Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Enrique

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Benitez

Votes: 8 18.6%
  • Other

Votes: 8 18.6%

• Total voters
Not quite at the level of a life time contract lads. He still needs to win us a trophy.

If he wins us the CL then I'm with you.

So many things can still happen yet this season. We could still end up with no trophy, and no CL so lets keep a calm head for the next month. :thumbup:

Poch has a hell of a job on his hands. Our team is getting older and injury prone. We have done amazing again this season but it's almost like Poch has squeezed every last drop out of what he has.

Toby and Eriksen could be gone. Tripps isn't good enough, Vert has only a few years left, Danny is 28 and injury prone, Davies is not good enough, Victor could be finished, Sissoko is 29, Winks struggling with injuries, Llorente a grandad, Hugo getting on and perhaps not what he was, no decent number 2 for him. Dier has dropped off performance wise.

As RD said, we need a rebuild and that often involves a drop in performance for maybe a season or two.

I think the question is no longer about "if", it's about "when" with the significantly increased cashflow i.e. floodgates. If x% of our revenues are tagged as stadium for the next y years then there will be an increasing trickle of funding that can become a deluge in the future as the stadium debt clears. Doesn't answer the "when" though.

Our first indicator though is not that long away now and that's this transfer window.

I've been talking about/showing the impact the new stadium would have on our finances here for years - it will be transformative.

But in the short term (next 2-3) years, I expect us to remain in line with our budget planning, so the increase in nett spend over this period is I believe unlikely to be huge.

Re-investment of sales proceeds will happen though; it's a minimum requirement - I just hope we get it more right than wrong as we did with the Bale money.

Poch has a hell of a job on his hands. Our team is getting older and injury prone. We have done amazing again this season but it's almost like Poch has squeezed every last drop out of what he has.

Toby and Eriksen could be gone. Tripps isn't good enough, Vert has only a few years left, Danny is 28 and injury prone, Davies is not good enough, Victor could be finished, Sissoko is 29, Winks struggling with injuries, Llorente a grandad, Hugo getting on and perhaps not what he was, no decent number 2 for him. Dier has dropped off performance wise.

As RD said, we need a rebuild and that often involves a drop in performance for maybe a season or two.

Players 'peak' performance was 10-15 years ago thought to be 28/29: most top level coaches will now tell you they see no degradation until into the 30's in the majority of cases as diet, better psychological/physical treatment approaches have significantly improved.

The 'rebuild' can easily be done over the next 3-4 years, I see no reason to be overly concerned about it at all - most especially as our recent profitability, the new stadium and our consistency at the top level will now make the best in Europe have us on their 'possibles' list for where they'd want to play.

We have some huge advantages in this respect.

Not quite at the level of a life time contract lads. He still needs to win us a trophy.

So many things can still happen yet this season. We could still end up with no trophy, and no CL so lets keep a calm head for the next month. :thumbup:

I was being tongue in cheek but a couple weeks ago almost everyone on here wanted him gone so I decided to knee jerk the other way. I believed he'd more than earned the right to get us back on course.

Yes trophies are the ultimate measure of success but what we've just done in the CL is quite remarkable. Absolutely skin of our teeth but to progress against probably the best squad in the world with the injuries and issues we had shows there's pretty much none better at getting players to perform beyond their abilities.

Add to that the fact the we made no signings in the last two windows had me believing he was doing a Fergie before he left us in tatters. Hopefully a complete review of the future of our FOOTBALL club will be undertaken.

(I still have a niggly feeling about PSG come calling as they've gone in to a nose dive in performances since knocked out of the CL)

Quite, lets not forget he was sitting on his hands last night whilst we were under the kosh.

Win the CL and ill change my view haha

I don't think tactics were at play last night. lol That was us trying to go toe toe with the country's best team. Which on another day could have been a massive hammering. To be fair it's how I wanted us to play as sitting back wouldn't have worked with their pace and urgency.

The beauty of knockout football though anything can happen. Any win I will take, but some perspective is needed at times.

Add to that the fact the we made no signings in the last two windows had me believing he was doing a Fergie before he left us in tatters. Hopefully a complete review of the future of our FOOTBALL club will be undertaken.

(I still have a niggly feeling about PSG come calling as they've gone in to a nose dive in performances since knocked out of the CL)
Right now I honestly can't see many top coaches choosing to leave Spurs and the EPL for the procession that is the French league. I have zero doubt Mbappe and Neymar will engineer moves away soon enough. Perhaps I'm being naive and cash alone will talk. But its Madrid or United for Poch both will be back in rotation soon enough...

Poch also saying what one of the coaches said last week after the game "there is so much Fatigue in the squad"...

Too much emphasis on the stadium for my liking. Trying to deflect some of the heat away from our losses this year by not having a "home".

We'll give Poch one more year and it will be deja vu.

Sick of it.

Too much emphasis on the stadium for my liking. Trying to deflect some of the heat away from our losses this year by not having a "home".

We'll give Poch one more year and it will be deja vu.

Sick of it.

Like it or not, Wembley is a poor stadium with a complete lack of 'home ' atmosphere - it has had an effect.

Fresh legs, fresh approach after a summer off (I hope) and two or three quality additons and we'll be right bang back in it next season.