MDT - City v Huddersfield | Vital Football

MDT - City v Huddersfield

Tudor

Vital Football Legend
A new season and a new version of the Match Day Thread.

These MDTs will be a touch hit and miss until the middle of Sept when, I'll make a VMC full time return.

Previews will be shorter and strait to the point. We'll have Pep's pre-match press conferences, player quotes, blah blah (i'm sure you get the point).

Post match i'll be introducing a brand new interatctive player rating widget whereby YOU rate the players (results will be in real time). We will also have a brand new way of voting for your MOTM (details will be announced soon). And more.

VMC is about to turn the corner fellow Blues!

In the meantime please bear with me.

CTID

Attachments

• Loud, proud, loyal.jpg
    Loud, proud, loyal.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 0
Great to have this back and thanks to Tudor for taking up the baton.

Chance to build on two terrific performances so far although Red Kev will be missed Bernardo is on fire and there is Merlin to return so we are not exactly short of creativity in the centre of the park.

Interesting to see who is in central defence, Pep could almost swap Laporte/Stones and VK4/Otamendi throughout the season although I would like to see Stonesy and VK4 as this terms first choice, particularly as Vincent is going to have to be on the pitch to lift up the CL next May!

I'll create what I think will be my predicted starting XI via a widget as part of my preview first thing in the morning. Vinny, I suspect will be mentioned.

We will certainly miss Kev, having said that Merlin will be back, i'm sure.

I'm not sure Sane will start - either he is being taught a lesson for some unknown misdemeanour or else Pep fancied having a right footer (Sterling) playing down the left, perhaps in order to include Mahrez?

One centre half is interesting - can we assume the terriers have so little firepower? - of course we can so three at the back it is. But Blue Mendy is like an attack minded Roberto Carlos/Marcello, does he have the discipline required to hold a back line?

Ederson
Walker Stones Laporte Mendy
Bernardo F25 Gundogan (or Merlin?)
Mahrez Aguero (just...) Sterling

Maybe 4-3-3 but with Mendy pushing on. I imagine Aguero might have received the mother, father and both sets of grandparents of rollockings for not squaring to Red Kev when through on goal, but expect him to keep his place. Just.

News on Merlin?

Merlin news....has a knock but might be fit.

Pep's press conference at 1.30 pm will reveal all.

Hope he really proves himself this season and becomes a regular.

The positive thing about that is that to get himself a midfield berth in this side he will have to be playing out of his skin. Or too many injuries/suspensions - but it's only Match Day 2 (or whatever they call it) so let's stay positive!

Although at home against a possibly demoralised and partially shell shocked Huddersfield team could there be a better time for his first PL start...?

Indeed. Klippity and co have benefitted from extraordinary media hype and arslikhan all summer. This following the well drilled bus attack saw many Blues, myself included sense a shift in the earth-space time continuum towards disliking them as much as the rags. However, comments by the classiest of class acts Maureen about us lacking class have realigned the stars in my case.