McBurnie | Page 2 | Vital Football

McBurnie

Newly-promoted English Premier League side Sheffield United received a substantial loan financed by a member of the Bin Laden family, it was revealed on Thursday in a court battle surrounding the club's ownership.
Prince Abdullah sourced the £3 million loan from an investor, Dr Rakan Al Harthy, via a company called Charwell Investments Limited. The loan was intended to be interest free and be paid back in April 2018, however McCabe contends that the loan was never meant to be repaid and was connected to the Prince in his role as Saudi Minister for Youth and Sports.

Prince Abdullah insists that the loan was due to be repaid through sponsorships.

No mention of Dowell, Hogan and Madine, mmmmm

Newly-promoted English Premier League side Sheffield United received a substantial loan financed by a member of the Bin Laden family, it was revealed on Thursday in a court battle surrounding the club's ownership.
Prince Abdullah sourced the £3 million loan from an investor, Dr Rakan Al Harthy, via a company called Charwell Investments Limited. The loan was intended to be interest free and be paid back in April 2018, however McCabe contends that the loan was never meant to be repaid and was connected to the Prince in his role as Saudi Minister for Youth and Sports.

Prince Abdullah insists that the loan was due to be repaid through sponsorships.

No mention of Dowell, Hogan and Madine, mmmmm

There is no mention of why the loan was secured bit seems evident it was for the club in some capacity. I recall Prince saying in court that we could have signed Mitrovic but McCabe wouldn't sanction the transfer.

This latest episode may not be all his fault I don't think he'll ever be any good for us. Just one of those players that's always going to be in the news for the wrong reasons. Questionable mates, questionable lifestyle and he doesn't want to or isn't capable of changing. If he's going to turn himself around he'll need a strong manager who's prepared to spell it out for him and keep him on a tight reign.

Last edited:
There is no mention of why the loan was secured bit seems evident it was for the club in some capacity. I recall Prince saying in court that we could have signed Mitrovic but McCabe wouldn't sanction the transfer.

Didn't each of the co-owners have to match what the other owner put, I recall a post on S2 saying the Prince had a cash flow problem hence the loan.
The Prince is getting a reputation for saying we could have signed this player or that player, maybe we made an offer and when his agent stopped laughing he went to Fulham. Also said he gave a list of players to Wilder but couldn't remember the names, miraculously a list appeared in Yorkshire Live coincidence or by design mmmm

: "Officials at Sheffield United are aware that Police are now involved following the emergence of a video circulating on social media over the weekend and as a club we will do all we can to assist enquiries, as well as continue our own investigation.”

By SUFC making this second statement, you can only assume Mcburnie is the guy arrested.

Interestingly the man arrested lives in Knaresborough, Mcburnie lives in Garforth 22 miles away maybe just lazy reporting though.

Someone said that there was more than one person, so maybe McBurnie mate, or, as you say, just lazy reporting.

Didn't each of the co-owners have to match what the other owner put, I recall a post on S2 saying the Prince had a cash flow problem hence the loan.
The Prince is getting a reputation for saying we could have signed this player or that player, maybe we made an offer and when his agent stopped laughing he went to Fulham. Also said he gave a list of players to Wilder but couldn't remember the names, miraculously a list appeared in Yorkshire Live coincidence or by design mmmm

Agreed. This why I am a little suspicious of him. Says that he's had 35 years in football, well, haven't we all but that doesn't make us chairman or managers. He mentioned several players that Wilder could have had this season. Did the club approach these players or just an idea on who the Prince would like to sign. Don't get me wrong, I don't think Wilder is all green. I think mistakes have been made at both ends.

Agreed. This why I am a little suspicious of him. Says that he's had 35 years in football, well, haven't we all but that doesn't make us chairman or managers. He mentioned several players that Wilder could have had this season. Did the club approach these players or just an idea on who the Prince would like to sign. Don't get me wrong, I don't think Wilder is all green. I think mistakes have been made at both ends.

There definitely have been mistakes on both sides and they should both admit they were to blame for this disaster of a season. The Prince is still here and what he does now will tell us a lot more about the guy. Wilder has left, what I don't want to hear from the board and the Prince is apportioning more blame on Wilder, any decisions, signings were signed off by the board so accept the responsibility.
This we could have signed "A" "B" "C", is bizarre, we could have made an offer for Messi, a least include some figures in the claim to see if it was ever a runner. The juries still out on the Prince for me, let's wait an see what he delivers.

I think we are about to find out if we have the real deal owner or a ten bob millionnaire on a personal vanity project. I agree with you the blame should be 50/50 but the time for that should be soon coming to an end. We need to wipe the slate clean and move forwards.

He won't be the first footballer to be verbally abused by opposition fans or the last, it's gone on as long as I can remember. It's not right but it happens, they have to bite the bullet and walkaway, in today's society with all the portable media available, people will incite get a reaction, film it slap it on social media asp. He's not the sharpest knife in the box but somebody needs to give head a shake quickly.

He won't be the first footballer to be verbally abused by opposition fans or the last, it's gone on as long as I can remember. It's not right but it happens, they have to bite the bullet and walkaway, in today's society with all the portable media available, people will incite get a reaction, film it slap it on social media asp. He's not the sharpest knife in the box but somebody needs to give head a shake quickly.
I'd walk away but then I'm not that brave but that lad deserved it.

I'd walk away but then I'm not that brave but that lad deserved it.

Unfortunately if McBurnie is the 24yr old arrested in Knaresborough. and charged he will be the one who will be facing charges. It probably won't help his case having just faced a drink driving offence. These people are setting him up to fail and he does.