Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Benitez

Votes: 8 18.6%
  • Other

Votes: 8 18.6%

• Total voters
80deg16minW - 20/11/2017 19:35

Kinygerbils - 20/11/2017 18:47

Dont want him gone, but saturday was another in the list of odd decisions by the manager that have been high in number this season.

I imagine that is why he makes the big bucks, but a large number of his team selections and subs have been questionable at best

What other decisions have been questionable and had negative results?

Selections at Old trafford and Arsenal /tactics and selections at Wembley against swansea etc/league cup/subbing of player too late.

He still doesn't trust his squad. He played a still injured Kane at the weekend. Lloris and Alli were not fit either.

All that fuss over N'Kou and he doesn't get a look in. Llorente what was the point? His attacking signings have been shocking time and time again yet gets away with it.

Unfortunately, MP has dropped in my estimation due to his book. It was an exercise in ego enhancement.

What happens in the dressing room should stay in the dressing room. This is almost identical to Sherwood and AVB's "I developed Bale" comments.

80deg16minW - 21/11/2017 15:17

Unfortunately, MP has dropped in my estimation due to his book. It was an exercise in ego enhancement.

What happens in the dressing room should stay in the dressing room. This is almost identical to Sherwood and AVB's "I developed Bale" comments.
Agreed, stupid decision.

Another poor selection/tactics.

Just want this season over already

Kinygerbils - 27/11/2017 08:28

I thought the team selection looked good on paper. Unfortunately the players didn't perform and we got caught cold early then struggled to score even though dominating. So for me the selection was ok and the tactics worked as we kept there attempts down to 5 with 2 on target.

All out for the CL and FA Cup for me. League was always going to be a struggle. If we can nick 4th we would have had a great season considering.

Nick Real Deal - 27/11/2017 09:04

I thought the team selection looked good on paper. Unfortunately the players didn't perform and we got caught cold early then struggled to score even though dominating. So for me the selection was ok and the tactics worked as we kept there attempts down to 5 with 2 on target.[/

The only areas we dominated was the centre circle.

Serge/Dembele starting and we may have seen a different result.

The thing that irks me most about Poch's in-game approach is that he seems to be content with doing a pre-match and half time reviews, but NOTHING during the game. He stated that we started slow and only picked up pace in the last 15 mins of 1st half. Why?... as it is not something new and is a recurring event..... and Why did he not bark orders from the touch line (ala Fergie, Mou and Pep)? He has a pensive demeanour sitting in the Ricaro and seem to think there is a law that prevents him from effecting in-game changes. Or is it a case of he's at a loss?

Whilst he constantly says that we seek to constantly improve, and is very demanding of his players, imo, he needs to look in the mirror and and ask for that continual improvement in his game management.

Dropping son was a mistake.

He played well on sat, about the only one.

We look like Chelsea after Jose lost the dressing room.

Real Deal - 28/11/2017 21:57

Why the hell did he do the frigging book ffs. His ego got the better of him.

The board should have blocked it.

As I said in the match thread, if a player had done it he would be gone.

dogeatdog - 29/11/2017 19:04

Players letting him down no question

Is it the book that's caused that or is the 3/4 year cycle that even Pep says makes players not respond to the same voice, same things after a few years of hearing it.?

Probably, the same as usual, a combination of things , not having any meaningful backup in any forward positions for too many seasons hasn't helped either, players become too comfortable with no fear of being dropped, Son is the only real competition in every single offensive position and has been for years, quite pathetic really that we have no one else.