Matty Palmer | Vital Football

Matty Palmer

Yea was always going to happen guess sheridan liked what he has seen so no big surprise
Also thought he was out of the game saturday probably not interested anyway
Hopefully we we will have new owners soon and bring in better players

Probably won't be the only one departing in the New Year. Sadly hasn't really shown any real promise, as Moonay says not really any better than the youngsters we have. No doubt he will go back as Swindon are deep in the relegation battle themselves so why would they loan us a player to help us out.

I can also see Solomon Ottabor going due to the injury problems he has endured and we might also see a bid come in for Kal Naismith and one or two of the youngsters given their performances lately.

We need recruits that are better than what we have. We need a decent holding midfield player to play alongside Merrie to give us some composure on the ball. Unfortunately Perry hasn't got that experience and is prone to giving the ball away at present whereas Merrie has shown he has got the tools to become a decent midfield enforcer. His hard tackling and willingness to put his body on the line make him ideally suited to being a ball winning midfielder, get someone alongside him who can use the balls he wins and keep possession and we might start to lose the long ball.

It is going to be a difficult time for the new owners as they try to sort out contracts for players who are coming to the end of their existing ones and trying to improve the squad with new players whilst all the time battling coronavirus restrictions. It is going to take a tremendous effort to move us up the table and save the season.

Another problem they will need to consider is the likelihood that Leam Richardson will move on as it seems that Paul Cook is on the radar of Sheff Wed following the dismissal of Tony Pulis and is likely to rejoin him if he gets the nod.

Merry and perry sometimes i feel its more like kevin and perry in midfield
Sorry i just Couldn't resist that :wahey:

Probably won't be the only one departing in the New Year. Sadly hasn't really shown any real promise, as Moonay says not really any better than the youngsters we have. No doubt he will go back as Swindon are deep in the relegation battle themselves so why would they loan us a player to help us out.

I can also see Solomon Ottabor going due to the injury problems he has endured and we might also see a bid come in for Kal Naismith and one or two of the youngsters given their performances lately.

We need recruits that are better than what we have. We need a decent holding midfield player to play alongside Merrie to give us some composure on the ball. Unfortunately Perry hasn't got that experience and is prone to giving the ball away at present whereas Merrie has shown he has got the tools to become a decent midfield enforcer. His hard tackling and willingness to put his body on the line make him ideally suited to being a ball winning midfielder, get someone alongside him who can use the balls he wins and keep possession and we might start to lose the long ball.

It is going to be a difficult time for the new owners as they try to sort out contracts for players who are coming to the end of their existing ones and trying to improve the squad with new players whilst all the time battling coronavirus restrictions. It is going to take a tremendous effort to move us up the table and save the season.

Another problem they will need to consider is the likelihood that Leam Richardson will move on as it seems that Paul Cook is on the radar of Sheff Wed following the dismissal of Tony Pulis and is likely to rejoin him if he gets the nod.

I don't think I'd give out many contracts as i don't think there is much worth keeping when their deals run out at the end of the season. At least not at the moment - I'd prefer to decide at the end of the season for the majority rather than offer deals now.

Pearce is here another 18 months I believe. After that Naismith and Evans worth keeping if they had any interest (which I doubt) and I'd keep James if we could do a deal but after that I'm not really sold on anyone being offered a long term deal. Extending the likes of Tilt or Keane until the end of the season is fair enough but not sure i'd commit more than that. A couple of the young lads like Asgard and Joseph may develop further and are worth deals but as a manager coming in now I wouldn't say any of the others are to a point we need to lock them down for the next few years or we don't need to look at signing in their position. I'd want to judge the rest at end of the season.

The Spanish have already said the plan was to give everyone a new contract - I think it's a bad idea as the better players will likely not sign it to look at their options and we'll end up tying up mostly players who aren't up to it for next year and beyond. We should offer contracts on merit rather than a job lot. Imagine giving someone like Massey a new deal after he's not had a single decent game in 18 months.

It's going to be a hard January and beggars can't be choosers to a point but I think with the wage cap and the fact the Spanish arent according to Nixon looking to spend much we need to be super careful about every contract offered as it could haunt us next season.

Last edited: