Match Tickets Swansea City away.. | Vital Football

Match Tickets Swansea City away..

LancsGordoRoad

Vital Champions League
Hopefully, GFC will today publish ticketing options for Gills` fans. Swansea has already done so which means that the two clubs have already agreed pricing and numbers.

Not fair on Gills fans who need to make travel and accommodation arrangements for a game that`s now just a few days away.

I`ve always found staff in the GFC Ticket Office helpful and cheerful, so come on GFC, let`s get this thing moving........:car: :cup:

I have a mate who goes to all the league grounds, with Swansea being the only current one outstanding. We were both going to go until we spied the price of a return rail ticket from London to Swansea - over 80 quid. Seriously, no wonder the rail service is fucked in this country.

I have a mate who goes to all the league grounds, with Swansea being the only current one outstanding. We were both going to go until we spied the price of a return rail ticket from London to Swansea - over 80 quid. Seriously, no wonder the rail service is fucked in this country.

Railcard`s are a good option and they have increased the categories too. You get at least 33% off regular fares. I saved more than £40 off my Preston to Cardiff journey and, over the season, I save several hundreds. Check out Railcard.co.uk

FROM GFC Twitter this morning: "UPDATE | We are expecting Swansea tickets to be delivered to us today. The aim is to get these on the system tomorrow and we hope to have them on sale by end of play on January 16. Failing this, it will be early on Thursday."

Thanks GFC. :tophat:

Do we know the price for Gills fans yet?
Swans pricing looks very good....

Season Ticket holders & Jack Army members
Adults - £10*
Over 60s & Students - £7.50*
Under 16s - £1
Prices available until matchday
*(excludes booking fee of £1.25 online & £2.50 over the phone or at the ticket office)

General sale
Adults - £15*
Over 60s & Students - £12.50*
Under 16s - £1
*(excludes booking fee of £1.25 online & £2.50 over the phone or at the ticket office)

Matchday (all)
Adults - £20*
Over 60s & Students - £15*
Under 16s - £1

Nice to see Swans recognise their season ticket holders. I wonder if that discount applies to Gills ST holders as well.

Customer loyalty might not be high in our book but nice to see that it's not the same everywhere. Might even increase the gate a bit.

Let's hope gills st holders get same deal.

Customer loyalty might not be high in our book but nice to see that it's not the same everywhere. Might even increase the gate a bit.

Let's hope gills st holders get same deal.

Maybe the deal should be given to those that went to the Cardiff match, have your ticket stubs ready - rewarding customer loyalty.

After a couple of mistakes in my recent posts regarding ticket pricing and distribution of proceeds I'll try and get these one right first time...

Don’t the away tickets have to be the same price as the home tickets in the FA Cup?

Away fans can be charged more than home fans only if mutually agreed by both clubs.

The situation regarding discounts to season ticket holders is more complicated, I think. There is a clause in the rules relating specifically to admission to matches that states

"Each Club participating in the competition is to advise The Association in writing by 31 August in the year of the Competition whether their season tickets entitle the holder to attend Challenge Cup matches. In addition those clubs that include admission to Challenge Cup matches within the cost of the season ticket are also to advise The Association of the total value (including VAT) and number of the Club’s season ticket sales for that season. Any season ticket sales after 31 August are to be advised to The Association.
Those Clubs that include admission to Challenge Cup matches within the cost of the season ticket are to include in match receipts reported on the Statement of Receipts and Payments Forms the total value of season ticket sales divided by the maximum number of matches that the season ticket holder is entitled to attend during the season for all Competitions."

This, however does not appear to cover the eventuality of discounts being given to season ticket holders. The final paragraph of the clause above would seem to try to ensure that visiting clubs are not financially disadvantaged by allowing STHs into cup matches, and I'd like to think that some adjustment would be made if STHs are given a discount, but this doesn't appear to be covered.

However, it's interesting to note that the £10 charge to STHs is the minimum admission charge that can be made (other than concessions), and as away fans should be charged the same as home fans (unless otherwise agreed) maybe this discount will also be given to Gills STHs.

I've just checked the Gills website and there's still nothing up there yet, so I guess it's a 'watch this space' scenario.

Railcard`s are a good option and they have increased the categories too. You get at least 33% off regular fares. I saved more than £40 off my Preston to Cardiff journey and, over the season, I save several hundreds. Check out Railcard.co.uk

Return using a railcard from gillingham is £64. Only other cheaper I have seen is book in advance but you have to catch the named train-time that you book.

Anyone know a cheaper way?

Just checked the away ticket page on the Gills OS.
North Stand Upper tickets look the only option for us at Swansea but are priced at a very reasonable £15. Not seen any official announcement that they are on sale yet though?

Return using a railcard from gillingham is £64. Only other cheaper I have seen is book in advance but you have to catch the named train-time that you book.

Anyone know a cheaper way?

As you imply, Advance ticket is cheaper. You`d only have to catch the "designated" train from Paddington to Swansea (return). The Medway to London return would be any train. I catch a designated train down to London when I go to Gills home games but my ticket allows me to travel on any London to Gillingham trains. Getting a designated train is not a problem, just make sure you account for any delay by getting an early enough train.

And.... The tickets are up for sale via the Gills website right now. Though only to S/T holders and Cardiff attendees. general sale from 0900 on Saturday.Gills have got 2,077 tickets.