Meanwhile Posh are spending £1/2 million on a NL 21 year old! | Vital Football

Meanwhile Posh are spending £1/2 million on a NL 21 year old!

In what way does it lack class? Spotting a young talent and paying a realistic (in their view) fee is how transfers are done isn't it?

It does seem somewhat inflationary to pay £500k for an untried (in top 4 leagues) 21 year old.

`106 appearances and 13 goals (although 9 goals this season in all competitions which is why, I assume, he has come to the attention of others).

Particularly as he is a London based player, if he was genuine talent for the future I would have expected London PL and CH clubs to have snapped him up.

Maybe I'll be proven wrong but Posh have a habit of paying excessive transfer fees and not seeing the reward (they also buy in and sell on for a good profit- it may be a sound business move if they sell him for £5million in 3 years time)

Fell out of the Chelsea sausage machine when he was 14 and joined Barnet at that point. To have been picked four times for the Ireland U21 side while a non-league player is no mean achievement.

He has been the stand out player at Barnet for the last couple of seasons and is very highly rated. The whisper amongst some Barnet fans is that the Bees are using the money to make an audatious bid for one of their former players. Just what
I've heard locally...

We still beat them two weeks ago though despite all their cash!

It's no good having lots of decent players if you don't have decent management to go with it.

Will Posh be up in the Championship next season? I doubt it!

He can look forward to experiencing the Sincil Bank atlmosphere next season can't he! :grinning:

He has been the stand out player at Barnet for the last couple of seasons and is very highly rated. The whisper amongst some Barnet fans is that the Bees are using the money to make an audatious bid for one of their former players. Just what
I've heard locally...

Graham Stack is getting on a bit now though isn’t he?!

In what way does it lack class? Spotting a young talent and paying a realistic (in their view) fee is how transfers are done isn't it?

In as much as they have advertised to the rest of football that Barnet has money and will possibly have to pay an over-inflated price to a player and whichever agent gets his player at the club. Maybe lacking class was the wrong phrase. I do know if they had done that to us as a fan I would not be happy. Transfer fees IMO are best left undisclosed. Maybe Vulgar would have been better.

This is the kinda circle we're in now. Gone are the days of being able to compete at the top end of finances like L2 and the NL (no complaints, L1 is a better place to be than both of those!).