Maybe | Page 2 | Vital Football

Maybe

Vouchers for comfort breaks in soon to be issued season ticket books. One five minute slot per game free but must be pre booked. Vouchers will be colour coded to indicate gender preference.

And you can hand back your voucher unused and receive a discount on something useful.
Those with a robust bladder should be rewarded.

Don't give a f*** about social distancing or where I sit, just as long as I can have a piss every time I need it (probably up to 4/5 times a game, excluding half time). I do like a drink and my prostrate and bladder are both f****** :cry:

Just read another report suggesting no half time toilet use, which sounds ridiculous. It will be interesting to see what the actual protocols and rules are. In isolation it sounds a bit of an alcohol free beer experienece but for one thing: the utter crapness of the current televised offering. Literally any live football will seem exciting by comparison.

If they close the toilets throughout the game, then you'll likely find long lines of blokes p*ssing up against the brick walls of Linden Road or Gordon Road, and upset residents furiously hammering the club's switchboard.

And beer isn't the only diuretic on offer in the ground or factory. Coffee? Pepsi/Coke? Water?

Even alcohol free beers like 'Peroni Libre/Libera' or Heineken 0.0 can unsteady the bladder after two/three bottles (probably the articificial sweeteners)

I do agree though, anything is better than the seeing empty grounds with cardboard-cutout 'season ticket holders' of fans in clean-pressed, Sports Direct shirts and 'piped' atmospheric acoustics played at kick-off. Enduring this kind of scenario at Priestfield doesn't bear thinking about.

I've a nagging feeling the Town End might come back to bite us because I can't see it being worthwhile/practical to open it. That would reduce capacity by another 500 to 600. I presume singing and shouting will also be discouraged. By the time we get to September I will probably be prepared to enter a sealed box to watch a game however.

People have just got to get used to the new normal.
Mrs Shotshy is at the end of her third week after reopening and I must say it’s gone very well.
The customers have been sensible with one or two exceptions.
The takings have been very good fortunately.
It seems accepted that there is a new way of doing things.
Football will adapt.
Hopefully head teachers will also figure it out.

Mrs Shotshy is at the end of her third week after reopening and I must say it’s gone very well.
Football will adapt.

Head teachers have worked it out shotshy and the shameless attempt by government to distract from their own dithering and incompetence has run into the sand. I agree with the rest of your post.

Football will adapt.
The problem for schools is that you literally have hundreds of kids milling around when moving from one lesson to another. In secondary school they can't stay in the same room as subject choices vary. Can't stagger the lessons as you can't stagger the teachers' lessons/movements.

It just can't be done like, say, in a production line in a factory. A good friend of my missus who is a Primary deputy head says it's a nightmare even with the reduced numbers.

I wouldn't have baulked at going in to teach (a load of my mates have gone in - din't know of any who refused) but it is virtually impossible to keep it "safe" according to present guidelines.

I retired just in time. :-)

LOL first world problems. Although much of the third world had bogs more advanced than the old Rainham end.
Yes. Truly dreadful. Iirc, the one at the corner of Redfern Ave and the RE had no roof when I was a kid and I believe I remember it raining on me whilst I was pissing.

My other fond memories are of the burning hot pisswater tea and grossly over boiled hot dogs made of god knows what disgusting mush, with similarly overboiled onions and so called tomato sauce that was like red acid.

Food is like Michelin 5 Star now compared to that. Mind you, our lifestyle seems to have made us immune to many of the allergies that appear to be rife amongst younger people now.

Yes. Truly dreadful. Iirc, the one at the corner of Redfern Ave and the RE had no roof when I was a kid and I believe I remember it raining on me whilst I was pissing.

My other fond memories are of the burning hot pisswater tea and grossly over boiled hot dogs made of god knows what disgusting mush, with similarly overboiled onions and so called tomato sauce that was like red acid.

Food is like Michelin 5 Star now compared to that. Mind you, our lifestyle seems to have made us immune to many of the allergies that appear to be rife amongst younger people now.
That tea 😱
The old dear put down 20 or 30 plastic cups and did it all in one sweep.
Also concealed sugar in one huge blob.
I saw a guy put in three sugars, then lick the spoon, then put it back in the sugar.
No one batted an eyelid 😂

That tea 😱
The old dear put down 20 or 30 plastic cups and did it all in one sweep.
Also concealed sugar in one huge blob.
I saw a guy put in three sugars, then lick the spoon, then put it back in the sugar.
No one batted an eyelid 😂
People actually complained when Scally binned those old dears on his arrival. They were shocking.

That tea was the equivalent of slops in the pub. Too weak to taste really bad though.

People actually complained when Scally binned those old dears on his arrival. They were shocking.

That tea was the equivalent of slops in the pub. Too weak to taste really bad though.
And I seem to remember it was a funny orange colour and hotter than the sun 😡

Yes. Unbelievably hot. Somehow it seemed above 100 degrees centigrade. Don't know how they did it. They were like MacBeth's witches brewing it in a cauldron.