McBurnie | Page 3 | Vital Football

McBurnie

Mind you this is the crap he has to put up with due to him living in Leeds…

The original video tells us what they want us to see, McBurnie walking up to a group of lads and hitting them. Why did he do it, why were they filming him anyways? Two wrongs don't make a right but unless you have mental health issues (I say that respectfully) it's not something you just impulsively do without being provoked in some manner.

I understand that he represents United and is a professional footballer. BUT, he is a human being. If you were being taunted and needlessly harrassed, would you act in the same manner?

Mind you this is the crap he has to put up with due to him living in Leeds…

In this instance McBurnie does very well to leave it alone. Not sure I'd have managed that. That cu nt deserves decking. And then booting.

Hopefully he's the one who got it in the other video. Or at least one of his mates.

Funny how he starts backing off as soon as he gets anywhere near him. His phone is his only line of defence. McBurnie clearly knows that.

He must be sick of this sort of shit - he seems to put himself out there more than most.

I don't blame him one bit for snapping.

Hopefully he gets no more than a slap on the wrist.

Last edited:
I am afraid that this comes with the territory of been an overpaid professional footballer. McBurnie will know the consequences of reacting as that is the law, whether we like it or not. The law is the law and common sense will not be taken into account. If i was getting paid all that money i could put up with a bit of abuse. They soon stop when they do not get a reaction. These scrouts are just after a payout, dont give them what they want simply.

Last edited:
Definitely shouldn't happen to any individual face to face or on internet media, but it does. McBurnie along with other footballers had abuse from opposition fans from the terraces every game, and they will receive it when fans return. Thankfully most of them don't react to it.

Like BFL above, if I was earning all that money, I like to think I would just laugh at these morons. Well, I would now, but not sure if I would at McBurnie’s age.
However, just because he looks like a direct descendent of the Viking Eric Bloodaxe, he’s no need to act like him! :death:

I remember when this was in the news about Oli paying for a Swansea fan's funeral.Terrific gesture from the fella but we all know which act will get the most publicity don't we.I don't condone what Oli's done BUT i don't have to put with anywhere near as much abuse as some of these players do.Yes we know they're very well paid but i'm sure none of us if we were good enough to be pro players wouldn't want as much money as we could get would we? UTB

I remember when this was in the news about Oli paying for a Swansea fan's funeral.Terrific gesture from the fella but we all know which act will get the most publicity don't we.I don't condone what Oli's done BUT i don't have to put with anywhere near as much abuse as some of these players do.Yes we know they're very well paid but i'm sure none of us if we were good enough to be pro players wouldn't want as much money as we could get would we? UTB

You would hope common sense prevails and the investigation doesn't lead to a prosecution. Plod can give Oli a caution and he can maybe do a bit of PR donating a few bob or making a couple of appearances for community charities.

Going forward he's just going to have to be more savvy about not placing himself in environments he can be abused in and if he is abused just pop his ear phones in and ignore it. It's sad that Oli needs to coach himself to do this, but that's the society we live in unfortunately. For the record I think the chavs abusing him deserve the snot beating out of them.

Police said today they have fined one man and cautioned another following an incident in Knaresborough involving Sheffield United striker Oli McBurnie.

McBurnie was arrested last month after a viral video showed a confrontation between the 24-year-old professional footballer and a 21-year-old man on High Street in Knaresborough, towards Bond End.

It said in a statement:
“Following an investigation, a man in his 20s has been cautioned for a public order offence, namely using threatening behaviour.
“A second man, also in his 20s, was issued with a penalty notice for a similar offence.​
Presumably one is MB Is one, who knows or cares, maybe he soon won't be a SUFC problem for much longer.

Police said today they have fined one man and cautioned another following an incident in Knaresborough involving Sheffield United striker Oli McBurnie.

McBurnie was arrested last month after a viral video showed a confrontation between the 24-year-old professional footballer and a 21-year-old man on High Street in Knaresborough, towards Bond End.

It said in a statement:
“Following an investigation, a man in his 20s has been cautioned for a public order offence, namely using threatening behaviour.​
“A second man, also in his 20s, was issued with a penalty notice for a similar offence.​
Presumably one is MB Is one, who knows or cares, maybe he soon won't be a SUFC problem for much longer.
He won’t be I’ve been off work for a week but walked straight into the story of the Burnley game involving him he will almost certainly be in the departure lounge unless Slav insists on keeping him but it’s doubtful that will happen

He won’t be I’ve been off work for a week but walked straight into the story of the Burnley game involving him he will almost certainly be in the departure lounge unless Slav insists on keeping him but it’s doubtful that will happen

What story mate? Update us with something worth knowing rather than the snowflake vvankers that keep infesting this place.

Not going to divulge the source as don’t want to get anyone into trouble but I’m more than satisfied with its authenticity
last game of season everyone told to report for duty whether in the squad or not for the final lap to thank the fans mcburnie turned up legless he was ushered away from everyone and someone sat him down and poured drinks (non alcoholic) down him during the game trying to sober him up enough so he could go out at the end and do the lap, to say management and the club hierarchy were unimpressed is an understatement, he was on club duty and should behave as such I’ll be surprised if he’s here when the transfer window closes
While we’re on the subject it’s apparently why wilder bombed Robinson out of the club being a disruptive influence on the squad a number of players weren’t happy with him within the squad

If what you say is true, and knowing you as a friend I don't doubt it he's toast. Don't know how it works terminating a contract due to an obvious breach on his part and then being able to get a transfer fee for him. Such a shame. The McB against the rags and Brighton was the one I wanted. Not the drunk driving spaz.

If we can't get good money for him now it would be daft to be hasty. He has to be given next season - it's the opportunity to actually perform at his level, and probably in a far more suitable team.

He's testing patience but I think we need to stick it out just a bit longer.

I don't think McBurnie's a bad lad, just an immature one. It'll probably need his old man or a good lass to settle him down and make him stop acting the twat. If not he'll end up inside like Madine.

Sounds like he's done with us. Kodjia being signed would be the nail in the coffin.

I don't think McBurnie's a bad lad, just an immature one. It'll probably need his old man or a good lass to settle him down and make him stop acting the twat. If not he'll end up inside like Madine.

Sounds like he's done with us. Kodjia being signed would be the nail in the coffin.

IMO he owes us. I don't expect the thick chav twat sees that but if he does then score 25 this season for us you thick bell end.