Match thread | Page 4 | Vital Football

Match thread

Well, that was more like it. Churlish, but it's a shame that we let in a sloppy goal at the end from a fictional corner and, to bo honest, we probably should have had 5 or 6 really, but that's splitting hairs. We were good all over the park today. The back four with Tucker and Ogilvie in the middle and O'Connor and Jackson as FB's is easily the most solid and both FBs are good going forward with solid CB's behind them. The midfield rolled its sleeves up, but, despite the lack of possession, showed a lot more craft and quality than Rochdale. And big John up front put in an Iffyesque type performance, slotting his chances away and causing them all sorts of problems with his strength and aerial ability, but he's certainly got more than enough pace and skill against CBs at this level - we se glimpses of it, but need to see more of it! Bonham had nothing to do, bar from memory one tidy save straigth at him - I'm sure he'll be gutted to let that late undeserved consolation in at the end. The least said about Rochdale the better. They were woeful.

Summoning my best Steve Treacle... That was never an effing corner!! Spoilt an otherwise top afternoons entertainment.

Very, very good performance by us today, not a single weak link, but Rochdale were woeful.

Don't understand the "new" way of playing where teams retain possession at the back but have nothing up front. We have seen this recently from quite a few teams in our league, but none of them can play in the style of old school Italy (they are just not good enough).

Let us keep playing to our strengths, and SE will do us proud.(y)

The only game I have missed this season. :lol::(

You’re not the only one Jimbo - I too missed it. Decided to listen instead of watching. I couldn’t bring myself to part with another tenner to ruin my afternoon,/evening. I’ll leave that up to Johnson in 40 minutes..........

Well done Gills.

Changes forced on us today but we looked a much better unit. Dempsey, Eccles and Robertson are all comfortable on the ball and McKenzie did surprising well behind Akinde first half. Akinde led the line well and we got plenty of men up with him so he was never isolated. Good play from him for the first goal which we've only seen in flashes so far. Samuel playing deeper hasn't worked as it's not his natural position but today worked because we played in all the right areas for all that Rochdale were sloppy at times. We need to play Boxing Day!

You’re not the only one Jimbo - I too missed it. Decided to listen instead of watching. I couldn’t bring myself to part with another tenner to ruin my afternoon,/evening. I’ll leave that up to Johnson in 40 minutes..........

Well done Gills.
Exactly the same summary from me.

Spaffed £30 on 3 terrible games leading up to abstaining from this one. Should have known better.

Yep I missed this one too. Typical.

Great win though lads. Anyone in particular cause the destruction or an all round good team performance?

Good all round performance today (surprisingly, I liked both Jackson and O'Connor who I thought both had good games today) but Rochdale where pony.