Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Enrique

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Benitez

Votes: 8 18.6%
  • Other

Votes: 8 18.6%

• Total voters
Let me get this straight, you think that a manager who has just signed a 5 year contract worth over 40 million, has not won anything and has not received a single job offer - is negotiating with Daniel freaking Levy and keeping the club guessing, whilst destabilizing our club and jeopardizing our top 4 finish?

Not buying it.

He should now shut up and roll his sleeves if he wants to stay, which I suspect isn't the case.

For the first time in his managerial career he has real pressure on him, I dont think he can hack it.

Such venom in these posts.I'm glad I don't have friends that stab me in the back because I want the best out of life. Perhaps you'll only be happy when we're back with a different manager every year ,10th in the league & winning the FA cup when there's 1 at the end of the year.Count me out on that scenario.I'm agree with all the football experts -Poch is the best manager we've had since Bill Nicholson. But you guys love to hate, so you won't agree.

Such venom in these posts.I'm glad I don't have friends that stab me in the back because I want the best out of life. Perhaps you'll only be happy when we're back with a different manager every year ,10th in the league & winning the FA cup when there's 1 at the end of the year.Count me out on that scenario.I'm agree with all the football experts -Poch is the best manager we've had since Bill Nicholson. But you guys love to hate, so you won't agree.

Why would getting a new manager lead to being 10th in the league?

Not sure why you raise friendship, this is a business, but going along with your train of thought I think you are confused as tho whom stabbed whom in the back.

There is a difference between negotiating a departure with the club at the end of the season and issuing a come and get me plea all through the season.

Poch is soon approaching Jose level.

For this to come out....again...just before a critical game for us says it all about Poch...he can’t help himself....if we get crushed today he can go the way of AVB for me....if we win, he should shut up until the end of the season and concentrate on demonstrating to us why he is worth keeping.

Such venom in these posts.I'm glad I don't have friends that stab me in the back because I want the best out of life. Perhaps you'll only be happy when we're back with a different manager every year ,10th in the league & winning the FA cup when there's 1 at the end of the year.Count me out on that scenario.I'm agree with all the football experts -Poch is the best manager we've had since Bill Nicholson. But you guys love to hate, so you won't agree.[

Since Bill Nick Burkinshaw is the best manager we have had by a long stretch

Let me get this straight, you think that a manager who has just signed a 5 year contract worth over 40 million, has not won anything and has not received a single job offer - is negotiating with Daniel freaking Levy and keeping the club guessing, whilst destabilizing our club and jeopardizing our top 4 finish?

Not buying it.

He should now shut up and roll his sleeves if he wants to stay, which I suspect isn't the case.

Levy will set targets for next season, primarily top 4 I guess and Poch is within his rights to demand players, so yes some negotiation should occur on what we need and how much Levy stumps up. Levy is holding Poch to account on performance and Poch should reciprocate.

10 defeats now, one defeat in every 3 games in the PL, pathetic.

Poch has taken us backwards at a rate of knots this season, good teams don't lose 10 out of 31.

Liverpool lost 1
City lost 4
Utd lost 6
Arse lost 6
Chavs lost 7

So how many will we end up losing this season ?

I'm a massive fan of Poch, but I think it is important to be critical when necessary. He's shown naivety in thinking that all of the off-field drama wouldn't trickle down into the squad. You cannot preach 'you must be 100% behind the project' but pick and choose when it is relevant.

I'm not saying it has been the only issue this season, but it has been an issue.

It’s been a massive issue, and we’re reaping what we’ve sown once again at the pointy end of the season when strong positive character is what’s needed.

Mature, intelligent and an empowerer is not Poch. Loris is not world class, Eriksen is only as good as his last game. If Poch were half the leader many of us think he is, he’d know how to get the best of of our players.

Levy’s lap dog, nothing more. We’re kidding ourselves if we think we’ll do any better than falling at the post every year, whilst we have Poch.

Time for big changes, which will not happen.

What good is this beautiful stadium without heart, without pride and self belief.

Seriously, many don’t get it. The role of a coach is 90% mental preparation. You can be as fit as fuck, but if you’re carrying around an attitude like Hugo, Rose and Eriksen, it impregnates the entire team. We see the consequences every week.

Pointless having players like Eriksen, who are of week character, when we don’t have a coach to empower them, to get in their heads.

If each player had 10% of the passion that us VS posters and long term supporters have, then that alone would be a wonderful foundation. Money and contracts for money have well and truely stuffed any system we thought we had, because we don’t have the appropriate personnel to help players deal with these distractions.

Not won a league game since Feb 10th.

Yep full on death spiral...the bottle job to end all bottle jobs...until next season.

Just when you think we can finally tell all the naysayers to go naff off...nope...shit we still bottle like no other.

As per SkySports today.......

Mauricio Pochettino ready to begin new Tottenham chapter
By Michael Kelleher
Last Updated: 02/04/19 3:23pm

Mauricio Pochettino believes it is time for Tottenham to begin a new chapter and 'operate in a different way' after finally moving into their new stadium.

Mauricio Pochettino hopes Tottenham's new stadium will put the club in a position to win 'big things'

Mauricio Pochettino believes it is time for Tottenham to begin a new chapter and "operate in a different way" after finally moving into their new stadium.

After a drawn-out construction process, Spurs will play their first match at Tottenham Hotspur Stadium when they host Crystal Palace on Wednesday night.

Pochettino sees it as a pivotal moment in the club's 136-year history.

"I think it is going to be very special," Pochettino said. "The new stadium is a reality. It's an exciting moment in the history of the club. Everyone is going to realise the magnitude of the project.

"It is amazing, an exciting moment and a special moment for (chairman) Daniel Levy. He started the idea and delivered the project."

Tottenham will be looking to bounce back on Wednesday from their disappointing defeat to Liverpool last weekend, when with the game tied at 1-1, they spurned a number of opportunities to score, and eventually lost through Toby Alderweireld's last-gasp own goal, which came after an error from captain Hugo Lloris.

Pochettino: Lloris is my captain

Mauricio Pochettino insists Tottenham goalkeeper remains 'one of the best goalkeepers in the world' despite his costly error against Liverpool.

That result allowed Arsenal to leapfrog Spurs into third place by beating Newcastle on Monday night.

Spurs are now level on points with Manchester United, though they boast a superior goal difference, and just one point ahead of Chelsea.

All four teams have their sights set on a lucrative spot in the top four, but Pochettino believes the fact Spurs play five of their final seven games at their new stadium could prove to be a decisive advantage.

"Of course the best stadium in the world should have the Champions League. It would be a shame to not be in the next Champions League," Pochettino said.

"This type of project is a project to be one of the best clubs in the world but of course you need time.

"Of course we are going to fight. We are in the top four. We are disappointed in the last result but against Liverpool we deserved more. I thought we played really well. In the second half we felt good. If we play like that I don't doubt we are going to be in the top four.

"It is in our hands. It is a mini-league - seven games with five in our new stadium. That will be a big boost for our players and for our fans. It is up to us to achieve that."

If Spurs do finish in the top four, they will qualify for the Champions League for a fourth consecutive season under Pochettino.

The Argentine has put them in a position to do so again this season despite not signing a player over the past two windows, as Spurs have been forced to limit spending due to the cost of building their new stadium.

Poch: New stadium is world’s best
Mauricio Pochettino says Tottenham's new stadium has been an amazing project and will be a boost for the club’s fans and players

Pochettino made it clear he hopes to receive the backing he needs this summer to turn Spurs into true contenders for the Premier League and the Champions League, now that the club have finally realised their dream of moving into Tottenham Hotspur Stadium.

"It is so important for the club to have another chapter, to close this chapter and start a new project," Pochettino said.

"A new project means to start to talk in a different way and to operate in a different way.

"I think everyone helped to achieve what we wanted to achieve in the end, being very competitive and very aggressive in the way that we play.

"I think we understand what the club needs from us. This stadium is here so you can fight every season in the Champions League, every season being real contenders and every season fighting for big things.
"This is my idea. After we will see if we can deliver it but that is what this club deserves."

I agree with Poch, this should be the starting point of the next step, to seriously challenge the big clubs both at home and Europe. The stadium can be the catalyst.

I'm sure some people will find fault in everything he said in that interview as always :-)

That was a good way to prevent any snide remarks I guess.

I welcome almost everything he says, though as always do not understand the cryptic comments.

Can someone give me a translation of the following:

"A new project means to start to talk in a different way and to operate in a different way."

The reason I ask is that I never understood the 'take risk and be brave' comment.... did we ever fulfil that?