Matt Rhead | Vital Football

Matt Rhead

Scotimp

Vital Football Legend
The big man is set to make his 150th appearance for the Imps at Accrington on Saturday.

He will be the 100th City player to reach the milestone.

He has scored 46 goals in that time.

Another notch in the Rheady memory banks tonight. Pity we didn't get him a couple of years earlier as he would have been nudging up towards big Percy status by now.

Quote from Mark Robins: "Matt Rhead has bullied our two centre-halves and that's the disappointment. It's like playing the old Wimbledon again..."

Quote from Mark Robins: "Matt Rhead has bullied our two centre-halves and that's the disappointment. It's like playing the old Wimbledon again..."

Poor wee lambs.....

fancy Rheady picking on two grown men.

Reminds me of listening to a group of "heavies" chatting at some Highland games:

" where's Davie? Is he not doing this one? "

"He's still in the cells, he picked on four guys last night"

His diving header in the 2nd half looked destined for the net, I'm still not sure how it didn't end up there. Fantastic effort from the big fella again..

Likened to Messi on the Coventry forum, which must be a first. I'm not entirely sure the comparison is a compliment on this occasion.

No 'possibly' about it. Absolute stunner, in the first minute? He even followed it with a knee slide.

Before the match, we all had Rhead on the bench. Damn glad DC picks the team!!

A brilliant strike... absolute postage stamp into the top bin.

For me though, still doesn’t beat his overhead kick from outside the box against Barrow...

Didn’t he also get a quality 30 yard chip-in later that season too. Thought he was going to nail another of those last night... just didn’t get quite enough on it...

No 'possibly' about it. Absolute stunner, in the first minute? He even followed it with a knee slide.

Before the match, we all had Rhead on the bench. Damn glad DC picks the team!!

Not me. You've forgotten the rule: drop Rhead and we don't win. :lol: