Mckenna out for ....... | Vital Football

Mckenna out for .......

.... 4 to 5 weeks with his hamstring

I'm guessing both he and cook will return after the international break.

Time for Panz or Sohz to shine on Sunday
Well if if it had to happen this as good a time as any I suppose & at least he will not have to go off with Scotland so should come back well rested. The old football gods are not smiling on us at present, but as Cooper likes to say "next man up" time for one of the younger players to make a name for themselves

.... 4 to 5 weeks with his hamstring

I'm guessing both he and cook will return after the international break.

Time for Panz or Sohz to shine on Sunday

Baba Fernandez too.... can't remember if he's left or right footed?

Mbe Soh is right footed.

Think Panzo is most likely being left footed, unless they play Yates at CH, Colback into CM and then give Laryea a run out at LWB.

Going to be really interesting to see if Coops goes to a back four or if he keeps the back 3 and gives one or more of Soh, Panzo or Fernandez a run out.

I think we have a back 4 nailed on now for the league. Maybe a 4-3-3

Spence Worrall Figs Laryea/Panzo

Yates Garner Colback

Johnson Davis plus 1

Hoping it's nearer 4 weeks and he's back for the Easter games starting with Luton. If so, he will miss 3 league games

I am sure he will go 3 at the back - it has worked so well for us - giving Spence the freedom to attack.
Next man up - probably Panzo to maintain Balance

I don’t think we should go 4 at the back - we aren’t very good at it and it completely limits the impact of Spence. He’s got to trust one of his signings or give Soh a go. You can’t even stick Yates in there because Lowes out and Colbacks covering.

It’s a shit blow to lose 3 of our back 5 in the space of a week and the sort of shite that happens to Forest just as things are going brilliantly well.

I hope coopers over egging how bad it is because Scott Mckenna is one of the best centre halves we’ve had at the club in the last 20 years.

I know we want to try to win the game or at least give a good account of ourselves, and I know it would be asking an awful lot of inexperienced / young players against a side like Liverpool, but surely this is an ideal opportunity to give at least one of Laryea, Mbe Soh, Fernadez, Panzo etc. a chance to get some game time. The league is clearly the priority and the way things are going we are going to need these players at some point.
It would be so much better if they had seen some game time

I don’t think we should go 4 at the back - we aren’t very good at it and it completely limits the impact of Spence. He’s got to trust one of his signings or give Soh a go. You can’t even stick Yates in there because Lowes out and Colbacks covering.

It’s a shit blow to lose 3 of our back 5 in the space of a week and the sort of shite that happens to Forest just as things are going brilliantly well.

I hope coopers over egging how bad it is because Scott Mckenna is one of the best centre halves we’ve had at the club in the last 20 years.
Agreed. If we can get him back for the Luton game, and we can maintain the good results, then by the time the 3 of them get back they will have some decent rest! Maybe rest Worrall for a game or 2

I know we want to try to win the game or at least give a good account of ourselves, and I know it would be asking an awful lot of inexperienced / young players against a side like Liverpool, but surely this is an ideal opportunity to give at least one of Laryea, Mbe Soh, Fernadez, Panzo etc. a chance to get some game time. The league is clearly the priority and the way things are going we are going to need these players at some point.
100%. Laryea has to play IMO on Sunday

Totally agree. Liverpool is a the definition of a luxury game. My only criticism of Cooper and it’s understandable why it hasn’t happened in his defence, is that we haven’t taken opportunities in the cup to give the likes of Lolley, Silva, Panzo, Soh or Laryea a go.

I’m never big on giving players a go for the sake of it, but I think it’s very probable we’ll have Boro in the play offs if we make them - he’s got to start thinking about what we do if that’s the case and there’s no Spence. Even if it’s to rule Laryea out, it’s good to know what he can and can’t bring. He’s 27 and a permanent. If he’s not up to it even for a cup game, then he’s a waste of time and money.

Totally agree. Liverpool is a the definition of a luxury game. My only criticism of Cooper and it’s understandable why it hasn’t happened in his defence, is that we haven’t taken opportunities in the cup to give the likes of Lolley, Silva, Panzo, Soh or Laryea a go.

I’m never big on giving players a go for the sake of it, but I think it’s very probable we’ll have Boro in the play offs if we make them - he’s got to start thinking about what we do if that’s the case and there’s no Spence. Even if it’s to rule Laryea out, it’s good to know what he can and can’t bring. He’s 27 and a permanent. If he’s not up to it even for a cup game, then he’s a waste of time and money.
He's pretty decent, but I agree with you and Liverpool he has to play. Even if its on his off wing

We have nothing to lose. Liverpool are expected to steamroller us.
We're at our turf, the WFCG. A full house.
It's the scousers.
Play with no fear and go for it. Cook and McKenna are a huge loss, but we keep going.
We have a manager who brings out the best on players.
COYR.

Salah most likely is only going to be a sub at best, ok their back ups pretty decent to but slightly less daunting to who comes in. Panzo makes sense for balance, or he could go Soh on the right and Worral left as he's played left CB plenty. Might even see Larreya and add stick Colback in front of the defence for more cover.

Saw goals from u-23 game with Harbottle scoring a belting header from a corner.

Injuries to players like McKenna and Cook are the last thing we need, but we have promising young players. Looks like we might need to test one or two if our CBs keep dropping like flies.