Match thread | Page 5 | Vital Football

Match thread

Never will be Pope, but thank you anyway. My stepdad fell of some scaffolding on Tuesday, and found out on Thursday, that he is paralysed from the waist down and will never walk again. Absolutely in pieces, but puts things into perspective doesn’t it.
That is really shocking news, I'm so sorry

Never will be Pope, but thank you anyway. My stepdad fell of some scaffolding on Tuesday, and found out on Thursday, that he is paralysed from the waist down and will never walk again. Absolutely in pieces, but puts things into perspective doesn’t it.

Bloody hell mate so sorry to hear that.

Don't know what to say Mappred.Really sorry to hear your devastating news .....you are right mate football is irrelevant.

Sorry to hear :( it won't ever be the same again but that doesn't mean life can't be good again for him.

I don't get it... bearing in mind these decisions weren't forced due to injuries:

Our best midfielder at left back

Our best left back at centre back

Our best centre backs nowhere to be seen.

Our best winger playing as a number 10

Our best number 10 on the bench.

Our best striker set up to fail due to a lack of midfield creativity.

When we finally get our most creative player on the pitch, the striker who is most likely to benefit is taken off.

We try and play football, but without our most creative player, then bring Murphy on and game plan changes to pumping long balls into the box. Then he decides to bring on our most creative player.

The decisions make no sense.

No game plan that I could see.

It's like he's setting us up to fail.

Can't imagine Colback was too happy to be playing left-back. Might determine whether or not he signs for us permanently. :hmmm:

Just had some devastating news, so didn’t go, wasn’t going to anyway. And reading today, glad I didn’t, and exactly the reason I am not renewing. You may not respect that ORF, but to be honest I don’t really care any more.

Mappred, I understand your feelings and after reading through the Match Thread might even be tempted to join you, even from here it's depressing and I can't see it improving with MoN in charge. Your stepdads future is far more important than football and there's probably ways you may be able to help out. One of my sons in law had a similar accident a few years ago, worse in some ways as it included a bit of brain damage. Over the years since then the situation has improved out of sight to the extent that his life really is worth living.
In the basket case that is Forest, it won't always be like this. (Talk about living in hope !)

Mappred, I understand your feelings and after reading through the Match Thread might even be tempted to join you, even from here it's depressing and I can't see it improving with MoN in charge. Your stepdads future is far more important than football and there's probably ways you may be able to help out. One of my sons in law had a similar accident a few years ago, worse in some ways as it included a bit of brain damage. Over the years since then the situation has improved out of sight to the extent that his life really is worth living.
In the basket case that is Forest, it won't always be like this. (Talk about living in hope !)
Thanks ORF. The poor bloke is 67 and (was) fit as a fiddle. My one hope from now is that he at least manages to just stand, but that’s not looking likely. My mum and me are really close, and she is so strong, and dealing with this amazingly. I’m not, and am struggling big time. My dad was a complete c#*t, and this bloke is ten times the man he is. If it had happened to him, I genuinely would not have batted an eyelid, but unfortunately that doesn’t happen in real life.
Forest; meh.

I'm only new here and don't know anyone, but sorry to hear about that trauma.

Best wishes Mappred.