Max Melbourne | Vital Football

Max Melbourne

JT_LCFC

Vital Football Hero
Think this lad needs a thread on his own tonight. All the pressure of stepping into Toffs shoes, and starting his first league game for us since initially coming in on loan in August.

I thought he was superb, defended well, tried to get forward at times and played the simple pass. I have a feeling once he plays more games and up to match fitness we could have a worthy talent on our hands.

MA reckoned he was at 40% today!

Agree, though, I thought he did well. Seemed like he held back a little and tried to keep his game nice and simple. Rush of blood once, which got him his booking but aside from that.

Thought he did an excellent job today under a lot of pressure from people comparing his performance to HT.

Thought the booking was just a case of getting the wrong side so fouled the chap and took one for the team to make sure it didn’t break into a serious chance. The game was pretty timid so chances of a second was limited.

Great effort.

Melbourne was very good today. His best bit of play to me was in the first half when Shack made a bit of a mess of a pass putting himself well out of position. Max reverted to an immediate cover position and quelled the threat

Max showed positional naivety at times, something his predecessor showed in the early part of last season.

Getting that right takes time, experience and common sense but a highly promising start in which he looked capable and confident.

He played very well, tough tackler for sure. He's one that will pick up a few bookings. He's got a good throw on him, which could be useful. Gets up well for headers. I'd like to see him support a bit more, but all in all looks very promising!

Looked superb yesterday. Long may it continue. And we could actually have a player worth a lot more than Toffolo...

Max showed positional naivety at times, something his predecessor showed in the early part of last season.

Getting that right takes time, experience and common sense but a highly promising start in which he looked capable and confident.
Both Max & Edun looked comfortable with the ball at their feet but I agree that both got caught out at times with their their positioning. The talent is there to be seen and I'm looking forward to watching these young players fulfill their potential.