Matty Virtue | Vital Football

Matty Virtue

SeasideEssexXile

Vital Football Legend
Quietly impressed by this lad who goes about his game getting in to vital positions at the right time.
Is looking like a young gnashers in his box to box drives.
He was shaming THompson yesterday who after coming on was letting players go past him and was half heartedly strolling back this lad was still chasing back and shutting play down.
He can certainly pick a pass and playing alongside Spearing will certainly help his allround game.
When you consider that he has played only 10 games for us and already has 3 goals that's an impressive return already.
Could be the shrewdest signing in a long time.

His goals so far below.

And let me guess Feeney the worst. Think we could have been in the mix of Kirby had been given a run

Feeney has zero positional awareness. I'd get rid in the summer.

Been a huge disappointment, a signing I thought would turn out very good for us at the time.
The gesturing to the Pool fans didn't adhere himself earlier this season.

Signed a 2yr deal with a 1 yr option.

Feeney was a mistake...loan him out for some of his wages at least or sell him on a free.
Matty Virtue could be a Pool skipper in waiting.

Blackpool assistant Tony Grant says Matty Virtue reminds him of a young Roy Keane.
Virtue has already scored three goals for the Seasiders in his first 13 games since signing for the club during the January transfer window.

The box-to-box midfielder, signed on a permanent deal from Liverpool's Under-23 side, has caught the eye with his energetic displays.

While Grant accepts Virtue is unlikely to enjoy the same success as Keane did, he believes the 21-year-old can definitely play higher than League One.
“He’s the modern box-to-box midfielder and there’s not many of those players about," Grant said.
“He can get into the opposition box and recover in your box in quick time. He’s got big, strong legs and he’s got the potential to play much higher.
“The goal against Bradford was brilliant. I don’t want to put too much pressure on him but I liken him to a young Roy Keane, who travelled with the ball and was a bit free.

“Roy obviously went on to play at a really high standard and can Matty get to that level? Maybe not, but he can definitely play higher.”
Virtue is a doubt for this weekend's trip to Barnsley after suffering a gash on his leg after being on the wrong end of a nasty challenge from Fleetwood Town's Nathan Sheron.
Sheron was shown a straight red card for the tackle and Virtue was subsequently taken off.
“There’s a question mark over Matty, who got a heavy knock when the Fleetwood player was sent off," Grant added.

“He’s got a big gash. I’m not sure on the extent of it.

Thank god it is a gash which will heal over soon rather than a fracture or ligament damage. A nasty challenge.