Maureen | Page 2 | Vital Football

Maureen

Not so long ago Poch had his team in the final of the European Cup now out on his arse after a bad run.?
Who do they pick to replace him, ? A man with a record of bad runs. You have to laugh.
Unlike most on VMC I like Maureen and the way he stirs up the media.
He makes me laugh at the way they respond to his dry wit and his could care less attitude toward them.
As a manager though, I’m not sure he is much good but he’s clever enough to fool the guys who employ him.
Levy and Kane will have to watch out for him.

Not so long ago Poch had his team in the final of the European Cup now out on his arse after a bad run.?
Who do they pick to replace him, ? A man with a record of bad runs. You have to laugh.
Unlike most on VMC I like Maureen and the way he stirs up the media.
He makes me laugh at the way they respond to his dry wit and his could care less attitude toward them.
As a manager though, I’m not sure he is much good but he’s clever enough to fool the guys who employ him.
Levy and Kane will have to watch out for him.

Maureen does win trophies and has consistent teams, let's face it, he was actually JoMU's best Manager, despite the way he approached matches, but Podgy, played good exciting football and once again we see the players getting the sack by not performing, the same will happen at Arsenal as it did at Leicester Assassins.

My concern is that Oily will get the bums rush and insert Podgy who will immediately get Kane and Son (sounds like a company)

Yes the JoMU board will be in a quandary. Having just backed Oily to the hilt and professed their undying support.......will they stab him in the back?

The term "serial winner" is trending a lot among Spurs fans. Guess they can stomach anything to win something.

Maureen does win trophies and has consistent teams, let's face it, he was actually JoMU's best Manager, despite the way he approached matches, but Podgy, played good exciting football and once again we see the players getting the sack by not performing, the same will happen at Arsenal as it did at Leicester Assassins.

My concern is that Oily will get the bums rush and insert Podgy who will immediately get Kane and Son (sounds like a company)
I’m not so sure if he would get Kane Buzz, I reckon Kane has had a lot to do with the supposedly discontent amongst the players at the Spuds and that is why I mentioned his and Levy’s names
You are correct in saying Maureen has won plenty but there has been a few bad runs in his past.
No matter, he might need the money eh! :lol:

They built that stadium for the NFL, so Levy probably gives a toss if Spurs fade into mediocrity as long as the money keeps flowing.

This is one comment from a Sours forum throwing some light on the background to Poch's departure. We may never know the full story but it shows that these things are rarely 'out of the blue' as it were....
"The Daily Mail suggests there was friction between Levy and Poch. Poch requested 80k to spend on fixed cameras on the training pitch. Levy refused. Poch offered to pay out of his own pocket, Levy refused Levy then gave the go ahead for Amazon to install fixed cameras. Poch wanted the end of contract players sold but Levy decided against it which meant no revenue and no replacements. It also meant unsettled dressing room. Poch indicated this by his I am just the coach comment and the uncertainty of the players. This may have been the cause of the engineered departure by Poch. As I suggested...Poch perhaps got pissed off with Levy and made his decision quite some time ago."​

This is one comment from a Sours forum throwing some light on the background to Poch's departure. We may never know the full story but it shows that these things are rarely 'out of the blue' as it were....
"The Daily Mail suggests there was friction between Levy and Poch. Poch requested 80k to spend on fixed cameras on the training pitch. Levy refused. Poch offered to pay out of his own pocket, Levy refused Levy then gave the go ahead for Amazon to install fixed cameras. Poch wanted the end of contract players sold but Levy decided against it which meant no revenue and no replacements. It also meant unsettled dressing room. Poch indicated this by his I am just the coach comment and the uncertainty of the players. This may have been the cause of the engineered departure by Poch. As I suggested...Poch perhaps got pissed off with Levy and made his decision quite some time ago."​
That has the ring of truth to it.

Sounds like a reasonable deduction, how will Maureen react when he can't go on his usual spending spree?
Maybe Levy has agreed to loosen the purse strings a little? I doubt it will be in the January window but more likely next summer.
His remit for the rest of the season will surely be to achieve top four with what he’s got. I think that’s why Levy let Podgy go because if their current league form continued, it was looking unlikely they would catch up.

Maybe Levy has agreed to loosen the purse strings a little? I doubt it will be in the January window but more likely next summer.
His remit for the rest of the season will surely be to achieve top four with what he’s got. I think that’s why Levy let Podgy go because if their current league form continued, it was looking unlikely they would catch up.
If Maggy believed that, he's an even bigger fool than I thought.

Christ Almighty. I’m already sick of the blanket media coverage of Maureen and it’s just day one!
:arrghh:

They could never get enough of him. Never short of a story when Maureen is about so the hacks are on Easy Street again. Stories on a plate. Which player is he digging out this week? Which referee is he moaning about? What will he say at his press conference. :sick:

They could never get enough of him. Never short of a story when Maureen is about so the hacks are on Easy Street again. Stories on a plate. Which player is he digging out this week? Which referee is he moaning about? What will he say at his press conference. :sick:
Having pondered on it for a moment or two, Skoorb, I wonder if this might be a bit of a god-send in respect of diverting the media from their current path of complete adulation of all and everything dipper?

Having pondered on it for a moment or two, Skoorb, I wonder if this might be a bit of a god-send in respect of diverting the media from their current path of complete adulation of all and everything dipper?
Well anything which takes the limelight might be good but not if it takes the pressure/heat off them