Matt Jarvis | Page 2 | Vital Football

Matt Jarvis

The only reason we don't play wingers is that we haven't got any.

Are people seriously saying we wouldn't be more of a threat at home if we had someone who could beat a man and deliver a great cross for the likes of Eaves to attack.

We had a couple of wingers in Lee Martin and Scott Wagstaff but Lovell decided to release them and not replace them. They weren't replaced as Lovell wants to play a narrow formation where any width is provided by the wingbacks.

We had a couple of wingers in Lee Martin and Scott Wagstaff but Lovell decided to release them and not replace them. They weren't replaced as Lovell wants to play a narrow formation where any width is provided by the wingbacks.

We need John Hodge back , nevermind Matty !

Rob I asked the question on twitter and his wife kindly responded by saying that Gills had not made any approach. He still may have said no but we didn't even ask.

Perhaps our wage strategy prevents us signing decent players on loan. Last January we went for the likes of Rhys Murphy. Perhaps that's the calibre we are looking at again. If that's the case then we will end up exactly where we deserve either just above or just below the drop zone. Happy days eh !

Perhaps some decent attacking football like Jarvis showed yesterday might even attract a few more to come watch.

He may well have house in the West Mids but he's based in Surrey and is advertising for his academy in Surrey so I guess that is where "home is".

The only reason we don't play wingers is that we haven't got any.

Are people seriously saying we wouldn't be more of a threat at home if we had someone who could beat a man and deliver a great cross for the likes of Eaves to attack.

I notice from his wiki page that he’s 32 and hasn’t played for Norwich for over 2 years. Now I know he’s a former favourite, I used to love watching him myself, and I accept he played well yesterday, but I still maintain he would’ve been a gamble. If he hadn’t played for us previously I don’t think anyone would’ve mentioned him.
I will admit though, I do find the obsession with our former players from many posters a little bizarre. Any ex player that comes available must be signed.

I agree with an earlier post that suggested he may not play particularly regularly. Of course, if he only plays once a month but guarantees 3 points then all well and good, but do we have the finances to risk?

We live in the world of risks as the perfect players are out of our budget.

One of the reasons we are shit at home is we lack creativity. We need players who can beat players and get to the bye line and deliver crosses.

Most of Walsalls FCs income comes from the market every Sunday, the lease to the hotel on site, corporate events and the advertising next to the M6 - the income from football is secondary.
If Walsall make most of their money with boot sales, do the team have to play in their slippers?