Matty Willock | Page 2 | Vital Football

Matty Willock

Part of the problem could be the success of his younger sibling/s.If he is anything like my eldest he had to be best at everything. Or he really couldn't take it.

You’re still coming at it as if he’s definitely got a problem Chris. I don’t think he particularly has.

Now he appears over his niggling injuries, he’s had a couple of decent cameo performances. But finding it hard to crack into the team ahead of some of our other midfielders who are currently playing ok. I think it’s no more than that.

Whether he gets an opportunity through another players loss of form or fitness time will tell. If he does get a starting berth and a little run at it, he needs to take it with both hands. All the while hoping he doesn’t get injured again.

You’re still coming at it as if he’s definitely got a problem Chris. I don’t think he particularly has.

Now he appears over his niggling injuries, he’s had a couple of decent cameo performances. But finding it hard to crack into the team ahead of some of our other midfielders who are currently playing ok. I think it’s no more than that.

Whether he gets an opportunity through another players loss of form or fitness time will tell. If he does get a starting berth and a little run at it, he needs to take it with both hands. All the while hoping he doesn’t get injured again.
I sincerely hope you are right but it doesn't look good really .It could just be that the midfield needs a different type of player in his position with such a young back line.But there is definitely a non injury reason or he would not be on the bench at all.

I sincerely hope you are right but it doesn't look good really .It could just be that the midfield needs a different type of player in his position with such a young back line.But there is definitely a non injury reason or he would not be on the bench at all.

With the number of substitutes being increased to five per match due to the increase in muscle injuries from a shortened pre-season, it could be a case that the club is slowly getting him back to fitness rather than chucking him straight in. If I recall correctly he was out for part of last season with a hamstring problem.

With the number of substitutes being increased to five per match due to the increase in muscle injuries from a shortened pre-season, it could be a case that the club is slowly getting him back to fitness rather than chucking him straight in. If I recall correctly he was out for part of last season with a hamstring problem.

Good point. Utilising five substitutes is a big change and will challenge the tactical ability of individual managers as much as it will team depth.

I think Willock has vision and skill , but definitely lacks strength with and without the ball, he is definitely one player who could do with a reserve team.

If he's fit I'd start him today. We've seen glimpses but no where near enough to really judge him (other than injury prone).

He needs to start a few games so we (and more importantly Steve) can judge which areas of the squad need strengthening in January.

If he's fit I'd start him today. We've seen glimpses but no where near enough to really judge him (other than injury prone).

He needs to start a few games so we (and more importantly Steve) can judge which areas of the squad need strengthening in January.
Not selected again I see and not even brought on as a sub.

IF ??? He wants to start regularly and Evans can't promise him that that might mean he is already set to leave if he get a reasonable offer.We currently don't have quite the right blend .Evans can clearly see that and has almost said as much by saying he needs a few more players. Willock could be just the victim of what the midfield as a group can provide.We almost certainly need that left sided midfielder to give us more options.That alone means one midfielder possibly has to go.IF??? Willock is the only contracted midfielder player who is willing to move on and there is interest then Evans has no real choice. To play him under those sort of circumstances would possibly be the wrong decision.