Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Enrique

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Benitez

Votes: 8 18.6%
  • Other

Votes: 8 18.6%

• Total voters
I don't think it's the book. It's a combination of things which can be fixed. Or will get better. Fatigue, injuries, form, tactics, team selection.

Totally agree about the 3-5 year cycle. Top managers win trophies within 3-5 years and still get the sack. How many mangers who win trophies stay at a one club for ten years. Wenger is the only one who comes to mind. MP had chances to win trophies but wasn't shrewd enough and his track record of wining nothing is not good enough for a coach who is meant to be up there with the best.

He's managed Espanyol, Southampton and Spurs. Trophies don't come easy to any of those clubs. But he's improved all of them! A bigger achievement than winning the league with Bayern Munich, my nan could do that.

We've got the 6th biggest budget in our league, winning anything is a massive uphill battle and is bound to require a lot of luck. I like Poch, he's far from perfect but he's a good manager and I don't think we could attract better.

MP is not a good manager, he is a good coach. MP has been in charge 3 and half years and still hasn't worked out what formation is best for spurs. MP used 4231 for two seasons and never got it spot on in terms of players used and overall balance of the team, there was always a square in a round hole about his teams. Last season MP switched to 343, with walker and rose it was a finely balanced team that had everything and was by far the best team MP had put together at spurs. The fullbacks spurs have now are not suited to playing as wing backs anyone one can see that yet MP persists with them. If MP was a brave and good manager spurs would have been playing 433 from day one and would have won a few trophies to boot.

He can't stick to the same formation due to player injuries and squad depth. It also depends who you are playing.

We have been punching above our weight in terms of performance V spend.Its a rough patch at the moment and Poch takes some of the blame yes, but he will fix it.

gus poyet - 29/11/2017 23:57

He's managed Espanyol, Southampton and Spurs. Trophies don't come easy to any of those clubs. But he's improved all of them! A bigger achievement than winning the league with Bayern Munich, my nan could do that.

We've got the 6th biggest budget in our league, winning anything is a massive uphill battle and is bound to require a lot of luck. I like Poch, he's far from perfect but he's a good manager and I don't think we could attract better.

Regardless of the budget we still have when fit and on form easily the 2nd or 3rd best 11 in the league. The bench isn't to shabby either. It's after that we start to struggle. Which for me is more down to Poch not having the ability to get in the right players.

We also still spend a fair amount on transfer fee's and now wages. Our bonus system puts the players weekly wages up a lot higher than people think. Pretty sure EX did a article on this.

The excuses have to stop now. We are not a mid table team anymore so we must start acting like a team capable of winning trophies. Sure we are not the finished article but the foundations are now in place.

Also Gus the most important part of who the manager is can they work with Levy? As we know Levy's record is poor.

This is the only relationship that has clicked in all depratments. For now anyway. I can see things changing over this season and next summer. The more pressure on Poch he will start pointing the finger elsewhere as he is egotistical.

If he plays any of the key players on Wed with the form we are in in the league it shows he is about self promotion.

we've won the group so depends if he wants some players to play themselves into form or just stick out the reserves.

TBH with all our injuries we don't have much depth at the moment. I don't expect Kane to start for example but who comes in at DM if we rest Dier?

freundorfoe - 2/12/2017 17:54

we've won the group so depends if he wants some players to play themselves into form or just stick out the reserves.

TBH with all our injuries we don't have much depth at the moment. I don't expect Kane to start for example but who comes in at DM if we rest Dier?

U23s.

It doesn’t matter.

He needs to rest everyone. I dont care if he puts the worst team ive ever seen out against apoel, I just want all the big players rested.

I am torn between hoping that he plays what could be called our 2nd 11...... and hoping that we win, just for confidence sake. But I think resting as many as he can from our 1st 11 is what he should do..... we finish as group champions come what may, we have two home Pl games coming up and time to give what would be a two week game rest to as many as possible in readiness for an intense Xmas period.

Big Chiv - 2/12/2017 22:10

Hey Poch, here's the title of your new book

From 3rd to 2nd to 10th, The Diary of a Loser.

LOL

Season isn't over yet but I can't see us finishing any higher than 6th now. Players heads are gone.

Domestically there are currently 4 managers who are better than MP. The odds on what MP has currently won trophy wise points to another trophy less season. Maybe having a bad season this season finishing out of Europe and having a free run at the EPL at the new lane will be MP's last chance in terms of wining a trophy.