Mediation - dispute not resolved | Vital Football

Mediation - dispute not resolved

Longshortandtall

Vital Reserves Team
Looks like from attached a letter has been sent to Shareholders confirming no progress made at Mediation. Expected outcome bearing in mind some of the statements made at the last Hearing particularly from the McCabe side.

I'm not party to the contents of the letter but maybe someone like Silent Journey Home could fill in the detail. In short we're heading for a Court battle next May and that does not augur well for supporting CW in the JTW. CW is doing a great job getting us to where we are, the owners continue to do their best to undo all the good work.

No great surprise. It will go to court next May, and then we'll have some resolution one way or the other. I'm not sure why it would compromise January. Both owners will want us in the PL when the case finishes, surely? Didn't stop them providing funds last summer.

No great surprise. It will go to court next May, and then we'll have some resolution one way or the other. I'm not sure why it would compromise January. Both owners will want us in the PL when the case finishes, surely? Didn't stop them providing funds last summer.

I hope you're right that there will be a resolution in May FKB. The problem is one outcome scenario is that the status quo is preserved. One of the parties may feel the need to Appeal the decision so we go into the following season and beyond with litigation preventing the Club moving forward.

We had funds for the Summer transfer window because the parties went to Court to agree how the Club should be funded for the first 6 months of the season. McCabe argued we needed an injection of £2.5 million to keep the club afloat. The Judge disagreed. The sale of Brooks overcame the funding problem in the short term.

You have to hope that the owners can at least agree on how money is to be spent to the end of the season. As they are now both not putting any money into the Club all the indications are that available money for the JTW will not be substantial as running costs will have to be met. Whether this will meet CW's expectations only time will tell.

Along with the notice of the upcoming AGM, there is an extract from the Chairman’s Statement to be delivered at the meeting.
Basically, it says nothing new - the “expedited” court hearing is scheduled for next May. There is also bits of info about the McCabes’ plans to use of bits of “spare” land around BDBL (e.g. the Cherry St/Shoeham St corner) to erect Apartments and build some retail space.
The situation all seems very complicated to me. As FKB says, there’s nowt we can do about it, so not much point in worrying about it.

Gutted that this is still not resolved, at the same time we find ourselves in the best position in the league for years, with a top manager, who with a little luck and some financial backing in Jan, might, just might, achieve the unthinkable

Yet here we are, the two owners who can't find it in themselves to sort their sh1t out now run the risk of fkin everything up, as well as increasing the possibility of losing our most prized asset

Fkin great

It could also be the moment where the club loses the uncertainty, changes the game, acquires new investors and owners, and heads for the stars. I know we are conditioned to expect snatching defeat from the jaws of victory, but change is coming, and it doesn't have to be bad...

It could also be the moment where the club loses the uncertainty, changes the game, acquires new investors and owners, and heads for the stars. I know we are conditioned to expect snatching defeat from the jaws of victory, but change is coming, and it doesn't have to be bad...
We can but hope.

As we have seen not all ownership changes are for the worse.

Gutted that this is still not resolved, at the same time we find ourselves in the best position in the league for years, with a top manager, who with a little luck and some financial backing in Jan, might, just might, achieve the unthinkable

Yet here we are, the two owners who can't find it in themselves to sort their sh1t out now run the risk of fkin everything up, as well as increasing the possibility of losing our most prized asset

Fkin great
We actually find ourselves in the same position as last yr !

How can it be worse if we have a stronger squad :hmmm:

Because as I feel we are stronger, we may not need to carry out as much surgery to keep us up there.

One good (but relatively expensive) signing may mean we make the top 6

Last Jan I'd have said we needed two or three expensive signings. In actual fact CW brought 4 in, but with his limited budget brought in the 4 that were not of the needed quality to keep us up there. This is born out by the fact not one of those 4 are still at the club