McCabe the Rat...............And Club Statement | Page 2 | Vital Football

McCabe the Rat...............And Club Statement

The disturbing factor in all this is it seems not all the Land at the Lane is covered in the Property ordered by the Court to be sold. Whether by accident or design he continues to have a hold over the Club.That means KM could frustrate the progress of the Club by building on the Land he still owns. Is this about money or revenge? We don't know but he seems to be adopting the same tactics he adopted in the Court process that failed miserably. He's entitled to get a good price for his property. Whats he's not entitled to do is to let this drag on beyond Arbitration.

For those still believing we would have been better with KM winning just remember we would have been at the mercy of an American franchise now with no experience of English football whatsoever.

He's entitled to use the law to it's fullest extent. I say again, I hope he gets a fair price for the assets.

TT, we'll know within a few short years mate. I hope you are right to support the Prince.
I'm not SUPPORTING the prince as such Chips but, since he's been involved we have, undeniably, been on an upward curve after the decade of decline under Mcc's stewardship.

To a degree I could not care one jot who owns the club and would prefer that it was totally irrelevant to any fan based on good stewardship and football progression in terms of league position and status. It's only when the owner's decisions and appointments have a direct bearing on that status that fans get involved.

The lower profile they have, the better. Clubs belong to ( rely on) fans not owners but when the owner wants to oversee a personal fiefdom they must also live with the issues that come their way but, as we know problems were always 'bad luck'.

sorry mate
The accounts i read in the following year said different about the teves money,
True ha did invest in SUFC, but a little misleading ,about how much
In those yearly accounts alone, eh was loaning SUFC £400,000 a quarter at 4% Plus Libor rate

I've read the accounts as well. West Ham payed in instalments, so the club took out a loan for the full amount (from Santander I think) and then used the Tevez money to pay back that loan as it came in. There wasn't anything untoward at all.

I'm not SUPPORTING the prince as such Chips but, since he's been involved we have, undeniably, been on an upward curve after the decade of decline under Mcc's stewardship.

The Prince came in when Weir was the manager and has only had sole ownership since this last Autumn. You can't just say everything that went wrong is McCabe's fault and everything that has gone right is due to the Prince, it doesn't add up. Plus, CW was McCabe's man, there's no way that the Prince and his guys would have even heard of him. They would have wanted a foreign coach like Jan van Winckel.

I've read the accounts as well. West Ham payed in instalments, so the club took out a loan for the full amount (from Santander I think) and then used the Tevez money to pay back that loan as it came in. There wasn't anything untoward at all.

The Prince came in when Weir was the manager and has only had sole ownership since this last Autumn. You can't just say everything that went wrong is McCabe's fault and everything that has gone right is due to the Prince, it doesn't add up. Plus, CW was McCabe's man, there's no way that the Prince and his guys would have even heard of him. They would have wanted a foreign coach like Jan van Winckel.

I agree that McC can't be blamed for everything SRE , and, as I have said before I do believe that, at times, he had the interests of the club at heart and ,as we are seeing now, those interests intertwine deeply with his time as sole owner.

It was his choice to share ownership and, in pure football terms , the progress through the league ladder coincides almost exactly ( after an introduction period) with the Prince's involvement although, again, I don't put that down solely to the prince either.As we all know the upturn came when CW came into the club but to say McC was solely responsible for that would also be wrong.

Indeed McC said clearly on R Sheffield, at the Town Hall, in the aftermath of the promo party to the Champ that his meeting with CW was a chance meeting. Of course he knew him because of CW's SUFC connections but let's not give the impression he hunted him down which,even if he did, begs the question why didn't he go for him earlier then ? After all, if he was so sure of his abilities and so sure of his own judgement then he would be a fool not to go for him a.s.a.p.

So TT you believe in good luck but not bad? Interesting.
Still all down to personal preferences or personal predujces perhaps.
I'm the same about the Prince, unsure at best but perhpas he is a very lucky man.

So TT you believe in good luck but not bad? Interesting.
Still all down to personal preferences or personal predujces perhaps.
I'm the same about the Prince, unsure at best but perhpas he is a very lucky man.

Well they do say some people are luckier than others Chips!- and, semi-seriously it could well be that the Prince is one of them

McC must have believed in the adage 'the more you practise, the luckier you get' because he certainly had enough goes at finding a good manager.

Personally I believe that luck , both good and bad, affects some people in different ways and the way they approach ups and downs of life is either to get on with it or, as others do blame bad luck for everything that doesn't work out for them- and we all know one of them!

BTW any bias ( prejudice is probably a more pejorative term in this day and age than bias) from me about McC is based solely on his record of FOOTBALL success as owner and yes, I am biased against someone who led us to the decade of decline through his own mistakes. Similarly, I am sure you will admit that you are biased in favour of him thus our disagreements about his stewardship.

He's entitled to use the law to it's fullest extent. I say again, I hope he gets a fair price for the assets.

Seems like he was offered a fair price, but has decided to try and feck the Prince over by changing the terms, threatening to build in such a way that limits the club in the future if we want to redevelop the Kop end. Its his choice, though a court may force him to do what he should have done in the first place. If he won the case, I'd be very tempted to feck him off, and rebuild BDTBL at Norton, in the style of todays ground but with the problems fixed and a larger capacity. Four different stands would be great..! I don't want no bowl...

A belligerent man with deep pockets is excellent business for the lawyers. They must have thrown a party when they saw him coming.

FKB, I no nothing about what is on sale and at one price but the seller must
know and the buyer must have had advice....after that it's just business.

Well they do say some people are luckier than others Chips!- and, semi-seriously it could well be that the Prince is one of them

McC must have believed in the adage 'the more you practise, the luckier you get' because he certainly had enough goes at finding a good manager.

Personally I believe that luck , both good and bad, affects some people in different ways and the way they approach ups and downs of life is either to get on with it or, as others do blame bad luck for everything that doesn't work out for them- and we all know one of them!

BTW any bias ( prejudice is probably a more pejorative term in this day and age than bias) from me about McC is based solely on his record of FOOTBALL success as owner and yes, I am biased against someone who led us to the decade of decline through his own mistakes. Similarly, I am sure you will admit that you are biased in favour of him thus our disagreements about his stewardship.

After all hisi bad luck or bad judgement we paid the price in our feelings and a bit of cash for those that paid to support but Mr McCabe paid dearly for his years in control and heavily every year.
Then it was going well when he made another error. A mixture of bad luck and bad judgement then but not a lack of caring. His epitaph.

Last edited:
You'd have thought that after the court case it would have been nailed down something like this.

"Prince, you are going to buy the properties off Mr McCabe for x amount of pounds, by the end of June 2020"

The Prince has talked about a "call option" which basically entitles him to buy at an agreed price, but doesn't make him obligated to buy.

A call option cannot be in place because the Prince MUST buy according to reports of the court decision

The only question is, will he pay the price from his own funds or the club's Prem funds?

I will be annoyed if 'we' have to buy our own club......a bit like ManU?

After all hisi bad luck or bad judgement we paid the price in our feelings and a bit of cash for those that paid to support but Mr McCabe paid dearly for his years in control and heavily every year.
Then it was going well when he made another error. A mixture of bad luck and bad judgement then but not a lack of caring. His epitaph.
Another adage Chips 'you pay to learn and you never stop paying' or, paraphrased, if you don't learn it costs you and, boy , he certainly was ( is) a slow learner when judged on his football record.

I don't think he didn't care but , let's be honest, football wise , he's incompetent.

As an aside I was thinking about his 'bad luck' outporings. As we are all reminded by some,as a self made multi millionaire he must know what his doing in his chosen sphere. I reckon we all need a slice of luck in our careers be it pulling off an amazing deal that you never thought possible or being in the right place at he right time when opportunities come along.

Maybe that happened in his business career and , for the avoidance of any doubt, I am not saying that's why he was successful , but that may have thrown into even sharper relief his belief that he was 'unlucky' in his football life because he certainly promoted that theory

His so called bad luck stereotypified everything that Sheffield United have been for the last 90 years at directors level.

Quick to accept we're not good enough.
Quick to accept we cant compete.
Quick to portray a small time image.
Quick to assume that it's impossible.
Quick to dismiss possibilities.
Quick to dismiss any risk, however small.
Quick to squabble amongst themselves over anything from a free signings wages to a major player sale.
Quick to tell downright lies to the fans and ex managers, dismissing us all as though we're all bleeding stupid.

And happy to stand about watching and blaming bad luck whilst every other medium sized club and many much smaller clubs had some success.

We can all be proud of our Sheffieldness but one thing I hope for is that no local businessman ever gets his backside in the Chairmans seat ever again.
Sheffield - The only place that can even produce backward multi millionaires

His so called bad luck stereotypified everything that Sheffield United have been for the last 90 years at directors level.

Quick to accept we're not good enough.
Quick to accept we cant compete.
Quick to portray a small time image.
Quick to assume that it's impossible.
Quick to dismiss possibilities.
Quick to dismiss any risk, however small.
Quick to squabble amongst themselves over anything from a free signings wages to a major player sale.
Quick to tell downright lies to the fans and ex managers, dismissing us all as though we're all bleeding stupid.

And happy to stand about watching and blaming bad luck whilst every other medium sized club and many much smaller clubs had some success.

We can all be proud of our Sheffieldness but one thing I hope for is that no local businessman ever gets his backside in the Chairmans seat ever again.
Sheffield - The only place that can even produce backward multi millionaires
It produces plenty of forum experts tho mi owd dunt it.:giggle:UTMPB

Another adage Chips 'you pay to learn and you never stop paying' or, paraphrased, if you don't learn it costs you and, boy , he certainly was ( is) a slow learner when judged on his football record.

I don't think he didn't care but , let's be honest, football wise , he's incompetent.

As an aside I was thinking about his 'bad luck' outporings. As we are all reminded by some,as a self made multi millionaire he must know what his doing in his chosen sphere. I reckon we all need a slice of luck in our careers be it pulling off an amazing deal that you never thought possible or being in the right place at he right time when opportunities come along.

Maybe that happened in his business career and , for the avoidance of any doubt, I am not saying that's why he was successful , but that may have thrown into even sharper relief his belief that he was 'unlucky' in his football life because he certainly promoted that theory
Twice promoted to the Prem and once relegated.

Being reported today that King Kev is suing Prince for breach of something, demanding 'misleading statement' is removed from website etc etc. Chuck in a few Twitter morons abusing Kev, you get the idea. Its all depressingly obvious. It makes Brexit look amicable...

I have to say I don't understand as I've never hated someone as much as some of these on here. Dislike yes.

I dislike Jeremy but I would wish him harn. Infact I wish he was still leader :)

Being reported today that King Kev is suing Prince for breach of something, demanding 'misleading statement' is removed from website etc etc. Chuck in a few Twitter morons abusing Kev, you get the idea. Its all depressingly obvious. It makes Brexit look amicable...

Lawyers mischief FKB ....... ££££££££££££££££££££££££££'s