Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Enrique

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Benitez

Votes: 8 18.6%
  • Other

Votes: 8 18.6%

• Total voters
That was a good way to prevent any snide remarks I guess.

I welcome almost everything he says, though as always do not understand the cryptic comments.

Can someone give me a translation of the following:

"A new project means to start to talk in a different way and to operate in a different way."

The reason I ask is that I never understood the 'take risk and be brave' comment.... did we ever fulfil that?

I take that as now we can spend more money on better players. He has been operating with austerity and the future should see that gradually ease.

That was a good way to prevent any snide remarks I guess.

I welcome almost everything he says, though as always do not understand the cryptic comments.

Can someone give me a translation of the following:

"A new project means to start to talk in a different way and to operate in a different way."

The reason I ask is that I never understood the 'take risk and be brave' comment.... did we ever fulfil that?

I actually quite enjoy these thought provoking and deliberately ambiguous comments. All great leaders in all walks of life say them so every individual can get from them what they want.

I would understand him a lot more if he came out and said his ancestors were actually Native Americans, and his great , great grandfather was known as Talking Bollocks for some reason.

Well...time to start a new chapter at Spurs...now that United and RM are not options. Guess really no other choice but to stay with us. This is full on PR recovery time for MP.

Can anyone really say that he wouldn't be off to United or RM if they were still on the table once this nose dive of a finish to the PL season is over?

I read in another interview that he appears to have told Levy he has to spend like the big clubs if he wants to continue to challenge for honours....hmmmmm

I read in another interview that he appears to have told Levy he has to spend like the big clubs if he wants to continue to challenge for honours....hmmmmm

He said: “I was talking with Daniel after the Liverpool game and sometimes people compare us with Liverpool. (Virgil) Van Dijk was £75million 18 months ago. The keeper (Allison) was £70million.
“They had two midfielders on the bench who they spent more than £100m on in the summer.
“The people sometimes say an opinion of Tottenham is like Liverpool. In what? Yes, now we are going to be better than Liverpool because we have a better stadium and better training ground.

https://www.football365.com/news/pochettino-now-we-need-to-show-similar-ambition-to-liverpool

It really starting to sound like the purse strings will be loosen this summer providing we qualify for CL.
When the final touches were being made to stadium plans and finance, they could not have foreseen that we would have qualified for the CL 3 season on the bounce. So the club must financially be in a better position than they anticipated.

It really starting to sound like the purse strings will be loosen this summer providing we qualify for CL.
When the final touches were being made to stadium plans and finance, they could not have foreseen that we would have qualified for the CL 3 season on the bounce. So the club must financially be in a better position than they anticipated.

My confusion is always what is football finance and what is stadium finance knowing that the 2 things are mutually exclusive per our chairman. As an example, are all of the NFL revenues for the next 10 years and naming rights being tagged as "stadium revenue" and go towards paying for the stadium? Are the match day and TV revenues being tagged as "football" revenues and recycle back into salaries and transfer fees? Where does that leave our increased sponsor revenues? "Football" or "Stadium"? Same think with expenses. Was the rent of Wembley tagged as a "Stadium" expense or factored into the running cost on the football side. This is why Levy making stupid comments that the stadium and football

What I would expect is that CL revenues are counted as "upside". Levy doesn't count on them looking forward as they aren't guaranteed beyond what is immediately visible, even beyond the league stage. Even then Ex has mentioned that some of the increased income go to players as bonuses which makes sense.

£30m net spending in 5 years is mostly measurable with a few "undisclosed" deals thrown in. This summer, I'm expecting all the transfer fees for outgoing players to be recycled into transfer kitty. Above that, I think there'll be net spending but wouldn't count on any more than £30- 50m like we saw when we bought Sanchez.

I don't see floodgates though.

I think I'm a little more optimistic than your good self muttley, I have to believe they will want to make statement.

Had balls of steel last night, the decision to replace Sissoko with Llorente was not universally welcomed here last night - in fact, we thought he'd lost the plot.

He deserves every accolade he gets for last night now and better still it's great to see in the last few weeks all his cryptic, almost cynical interviews and double meanings have stopped.

Well done Poch, you deserve the adoration; well at least until Saturday!

Last edited:
My confusion is always what is football finance and what is stadium finance knowing that the 2 things are mutually exclusive per our chairman. As an example, are all of the NFL revenues for the next 10 years and naming rights being tagged as "stadium revenue" and go towards paying for the stadium? Are the match day and TV revenues being tagged as "football" revenues and recycle back into salaries and transfer fees? Where does that leave our increased sponsor revenues? "Football" or "Stadium"? Same think with expenses. Was the rent of Wembley tagged as a "Stadium" expense or factored into the running cost on the football side. This is why Levy making stupid comments that the stadium and football

What I would expect is that CL revenues are counted as "upside". Levy doesn't count on them looking forward as they aren't guaranteed beyond what is immediately visible, even beyond the league stage. Even then Ex has mentioned that some of the increased income go to players as bonuses which makes sense.

£30m net spending in 5 years is mostly measurable with a few "undisclosed" deals thrown in. This summer, I'm expecting all the transfer fees for outgoing players to be recycled into transfer kitty. Above that, I think there'll be net spending but wouldn't count on any more than £30- 50m like we saw when we bought Sanchez.

I don't see floodgates though.

It depends on your definition of 'floodgates' and how you personally quantify it as a whole net sum?

Personally, as I've argued here many times, all of what we've done/had to do made/makes perfect sense to me - probably as first and foremost I know the incredible disciplined financial management that has gone into getting the Academy/training ground and the Stadium delivered within the financial restrictions Levy was forced to work within.

I believe I know that Poch wants what he believes to be 'ready' players and no more than 2-3 per season and next season players; perhaps 1-2 per season. making no more than 3-5 additions (max) per season.

Given that our results now show that we can be more competitive with wage settlements (and the ending of the dodgy marketing rights stuff in Europe has helped).

We're in great shape to compete.

Last edited:
It depends on your definition of 'floodgates' and how you personally quantify it as a whole net sum?

Personally, as I've argued here many times, all of what we've done/had to do made/makes perfect sense to me - probably as first and foremost I know the incredible disciplined financial management that has gone into getting the Academy/training ground and the Stadium delivered within the financial restrictions Levy was forced to work within.

I believe I know that Poch wants what he believes to be 'ready' players and no more than 2-3 per season and next season players; perhaps 1-2 per season. making no more than 3-5 additions (max) per season.

Given that our results now show that we can be more competitive with wage settlements (and the ending of the dodgy marking rights stuff in Europe has helped).

We're in great shape to compete.

I think the question is no longer about "if", it's about "when" with the significantly increased cashflow i.e. floodgates. If x% of our revenues are tagged as stadium for the next y years then there will be an increasing trickle of funding that can become a deluge in the future as the stadium debt clears. Doesn't answer the "when" though.

Our first indicator though is not that long away now and that's this transfer window.