Matt Ritchie | Vital Football

Matt Ritchie

keggy_keagal

Vital Football Hero
Added to the list of names that will brought to brook when the revolution comes.

"Doesn't understand the fans unrest"

"The owner's been honest in his interviews in the press"

This fucker was begging for Benitez to stay in March of this year .

“It’s massive that he does stay now, especially at the moment with the unrest among the fans.

“There’s no better man for the club. He’s seen everything."

Very much on message now . Managing expectations, comparing us to Bournemouth (??). I expect him to be offered a new contract like the good little lapdog he is.

Succinct Keggy,not been on here for a while but sums it up,signing off,it's a carcass of a club,hope it rots.Meanwhile hope all the lads & lasses on here stay well..There is no revolution on Sunday

Last edited:
I dont know what Ashley would have to do to stop people going, reading some of the comments on the chronicle website makes me cringe. I think for me its got to the point where NUFC is just a memory even when Ashley is gone i cant see myself standing next to those that go these days, they bare no resemblance to the lads who went when i fell in love with NUFC. I have some cracking memories of back in the day we were shit and won fuck all but the fans were always UNITED

I take it all is well now that the fat **** has spent the Andy Carroll money at long last? Is if anything is going to change!

I dont know what Ashley would have to do to stop people going, reading some of the comments on the chronicle website makes me cringe. I think for me its got to the point where NUFC is just a memory even when Ashley is gone i cant see myself standing next to those that go these days, they bare no resemblance to the lads who went when i fell in love with NUFC. I have some cracking memories of back in the day we were shit and won fuck all but the fans were always UNITED

Spot on Bruce - my first experience of a match day was in the E Wing - suffice to say I didn't fall in love with team straight away but it was love at first sight with the E wing

Whilst also seeing a few games in A and E paddocks - mainly cup games (Exeter in E was a ‘mare), I was next door with a season ticket in D paddock for a number of years mid 80’s through to 1991-92 when I moved “upstairs” in light of the Taylor Report. Great days in there despite a relegation. The best thing about it was being on “nodding” terms with people you didn’t even know their name but knew were alright to stand with cos they were “like people” - chosen family if you were- and you would congregate with them - laughing; joking; singing; celebrating; being furious; going mental - altogether. Similarly, those that you knew were nobs - you avoided. This created - what the authorities stamped out - atmosphere.

There was a lad we called “dieMcKeag” cos he’d shout that every fortnight along with “Fuck off, McKeag”. During a game against Southampton and 1-3 down he went particularly ape-shit at the board and was raging about them. Big stand was made- “that’s it. No more. FUCK OFF MCKEAG” and hurled his scarf over the fence in total disgust. He wore that scarf religiously every fortnight - what I would call ‘‘80’s-style” - like a tie with a knot. I can still see him furiously trying to unloosen it, nearly strangling himself, as he completely lost it. When O’Neill scored a couple of late ones to escape with a draw - his embarrassment at begging for his scarf back from a steward at the end of the game was hilarious. “See you in a couple of weeks then?” “aye, aye - you will, like”. Priceless.

As a further aside on that - we even told him “you’ll regret that if we get a draw (admittedly- at that stage - unlikely)” “eh? EH?!?! Ya fuckin’ joking man, aren’t ya?!?! We’re FUCKIN’ SHITE, man!!!”

Hahahaha. Laughed myself hoarse that day.

Whilst also seeing a few games in A and E paddocks - mainly cup games (Exeter in E was a ‘mare), I was next door with a season ticket in D paddock for a number of years mid 80’s through to 1991-92 when I moved “upstairs” in light of the Taylor Report. Great days in there despite a relegation. The best thing about it was being on “nodding” terms with people you didn’t even know their name but knew were alright to stand with cos they were “like people” - chosen family if you were- and you would congregate with them - laughing; joking; singing; celebrating; being furious; going mental - altogether. Similarly, those that you knew were nobs - you avoided. This created - what the authorities stamped out - atmosphere.

There was a lad we called “dieMcKeag” cos he’d shout that every fortnight along with “Fuck off, McKeag”. During a game against Southampton and 1-3 down he went particularly ape-shit at the board and was raging about them. Big stand was made- “that’s it. No more. FUCK OFF MCKEAG” and hurled his scarf over the fence in total disgust. He wore that scarf religiously every fortnight - what I would call ‘‘80’s-style” - like a tie with a knot. I can still see him furiously trying to unloosen it, nearly strangling himself, as he completely lost it. When O’Neill scored a couple of late ones to escape with a draw - his embarrassment at begging for his scarf back from a steward at the end of the game was hilarious. “See you in a couple of weeks then?” “aye, aye - you will, like”. Priceless.

Great times Finn - I wish my memories were as clear as yours

What I do remember as a young impressionable lad was the sheer passion - the away supporters at the time were placed in the Leazes end closest to the E Wing paddock and it made for exciting times

I watched the Trelford Mills cup game in there and that game will stay with me for the rest of my life - that bloke got more stick in one game than Ashley has had in 12 years

passion and pure, unadulterated love for a football club gone for fuckin ever down to one fat cockney ****

I remember the petrol bomb being hurled amongst the Hammers from that end. We were in the Leazes End nearest the corner and I remember it clear as day. There was also a load of bricks and bottles being exchanged - those were the days.

Anybody remember the graffiti in `Boot Boy Alley'. `Petrols dear but cheap to burn hammers' and the bloke hanging by a noose with `Cocknys' written next to it.

That was just before my time Vin but I always thought it was from the opposite side - from the East Stand ??

I started in the Old Leazes as a kid went with my brother and used to get passed down to the front, then went to the scoreboard for a few years but had to move to the corner because the NME and the Whitley Bay lads became enemies and as i was from Whitley Bay had to move to avoid getting a kicking. I remember Keegans first game like it was yesttrday and Exeter at home in the cup i honestly thought i was going to die it was so packed.

That was just before my time Vin but I always thought it was from the opposite side - from the East Stand ??

It was Mac - that's the side I thought you were talking about because that's where all the raggies were before the benches got put in.

I didn't realise you stood in the poofters side