Match Thread: Wycombe Wanderers v Lincoln City | Page 20 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Wycombe Wanderers v Lincoln City

Some training ground work needs to be done on freekicks and throw ins. How many times today did we play a short freekick only to lose possession? Appleton will turn it around, eventually.

Called it as a 1-0.
After Tuesday’s mistakes and looking desperate for goals it was going to be a hard game.

Think the expectations are high from us (too high) and being told these signings are ‘marquee’ we expect them to be on it first whistle.

Teams are getting stronger around us, to be fair we are still a working progress with some to come in. Fitness will be on the method from September so although we can criticise justly we just need to stand back and…breathe.

Feel for Griffiths, he’s a young lad low in confidence that will get better.

"Biggest problem with the gk is his distribution... very nervy and indecisive. "

Absolutely. He is very indecisive with the ball at his feet. Pausing for 2-3 seconds before deciding what to do - and that is long enough for the opposition forwards to close us down. That means he has to kick it long - which he is not good at, and nor are we good at winning those type of balls without Hopper.

FFS all doom and gloom after 4 games, remember Oxford was bottom the league after 7 or 8 games last season and look where they finished at the end of the season.
But if they did not have a bad start they might of gone up automatically!

Going by the radio, sounds like the Bolton game again. We are simply creating nothing and not even working the keeper. Yes Wycombe are a tough side but we do need to focus on what matters and that is scoring goals. Bishop is our real hope at the minute but when will he be 90 mins fit.
Need to keep the faith but it is worrying even at this early stage.

Nah, the Bolton match was actually very entertaining. This one was dross.

Trotsky talked about "permanent revolution". We have a permanent injury/fitness crisis. Until we sort that, we're not going to win anything.
On top of that we have lost our top 5 performers from last season. Today we deserved a draw without being convincing

Fitness maybe, but injury-wise we are only really missing Montsma and Walsh now - and I thought Jackson and Melbourne did OK today. Jackson especially.

Fitness wise, maybe Bishop to come in - but I didn't think him and Fiorini did any better than Sorenson and McGrandles today.

Our problems at the moment run deeper than that. A mistake-prone keeper, and two full backs nowhere near the top of their game today. Plus the glaring one of course - the lack of a natural goalscorer.

Early days I guess. I'm sure this season will get going for us a bit later .A last minute winner at Wednesday during October should get things moving

Ma will not be happy poor game by both sides and a point dropped .Wycombe whilst not great know how to scrap it out. Going to be hard if hoppers out Scully is a different player but needs a hopper alongside him the other two lads for me at the moment are way off the mark . I like bishop and fiorini and if fit could make a difference the gk area needs addressing feel for the lad every time he seems to make a mistake it results in a goal and the defence looks uneasy because of it. Next week is a clean slate again and hopefully Ma has no extra injuries to contend with McGuire still a while away and as is Walsh so we have to make do and slug it out.. could be worse Ipswich Charlton and Doncaster still haven't won yet