Maxwell and Virtue Back | Vital Football

Maxwell and Virtue Back

SaskPool

Vital Football Legend
Neil Critchley has confirmed both Chris Maxwell and Matty Virtue are back involved with the squad after recovering from Coronavirus.

The pair have missed the past two matches at Shrewsbury Town and Bristol Rovers, but are now back and avaliable for selection for this weekend's Emirates FA Cup tie with West Brom.

"Both of them have recovered and are avaliable this weekend," Critchley said.

"We're pleased to have them both back and that they're both fit and well. To have them both available this weekend gives us a real boost."

The Head Coach has also confirmed that Sam Walker has now returned to Reading, after joining the Seasiders on an emergancy loan to cover for Maxwell.

"Sam's gone back to Reading and we're thankful for his efforts whilst here," Critchley said.

"He made a big contribution and I thought he was excellent in both of the matches he played for us. He's a really good guy and a good professional and we wish him nothing but the best."

thought Maxie had his best game before his illness. Walker is that big keeper I like and gets down well, he's not great with his feet and when he saves he pushes it into the danger area rather than down the by line or out of play. He doesn't come off his line to command the box from crosses from what I saw