If you could choose one or the other:

• Yanic

Votes: 21 47.7%
  • McMannaman

Votes: 10 22.7%
  • Neither

Votes: 13 29.5%

• Total voters
Absolutely brilliant news. Does he want to play for Wigan? Yes he does. Can he do a job for us? He has proved that in the past.

Welcome back Callum. Well done Cooky

Best news of the close season - he gets us and will be committed - take that all day long, get Perch signed as well and I'm a happy tic ?

Interesting to hear him say in his interview that he never wanted to leave in the first place. If anyone can get the best out of him I believe Paul Cook can. On his day he is dynamite. Really looking forward to seeing him in a Latics shirt again.

I think it shows our limitations, signings wise.

Personally, I wouldn't have touched him with a bargepole. I'd sooner us bring Martyn Waghorn back.

You think he's worth that sort of money do you ? glad your not balancing our books

heffield United have been linked with Ipswich Town striker Martyn Waghorn, with Chris Wilder reportedly ready to break the club's transfer record for the second time in one window. However the Tractorboys value the targetman at between £8million and £10million,

You think he's worth that sort of money do you ? glad your not balancing our books

heffield United have been linked with Ipswich Town striker Martyn Waghorn, with Chris Wilder reportedly ready to break the club's transfer record for the second time in one window. However the Tractorboys value the targetman at between £8million and £10million,

Nah, I hadn't seen that bit, to be fair. I wouldn't pay over 3 Mil.

Absolutely brilliant news. Does he want to play for Wigan? Yes he does. Can he do a job for us? He has proved that in the past.

Welcome back Callum. Well done Cooky

Just not sure where he will fit into Cooks system. We have two wide mids, i.e. Jacobs and massey/walker, each of who are also expected to help the full backs out defensively. I'm not sure Mcmanaman can do that. He's more attacking....and we aren't going to drop Powell. Just not sure where he will fit.

Not convinced Cook was the driving force in this move.

I think it shows our limitations, signings wise.

Personally, I wouldn't have touched him with a bargepole. I'd sooner us bring Martyn Waghorn back.

For £5 million? Yes keep dreaming!!

It's called pragmatism TB. The club cannot afford emotions to rule their head. His record and stats over the last 4 years do not make for great reading. If he hadn't once played for us and supporters weren't getting misty eyed then we wouldn't be looking at him.

I try to look at things objectively, whereas many, including lots on here, refuse to acknowledge issues and would rather 'keep the faith'. There are many examples I could cite and invariably I'm correct.

I consider myself pragmatic MiW, but still see the sunnier side sometimes.

Interesting to hear him say in his interview that he never wanted to leave in the first place. If anyone can get the best out of him I believe Paul Cook can. On his day he is dynamite. Really looking forward to seeing him in a Latics shirt again.
Correct, he got pushed out by the club who were desperate to get as many players off the books as possible for as much money as possible in preparation for L1. When West Brom came along and offered a few million their was no way in hell Whelan was letting McManaman turn the move down.

Personally, would have preferred Yanic back.

One of the last CM games in that dreadful 2014/2015 winter period.
It wasn't the usual 'chemically' tasting hot water (in the hot chocolate) that left a bitter taste, that night.

(I still remember it being discussed on Barry's podcast too with suggestions nudging at a deliberate way of avoiding playing)

Not for me but hopefully the gamble will pay off.
Going back to that group of players .... unfff

Just not sure where he will fit into Cooks system. We have two wide mids, i.e. Jacobs and massey/walker, each of who are also expected to help the full backs out defensively. I'm not sure Mcmanaman can do that. He's more attacking....and we aren't going to drop Powell. Just not sure where he will fit.

Not convinced Cook was the driving force in this move.
me niether

The admission from fans on a forum of their inability to fathom the reasoning behind a Manager signing a player always tickles me. To then suggest that the player wasn't particularly wanted by the Manager just makes it even funnier.......and baffling.

Come on chaps. We all know what the lad can do. Cookie presumably thinks he can get the lad playing somewhere near his old level. If he does, great. If he doesn't ........... well, it's not much of a gamble.

Not my choice but hopefully if we give him the welcome a legend of the FA Cup winning team deserves he will work hard and give of his best.

I can see Powell slotting balls through to Callum who will learn to cross the ball to Will to score the goals. Their defence will be terrified.

I've far more respect for Callum than Yanic, but the latter would have proved a far better acquisition in my opinion, though do accept striking a deal with Norwich given the outstanding payments etc would have been difficult.

Looking on the sunnier side TB it's only a one year deal so it reduces our liabilities and it should incentivise him. Let's hope my fears are unfounded and he proves me wrong.

I've far more respect for Callum than Yanic, but the latter would have proved a far better acquisition in my opinion, though do accept striking a deal with Norwich given the outstanding payments etc would have been difficult.

Looking on the sunnier side TB it's only a one year deal so it reduces our liabilities and it should incentivise him. Let's hope my fears are unfounded and he proves me wrong.

:clap:(y)