Match Tread, Derby v Forest, there's feeling involved here. | Vital Football

Match Tread, Derby v Forest, there's feeling involved here.

Old Red Fart

Vital Champions League
Just got back after an excellent fish dinner out with extended family only to find there's no match thread again so pushing my luck in the hope of a win. I can't see Derby going down this season so it might be an exciting game between 2 sides trying their best to stay up, could easily end up with a 1-1 draw though. I haven't been to Derby for a good many years, last time would have been to see what was regarded as the best team in the country at the time when Raich Carter and Peter Doherty played inside forwards with Jackie Stamp in the centre, they were the heart of a magnificent side and I haven't seen the equivalent since. And that's a serious comment. In those days they were playing at the old Baseball Ground, prior to that though I'd spent a bit of time at Normanton Barracks in the Army. And that's about all I've seen of Derby, so I'm not an authority.
The current Derby side seems a bit like us in the sense that they're rebuilding although with a very new manager, Rooney, who has yet to prove his worth but he seems to be doing better that I thought he would, Derby seem to be in the middle of selling off some of their better young players and that won't help him.
This will be a tough game to win, as usual, but it would do wonders for our side's confidence.

Over to you fellows with much more knowledge than I have.

I can see the bulk of attacking intent being played out in the first half. If it's 0-0 at half time I wouldn't be surprised to see both sides trying not to lose, rather than looking to win. No fans to ramp up the atmosphere won't encourage either side to go for it either.

I'd love to be proved wrong and see Forest stick 3 goals in during the second half with a scintillating attacking display. Although I'd settle for a solitary injury time 1-0 winner too.

Personally struggle to get anywhere near the levels of excitement usually only reserved for these games. A derby game is not fully worthy of the title without the fans.
Saying that. I'll be nervously drinking by 19:30 tonight.

I'd agree that Rooney has done better than expected. my guess is the nosedive foe them will come next season when his lack of tactical nous (sp?) takes effect. I think Hughton is starting to show what he's about and with a few of his own players next season we'll take off (assuming he stays). For this one, I think it could go either way. I just hope Garner plays.

I watched 45 mins of a recent shaggers game , yes I was that bored, they looked a bit ropey at the back, that wisdom looks a liability but they were ok going forward. Probably not that much between the sides but I think we can nick this by the odd goal.

I watched 45 mins of a recent shaggers game , yes I was that bored, they looked a bit ropey at the back, that wisdom looks a liability but they were ok going forward. Probably not that much between the sides but I think we can nick this by the odd goal.
I do too, but I predict a 5-0 just to make feel good, and if it happened then I would be even more smug :-)

If we get ahead we will win, they don't have a lot of pace either this could be a grind.

They were getting quality crosses in from the wings and corners when I have seen them this season.We need to stop their supply ,so could be tough for our full backs.