McBurnie | Vital Football

McBurnie

Seems to me like he was being harassed and provoked.

In which case, I don't even blame him.

The shit they must put up with now with phones must be infuriating.

Shame he managed to not break the camera but at least he got his UFC moves in :ROFLMAO:

I don't think he was on his own there btw - somebody else seems responsible for the phone ending up on the floor, before McBurnie strikes it with more power than he's ever hit a football with - unfortunately, this was still not enough to break it.

Easy out of court settlement here I think.

IF it is him, he’s a well known figure, and known to be wealthy. He should never allow himself to fall into that sort of situation.
Provoked or not, it is not the way I want any player from “my” team to behave.

Last edited:
Saw this last night on S2. Some wanted him tarred and feathered.

I think we need to pump the breaks before jumping to conclusions and establish (a) whether it is McBurnie and (b) the context of what happened.

It's serious stuff because it's an assault and criminal damage caught on camera.

Easy out of court settlement here I think.
That would apply more to any civil action. Now the videos is out there Plod may judge it's in the public interest to bring criminal charges.

Last edited:
He doesn't even seem to weigh into the guy heavily tbh.

It would be a shame if anything serious was made of this.

I'd be very surprised if the context wasn't that he'd been harassed, provoked and followed. The start of the video and then some of the dialogue indicates as much.

Sheffield United have released a statement following claims Oli McBurnie has been involved in a street altercation.

A video has emerged online, with the poster claiming one of the people involved in the incident is the Blades striker.
The club has now launched an investigation, saying it is aware of the footage.

In a statement, it said: "Officials at Sheffield United are aware of the video circulating on social media and are currently investigating."

After the Mousett incident and this second incident by McBurnie, Wilder's claim of checking our targeted players personalities sounds a bit hollow. Just what the club needs at the moment.

What? Are we all supposed to shocked and horrified that a young man who is being taunted has ended up in a bit of handbags with a group of do-nowts. There are bigger fish to fry. Move on...

Important to remember that Wilder's a chav himself so he probably never saw fellow (younger) chavs as being any sort of problem.

Wilder and the recruitment team certainly identified players without egos and problems in our rise through the leagues, if they were any they never reached the national press. Our problems seem to have reared it's head in the top tier. Clearly our recruitment team's not savvy in spotting problems with high priced footballers. It's certainly troubling that our owner hasn't addressed this area before now, he may deny the DOF model but he has indicated the board have suggested players and wants more input by the board on player recruitment. Spot the difference mmmm

Strikes me our crap striker #1 has issues. Our younger crap striker #2 does also. The former appears to be somewhat anti social and has a touch of the "Madines". The latter has a huge dose of the "self entitled".
Get both the f u ck out of our club. Thanks Wilder!

Kevin you got it spot on with McBurnie , prince has got a lot to learn yet signed off on these deals back to Football Manager maybe.

Kevin you got it spot on with McBurnie , prince has got a lot to learn yet signed off on these deals back to Football Manager maybe.

By that logic the Prince, or any other owner for that matter, can't win. Block transfers and he's over stepping the mark by intefering in the manager's squad building, sign a player who doesn't work out and he's clueless.

The buck stops with Wilder, McBurnie was the player he wanted, claiming he'd become a fan favourite. McBurnie's failure is Wilder's failure.

As for McCabe, he was a miser. If it wasn't for the Prince securing the loan to bring in Dowell, Hogan and Madine we wouldn't have been promoted to the PL.

I think the blame can be attributed to both, the Prince has already said Wilder should supply five names regarding any transfer target how many did he supply with McBurnies name, I certainly don't know and neither do you. Our recruitment is based on fans favourites no wonder our recruitment is dire. You are defending the Prince but slagging the KM, have you an agenda. I was not a stance supporter of KM but I'm not oblivious to the Princes shortcomings, what transpires from now is all that matters regarding the Owner and board. Be interested in the Dowell, Hogan and Madine claim have you a link?

You are defending the Prince but slagging the KM, have you an agenda.

Yes, you've busted me. 100 Swiss Francs are paid into my bank account for every pro Prince post I make on Vital that's read by half a dozen or so people.

You're not making any sense. The Prince backed Wilder to an extent no owner has backed a manager at United post war. We've spent well over 100 million on players Wilder wanted. Wilder was happy with his lot, so happy he even claimed to have enjoyed the best transfer window of his career.

Yes, you've busted me. 100 Swiss Francs are paid into my bank account for every pro Prince post I make on Vital that's read by half a dozen or so people.

You're not making any sense. The Prince backed Wilder to an extent no owner has backed a manager at United post war. We've spent well over 100 million on players Wilder wanted. Wilder was happy with his lot, so happy he even claimed to have enjoyed the best transfer window of his career.

Absolutely spot on. The tiny brained f u c k tards on here that defend him are like him. Full of s h i t. All mouth and nothing behind it.

Have found that information on Dowell, Hogan and Madine yet.

how on gods earth can anyone blame the prince on signing off on wilders due diligence on players. it was all down to wilder like he demanded . or the toys came out of the pram. wilder wanted these players ,the players were signed the players turned out shit ,its wilders fault simple as that.

how on gods earth can anyone blame the prince on signing off on wilders due diligence on players. it was all down to wilder like he demanded . or the toys came out of the pram. wilder wanted these players ,the players were signed the players turned out shit ,its wilders fault simple as that.

Still drink with Chris twirlo?