McDonald's Are Not Loving It | Page 2 | Vital Football

McDonald's Are Not Loving It

25 years a go a mate and I were in the States in Pennsylvania. We stopped at a McDonald's drive through and I ordered a Big Mac meal. My mate asked the girl if they did veggie burgers to which she replied yes so we placed the order and hit the road. A mile or two down the road my mate opened up his burger to find he had been served a Big Mac but with no burgers, just the lettuce, cheese and sauce :lol:

McDonald's is gross! Like eating cardboard. Should be out of business even. No to plant food. Just put them out of business

McDonalds is just a very good example of great marketing.

Indeed, my 3 year old has been once (with my missus, was not impressed), and he talks about taking nanny and grandad to the restaurant with the big yellow M. It’s very clever what they’ve done in that regard, all about the marketing.

As a total aside. Some chap on Thursday (BBC1 9pm) seems to be repeating the McDonald's experiment and looking into what eating such food daily does to your body and brain.

The chap's name escapes me who did it originally over a decade ago - Supersize Me or something, I think.

But going off the ad I've just seen, it looks very similar for anyone who didn't see the original or anyone who did, but is slightly curious as to how their recipe changes have changed things.

As a total aside. Some chap on Thursday (BBC1 9pm) seems to be repeating the McDonald's experiment and looking into what eating such food daily does to your body and brain.

The chap's name escapes me who did it originally over a decade ago - Supersize Me or something, I think.

But going off the ad I've just seen, it looks very similar for anyone who didn't see the original or anyone who did, but is slightly curious as to how their recipe changes have changed things.

Yeah, new one on 4 with Michael Moseley and the one I think you are on about, is BBC with one of the twin doctors. Ate processed food for a month and shows what happens.

Was it Morgan Spurlock? A ginger lol

Didn't realise 4 had one, I just caught the advert for the BBC one minutes before I posted and it twigged to mention it given this thread. The original was horrifying really. I'm kind of hoping there has been some improvement since, but I'm not expecting much!

the McDonalds one was stupid to be fair, hope this one is a bit more grounded and with the presenter/doctor doing it, I think it will be.

Just checked, probably good to take it to the fitness/nutrition thread when discussing

Thursday 9pm BBC One. What are we feeding our kids.

Is ultra processed food causing obesity in children and could it even be addictive? Dr Chrs van Tulleken investigates as he undergoes an experiment that shocks the scientists.

Thursday 9pm Channel 4. 21 day body turnaround

with Michael Mosley. Five volunteers put their lives in Michael's hands. Can food, fitness and lifestyle changes really transform their health and well-being in just three weeks?

the McDonalds one was stupid to be fair, hope this one is a bit more grounded and with the presenter/doctor doing it, I think it will be.

Yeah, if I'm right on Spurlock, he went to the extreme ends which did serve a purpose but wasn't really educational so to speak as he was out to prove a point. If I've got my dates right, it always struck me as a bite back to the McLibel crap that went on a few years ago.

We still have the occasional Maccies for occasions (ie birthdays) when the kids pick it, so it would be good to see a more grounded look at things.

Just checked, probably good to take it to the fitness/nutrition thread when discussing

Thursday 9pm BBC One. What are we feeding our kids.

Is ultra processed food causing obesity in children and could it even be addictive? Dr Chrs van Tulleken investigates as he undergoes an experiment that shocks the scientists.

Thursday 9pm Channel 4. 21 day body turnaround

with Michael Mosley. Five volunteers put their lives in Michael's hands. Can food, fitness and lifestyle changes really transform their health and well-being in just three weeks?

Just put both on record.

My Son won't go to a McDonalds after an episode in Portugal where they refused his order because he wasn't wearing a shirt. That was about 15 years ago and he hasn't been in one since.