Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Enrique

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Benitez

Votes: 8 18.6%
  • Other

Votes: 8 18.6%

• Total voters
Tottenham boss Mauricio Pochettino admits anything could happen in football as he is linked with Zinedine Zidane's job at Real Madrid

By Ben Nagle for MailOnline

PUBLISHED: 09:47 EST, 16 January 2018 | UPDATED: 10:12 EST, 16 January 2018

Tottenham boss Mauricio Pochettino has refused to rule out a move to Real Madrid in the future, admitting that anything can happen in the world of football.

Spurs have improved immeasurably under the former Espanyol manager, turning themselves into a top four side capable of challenging at the very top of the league.

Real Madrid, meanwhile, are struggling under the stewardship of Zinedine Zidane, and Pochettino has been linked with a move to the Bernabeu.

While he insists he is currently focusing on the present, he does admit he may not be with Tottenham forever.

'Football will bring me to where football wants me to be,' Pochettino told Onda Cero.

'Jorge Grifa [former Argentina international footballer] told me to focus on the present, to maintain your professionalism and let things happen, and he was like a second father to me.

Pochettino has previously managed in La Liga and admits anything could happen in the future +4
Pochettino has previously managed in La Liga and admits anything could happen in the future

Dele Alli scored against Real Madrid earlier this season as Spurs recorded a win and a draw +4
Dele Alli scored against Real Madrid earlier this season as Spurs recorded a win and a draw

'In football you always have to endure highs and lows whether you are managing in England or in Spain, so it is normal for me to go through this.'

Pochettino is no stranger to La Liga football, having previously managed Espanyol - even taking points off Pep Guardiola's Barcelona.

And he recorded a scalp over Real Madrid just this season, guiding Spurs to a win and a draw in the Champions League.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-5275131/Spurs-boss-Pochettino-refuses-rule-Real-Madrid-job.html#ixzz54MUlSxaS
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

This could come back to bite me in the ass...

I don't see him leaving...yet. I think he will stay to see us into the new stadium and how we perform there in the next couple seasons.

Also...if Spurs are on the up, I would want to be part of it.

Instant trophies at Real most season, unrestricted budget as they rebuild next...

USAFSPURS - 19/1/2018 15:40

This could come back to bite me in the ass...

I don't see him leaving...yet. I think he will stay to see us into the new stadium and how we perform there in the next couple seasons.

Also...if Spurs are on the up, I would want to be part of it.

Agreed. He doesn't give the vibe of a man who wants to leave a "project" unfinished. Plus aren't Real's days of being able to outbid everyone rumoured to be over? All sorts of rumours swirling about them trying to sell players to raise transfer funds, and their squad depth ain't what it used to be already.

It's taken Levy 20 years to get to where we are. My guess is it will (or would) take MP 10 years to build to the level where we are truly competitive on every front on a sustainable basis.

Nothing trends in a straight line, This year is a setback but the overall trend is positive.

For players, who have a limited career time frame, setbacks are significant. For managers who are supposedly "project" oriented, they are a bump in the road.

The general unhappiness is due to one thing. Levy not managing expectations properly. He should have planned for Wembley for two years and delivered on time. No one I talked to thought the stadium deadlines would be met.

Now Pochettino is operating in an environment of unease. His mentality is in question. Will he be able to manage through this and reset the upward movement of the club, or will he bail?

That remains to be seen.

It's taken Levy 20 years to get to where we are. My guess is it will (or would) take MP 10 years to build to the level where we are truly competitive on every front on a sustainable basis.

Nothing trends in a straight line, This year is a setback but the overall trend is positive.

For players, who have a limited career time frame, setbacks are significant. For managers who are supposedly "project" oriented, they are a bump in the road.

The general unhappiness is due to one thing. Levy not managing expectations properly. He should have planned for Wembley for two years and delivered on time. No one I talked to thought the stadium deadlines would be met.

Now Pochettino is operating in an environment of unease. His mentality is in question. Will he be able to manage through this and reset the upward movement of the club, or will he bail?

That remains to be seen.

I actually think Poch's sternest test will be the churn of players. You could argue that he only lost one player of note in his first 5 years, Walker. Levy and co managed to keep all his best players together and for the most part he's nurtured them all well.

That can't happen in the next phase. Poch knows that starting next season there will probably be no Vorm, Dembele, N'Koudou, Llorente, Janssen for starters. Then there's other risks around Wanyama, Rose, Toby, Jan, Eriksen etc with their fitness and contract scenarios not to mention the vultures on our biggest stars Iike Kane. A fast turnover of players will create disruption, especially if we can't get equivalent players to the ones that leave.

There's one scenario where Poch figure he's gonna have to start a new project anyway and might choose to do it where the purse strings are a little more free. I don't think he will though.

I wouldn't disagree but this is about his mentality more than anyone else's.

That remains to be seen.
I understand what you're 80 but I can't agree, it looks like we will be in come Jan. That has to be better than having to wait till next season, the cost implication I imagine would be quite significant. When you borrow the sums we are talking about generally you want to complete project ASAP so you can start generating income to meet interest payments, I would also assume the sooner the stadium is open the sooner we can tie down naming rights.
Paying out for Wembley I imagine isn't cheap either, if we open in Jan that gives us 4 months plus to get use to stadium readiness for next season. It may also be the difference in keeping one or two players and attracting new ones.

The truth?

Rumour is he said "you bottled it again"

made me laugh anyway

Whether he said that or just said in a condescending tone "go away". That was the other theory.

It's about time this walking ego was hounded out of the game. Way too much smoke surrounding him unfortunately and it's by no means just Spurs. Mike Dean is perhaps the only thing in football that Spurs and Arsenal agree on.

Whether he said that or just said in a condescending tone "go away". That was the other theory.

It's about time this walking ego was hounded out of the game. Way too much smoke surrounding him unfortunately and it's by no means just Spurs. Mike Dean is perhaps the only thing in football that Spurs and Arsenal agree on.

As we said on the other thread neither of us rate him.

But personally I dont see anything wrong with a ref giving it back to a manager/player if they are abusive.

So far I have read he said ....what's your problem ? With Poch replying ....you know what the problem is pointing to the corner flag. Dean tells him repeatedly to ....Go away. Both comments by Dean I find a little inflammatory and condescending. Poch walks away and Dean says something else. Jesus points a finger and says you can't say that, Poch gives it the What, what, what did you say ?

So far I have read he said ....what's your problem ? With Poch replying ....you know what the problem is pointing to the corner flag. Dean tells him repeatedly to ....Go away. Both comments by Dean I find a little inflammatory and condescending. Poch walks away and Dean says something else. Jesus points a finger and says you can't say that, Poch gives it the What, what, what did you say ?

I dont think his original comments are that bad and he is well within his rights to tell him to go away under the rules in place.

A little more diplomatic would have been.....We shouldn't be doing this on view. Let's talk in my office in a few minutes . What's your problem could translate to.....I understand you are not happy, let's have a look at the video .

What's your problem and go away is not very pleasant in my view.

A little more diplomatic would have been.....We shouldn't be doing this on view. Let's talk in my office in a few minutes . What's your problem could translate to.....I understand you are not happy, let's have a look at the video .

What's your problem and go away is not very pleasant in my view.

Spot on NRD. As I said above, no smoke without fire with this guy.

One thing I'm happy with is Poch being the bigger man. By saying what he's said in his post match interview he protected Dean by not divulging what he said. He has come out with a lot of credibility. We need Poch to be the good cop and having healthy relationships with the officials. Saying that, he'll probably get a 3 match ban as that is what happened to Wenger.

As for the bad cop, what is required here is Levy placing a call into the head of the FA, Martin Glenn, and a face to face meeting called this week. If I'm Levy, I would have already had Jimenez, Perez and Poch in the office after the match and full detail of what exactly was said is documented. It's then a case of addressing this directly with Martin Glenn and removing any other communication channels between THFC and The FA. I'm sure after all these years in charge, Levy knows exactly what needs to be said if Dean has disrespected employees of our club. The exact comments should only be shared between the 2 of them and if Dean has spoken out of turn, that's down to Glenn to deal with.

Of course, the scenario of Dean being hounded by fans up and down the country is likely unless he kerbs the very visible arrogance that keeps surfacing.