoulder doesn't really lend itself to driving a manual either!

Crikey Dave! You public servants must be massively over-paid if you can go out and buy a car worth at least £30k on a whim!