Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Enrique

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Benitez

Votes: 8 18.6%
  • Other

Votes: 8 18.6%

• Total voters
I don't have any issues with the academy guys getting some game time but they have to be good enough.

I do think we over hype our younger guys.

With the squad being thinned out and will probably become even thinner, I suppose we don't have a choice but to promote from within.

lol - the only comfort I have is that Trips, Llorente, Nkoudou etc weren't good enough either and cost a damn sight more in salaries.

Well he is the second highest paid manager in the league,so lets see if he is as good as people keep saying he is.

6th season in charge and we still wait for a trophy. Just thought Levy is the highest paid chairman as well. Figures.

He makes me cringe and feckin angry when I read interviews with these remarks:
-----------------Sky report----
Asked whether he might experiment against Newcastle before the North London derby against Arsenal next Sunday, Pochettino replied: "Experiment? I am not a scientist. I am not a chemist. You are talking about experimenting. That is in some room outside of this training room.

"We are coaches and we do our job, we don't experiment. We train people that have the ability to play football. Then that's it.

"Please don't compare us with doctors or people in university studying a lot. I have a lot of respect for the people who do what you say, experiment, to help life, but for us to find solutions, only I am a football coach, far away from the people who work in science or at university. I have full respect for them."

------------

Not putting that lack of media rapport down to a language barrier. This is basic football talk and questions. He knows full well what the term 'experiment' means.

Asked whether he might experiment against Newcastle before the North London derby against Arsenal next Sunday, Pochettino replied: "Experiment? I am not a scientist. I am not a chemist. You are talking about experimenting. That is in some room outside of this training room.

"We are coaches and we do our job, we don't experiment. We train people that have the ability to play football. Then that's it.

"Please don't compare us with doctors or people in university studying a lot. I have a lot of respect for the people who do what you say, experiment, to help life, but for us to find solutions, only I am a football coach, far away from the people who work in science or at university. I have full respect for them."

------------

Not putting that lack of media rapport down to a language barrier. This is basic football talk and questions. He knows full well what the term 'experiment' means.
I thought it was a strange answer and awkward. If he was saying ....I would never experiment in a match , that work is done on the training field....that would be understandable. Implying he would never field a player to see if he was ready. I don't think he meant that though, he was taking the literal meaning too far.

I thought it was a strange answer and awkward. If he was saying ....I would never experiment in a match , that work is done on the training field....that would be understandable. Implying he would never field a player to see if he was ready. I don't think he meant that though, he was taking the literal meaning too far.

At times he doesn't quite warm himself to the media with responses like that. I bet the room went very quiet and there were no more questions after that.

------------

que1.jpg

You can make a good case for Poch being disingenuous when it suits him; his comments about not being involved in transfers implied he doesn't choose who we buy and sell, which is clear from his other utterances is a plain old lie.

I get not wanting to answer constant question from the media about transfers, but he needs to show some finesse now in his answers to the press - there's no margin in being tetchy with the press everytime they ask a testing question - that's their job.

God help him if we go through a poor season or a poor start, as they'll feed on him like a pack of Wolves now.

His press conferences leave me cold now, I'm truly fed up with his lack of understanding and his deliberately being obtuse.

Last edited:
As others have said - he's being disingenuous.

He knew what they meant. He decided to focus on one word and give a dramatic overreaction to it to avoid the question.

Feel he needs to be media trained again. It's getting a bit tiring.

Agree, but have no sympathy for the press either. We should never accept them the way they are today and keep pushing back. When they just get on with reporting news and not working their own biases and agendas, I'll probably be a lot tougher on guys like Poch who give it back. I would be no different. They can't be trusted.

What would Poch experiment with V Newcastle anyway ? KWP is no longer an experiment, Ndombele and Lo Celso are not in the picture, if Skipp plays it's out of necessity.

Being a scientist and an analyst, Poch's experiment, at a guess, will be how to accommodate returnees Dier, Davies and Sonny. We have essentially been 'forced' experimenting over the last two games, but now he has a selection dilemma and Derby to prepare for.

May be we should start a Poch's media interviews & quotes thread with a google translate button.

In fact, come to think of it, it's some of the modern coaches and technology that has made , what was a simple, game in to a science! Poch is very much guilty of that. Pheeelosofee...

Bring back Harry Redknapp with arm around their shoulders, run around a lot and express yourself!

Last edited:
In fact, come to think of it, it's some of the modern coaches and technology that has made , what was a simple, game in to a science! Poch is very much guilty of that. Pheeelosofee...

Bring back Harry Redknapp with arm around their shoulders, run around a lot and express yourself!
Apparently, his favoured chemical is citric acid!

In fact, come to think of it, it's some of the modern coaches and technology that had made , what was a simple, game in to a science! Poch is very much guilty of that. Pheeelosofee...

Yes, it was interesting to see that ‘professional’ tactical analysis that EX posted of the City game...it was talking about players moving in and out of the opposition lines, seeing all sorts of tactical ploys whereas us, the fans, in the main, just perceived a mess...is it a case of the King’s new clothes or people just analysing what players did naturally and attributing it to tactics?

One thing in that tactical analysis stood out which was the role of Winks and his role in shutting down City’s option for attacks..
but the stars showed he made zero tackles and zero interceptions....must be the ultimate in Zen football.

Exact
Yes, it was interesting to see that ‘professional’ tactical analysis that EX posted of the City game...it was talking about players moving in and out of the opposition lines, seeing all sorts of tactical ploys whereas us, the fans, in the main, just perceived a mess...is it a case of the King’s new clothes or people just analysing what players did naturally and attributing it to tactics?

One thing in that tactical analysis stood out which was the role of Winks and his role in shutting down City’s option for attacks..
but the stars showed he made zero tackles and zero interceptions....must be the ultimate in Zen football.
Exactly which is why I called for more considered comments during the game if anyone was able to do it !! as opposed to saying we are shite.