Max Ehmer. | Vital Football

Max Ehmer.

CarerKate

Vital Reserves Team
Is suspended on Saturday due to too many yellow cards so Gimmer tells me. Just when you thought it could not get any worse.

He’s too slow as a centre back, imagine him down the wings! Can’t do a worse job than Akinde up top though.

That 2nd goal on Tuesday night, Ehmer suddenly looked rather overweight and slow as he tried to run back (from being out of position).
For the First goal I’m not sure why he went to ground in trying to clear the corner, but it took an unfortunate ricochet off Jackson and Long nipped in to take advantage.
Goal 1:
Goal 2:
I think it is fair to say that Tuesday was a very average performance by Ehmer if Bennett is available on Saturday and puts in a decent performance I can see Ehmer losing his place

I think it is fair to say that Tuesday was a very average performance by Ehmer if Bennett is available on Saturday and puts in a decent performance I can see Ehmer losing his place
Ehmer is not the player he was previously.

On the games I have seen Bennett has been more impressive. That is not a scapegoat it is a simple matter of opinion. I always liked Max and sincerely hope he recovers his form.Perhaps a two week break is what he needed.

Gimmer sends his apologies for giving out wrong info - he must have got the yellow card count wrong (probably due to his age). As a punishment I have hidden his bottles of Double Diamond.

I'm pretty sure Peter Lloyd on the prior match commentary said he thought Ehmer was banned but the other wasn't sure. I think one of his cards was in a cup match which may or may not count in the tally for the league.

I'm pretty sure Peter Lloyd on the prior match commentary said he thought Ehmer was banned but the other wasn't sure. I think one of his cards was in a cup match which may or may not count in the tally for the league.
The rules have changed for suspensions now.
I know another Gills fan who was convinced Ehmer would be suspended for the Cheltenham match, last Tuesday, but he wasn't, and I think he was booked in that match as well, but still apparently not suspended for today.
He has 1 yellow card in FA Cup, 1 yellow in Carabo Cup, and 4 yellows in the league, so I assume he needs 5 yellows in the league before being banned from a league game.

However there’s a cut off of 19 league games for the 5 yellow card one game ban to be enforced, and Gills’ match with Portsmouth was the 20th league game of the season.

Last edited: