McCanns | Page 2 | Vital Football

McCanns

Really feel sorry for Madeline, no child from any background deserves to be murdered/abducted or die young (from whatever cause), but I have no time for the parents, if anything they should have been done for child neglect. As stated earlier, had this been a working class child the story would have died years ago.

The parents action/inaction have left them years of remorse, which is disproportionate to the original act of leaving their children alone, but this was an unseen/unintended consequence of their actions.

Hope that the abductor/killer is caught, not just in this case but all cases as they do not deserve freedom. However, the amount ofitime,money and media exposure given to this particular case does seem disproportionate.
You seem to be blaming them, even a bit annoyed by the increased profile this case has, compared to others (on a side note i would love to hear what this is based upon too - what other cases havnt had as much media attention?).

Its not their fault their case is seen as more newsworthy really. Okay so theyve done everything they can to increase its popularity, so actually maybe it is part thei fault. Can you blame them? What parent wpupdnt do everything they could to make sure the police continue their investigations to find your child?

Would it be better that they, just accepted it and carried on with their lives?

Maybe a better way of showing your frustration would be to say, i find it disgusting not all cases, rather than what comes across as a bit of bitterness that they have (you claim) got more attention than others might have done.

Maybe they have got more attention than others, but surely that is a reason to get others more attention as well, not moan that they have had too much.

Good stuff, perhaps you should phone all this in to the Incident room - they might not have considered all the points you raise.
Think youre missing my point, because that is exactly the point im making. They must have been doing these things or if not then thats absolutely shocking. so why on earth has it taken 13 years to get to this position? On the face of it it seems absolutely ridiculous. I remember watching the documentary on it and the portugese' police failings at the time were huge, i might add.

Think youre missing my point, because that is exactly the point im making. They must have been doing these things or if not then thats absolutely shocking. so why on earth has it taken 13 years to get to this position? On the face of it it seems absolutely ridiculous. I remember watching the documentary on it and the portugese' police failings at the time were huge, i might add.
That all rings true and police going over and over the same ground surely would have unearthed something? I don't know the details but it appears the German guy was subject to inquiry back in 2017 and maybe even before.

I`m not missing your point - I was actually being a little sarcastic (I`m sure you realise that). I would acknowledge that there were shortcomings in the initial/immediate investigation by the Portuguese, whether that was due to the small town`s resource issues, lack of co-ordination or, simply a lack of expertise, I don`t really know. I realise that (hopefully) you`re just trying to be constructive but, trust me, once CEOP, then Leicestershire Police then the Met got involved, all of the things you raised would have been considered. Though, tbh, having all those agencies, plus several in Portugal, involved, probably didn`t lend itself to a cohesive process. But, anyway, even back in 2007 it was possible for baddies to use phones which could not be traced, especially those used by criminals who know how to operate anonymously. My earlier suggestion, about the registration of the car still stands, the admin process could have taken place in Germany and a simple re-reg in Bonn (or wherever) wouldn`t have been picked in Portugal as a matter of routine. The key aspect will be whether or not the German male was actually identified, of interest and "in the mix" for the enquiry team. I`m guessing that he wasn`t and, maybe nor was his car/van. If he was transient, living in a van then it would have been possible to stay under the radar - don`t believe what you see in Hunted - it`s nothing like real-life (I watch it for entertainment, but only because there a number of people in it whom I know personally). It will all, hopefully, come out in the next few days/weeks - if the man and /or his vehicle were "known" back in 2007 or thereafter, then I agree , it would seem that some "leads" might have been overlooked. Some investigations, especially this one, have lots and lots of complicated factors, so many that I couldn`t even start to cover them. But, what`s more important is that, at last, the McCanns might get some closure. Whoever the scumbag is in prison, if he killed Madeline then it`s a high possibility that he`s committed similar crimes. Nothing`s proved yet, of course, but from the information available, i`d be surprised if the German is not our man. I`m not going to speculate anymore on this matter, AK, I remember this case well and just hope that families of all the victims of this monster can get some justice.

I've just been watching the News and a commentator said he hopes the police have got this right. He believes far more information has been revealed than perhaps the UK police would offer, which could lead to an unfair trial with jurors already having preconceived ideas.

True, the Met have been very careful not to reveal his name and only given a scant description. Unfortunately, someone (?) Has released photos and details of the car which anyone who knew him could quite easily link. Just hope no one blabs for a quick newspaper payout

100% Yes.

We`re talking about child murder, 58 !

So a 'normal' family would've been able to finance hiring Clarence Mitchell as a family spokesman for over a decade to keep the case in the public eye? Sorry, but their background has played a big part in this case still being open. The Ben Needham case being an example. Nowhere near the resources have been put into his case as they have the McCanns.

Have every sympathy for a poor innocent girl who went through God knows what that night and subsequently after her abduction and the sooner we get whoever did it caught/convicted the better. As for the parents, sorry, I have very little sympathy, their priorities that night were not their little girl and however harsh that may be, they made a choice that night, a very costly choice, and whether it was right or wrong (each to their own) the last 13 years have been a situation they created by their neglect.

100% Yes.

We`re talking about child murder, 58 !
Really? Lots of kids go missing. Millions have been spent on this one. Any others comparable? I can vaguely remember a boy going missing in Greece some 30 years ago that got a lot of publicity (Ben Needham?), but not as much time and money as this one. Can't think of any others remotely comparable. Can you?

Ps. I'm not saying they should ignore this new evidence, of course. If it is a serious lead then obviously persue it. Just saying the time and money spent on it has been way over the top, even taking account of the tragedy.

Alphabet_King. Just had a look at the UK Missing Children website, says over 100,000 children go missing every year just in the UK. What happens to them, I have no idea and have no knowledge about the statistics eg how many were found/returned, how many died how many are never heard of again.

I cannot name a single case, but then surely that says it all.

Alphabet_King. Just had a look at the UK Missing Children website, says over 100,000 children go missing every year just in the UK. What happens to them, I have no idea and have no knowledge about the statistics eg how many were found/returned, how many died how many are never heard of again.

I cannot name a single case, but then surely that says it all.
Yes agree, much more shluld be done for other kids that also go missing. Doesnt mean we shouldn't support everything being done for this one.

Alphabet_King. The latest figures I could find for the murder of children in the UK was 69 a year. Other than Demilola Taylor and MeganRussell (and her mum), with out looking it up, can you name any others?

Alphabet_King. The latest figures I could find for the murder of children in the UK was 69 a year. Other than Demilola Taylor and MeganRussell (and her mum), with out looking it up, can you name any others?
Surely the key here is how many of them have gone unsolved? Only that can allow a fair comparison.

That's the point, no one tells us, or reminds. I cannot give you the figures because I have no idea.

PS - Ben Kinsella (although 16) is another name I can remember. But this was only due to the campaigning undertaken by his family and friends.

The media have almost treated Madeline disappearance as "celebrity".

That's the point, no one tells us, or reminds. I cannot give you the figures because I have no idea.

PS - Ben Kinsella (although 16) is another name I can remember. But this was only due to the campaigning undertaken by his family and friends.

The media have almost treated Madeline disappearance as "celebrity".

If it helps find her ive absolutely no issue with that. Well even if it doesnt, ive no issue with them trying.

Although what the McCanns have have had to go through at the hands of the media is nothing short of disgusting. So it works both ways. They wil have started off thinking the more media attention the better, except 13 years later shes still missing and the media have made their already shit lives after losing a child even worse.

Unsurprisingly they now have spokespeople who deal with the media these days.

Well the scumbag daily mail have now named the bloke and plastered his photo over their front page. Germany has very strict privacy laws (i know this through my work with german customer data) but they also extend their privacy laws to their suspected, and even convicted criminals!

Do the DM not realise that if some evidence did come to light, they are potentially putting a potential conviction at jeopardy. If evidence comes to light from the uk his defence will be written for him. Fcking scumbag british press.

Last edited:
It could well be that the DM has undermined the case but the real issue is finding the missing person.