Match Thread - Wycombe Wanderers F.C. vs Tottenham Hotspur - FA Cup | Page 7 | Vital Football

Match Thread - Wycombe Wanderers F.C. vs Tottenham Hotspur - FA Cup

Result?

• Win

Votes: 9 100.0%
  • Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Lose

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The difference the top class players make to this team, without Kane, Son, Ndombele and Hojbjerg we are a mid table team.

Ndombele really has bags of ability.

I’ve been calling for Vinicius to get more minutes in the league but I wasn’t that impressed tonight. A few nice touches early on but that’s about it. I suppose Jose knows best after all. He’s the one watching the lads train everyday.
TBF, I didn't think there was much chemistry between the front four of Moura, Lamela, Bale + Vin. Too many starting changes. A mistake that Jose keeps making imo....then slates the players!

TBF, I didn't think there was much chemistry between the front four of Moura, Lamela, Bale + Vin. Too many starting changes. A mistake that Jose keeps making imo....then slates the players!
They train every other day though.
It's not that hard.
Surely.
Against top notch defender I get it.
They were turgid.
Some bloke noone had ever heard of went off injured and they still couldn't work it out.

With Liverpool coming up Jose had no choice but trying to win it with squad players. Having said that the subs had a good workout to sharpen them up.
We created so many chances but couldnt finish, that's not a chemistry problem. Moura , Bale and Lamela did ok considering the rust.
With Ndomble scoring like that I'm not sure he should be directing from deep MF. I know it was Wycombe but he Berbatoved a pass out the sky like he had velcro boots, curled one in after creating room and cooly side footed first time finish. Asking him to run his socks off box to box all game will numb that sharpness.

With Liverpool coming up Jose had no choice but trying to win it with squad players. Having said that the subs had a good workout to sharpen them up.
We created so many chances but couldnt finish, that's not a chemistry problem. Moura , Bale and Lamela did ok considering the rust.
With Ndomble scoring like that I'm not sure he should be directing from deep MF. I know it was Wycombe but he Berbatoved a pass out the sky like he had velcro boots, curled one in after creating room and cooly side footed first time finish. Asking him to run his socks off box to box all game will numb that sharpness.
Good point re his forward play, but with no other playmaker in the team, well not of a notable calibre, he'd probably never see the ball and have to go looking for it ala Kane!

Caught the second half...so many wasted chances, I thought some of the guys were kicking balloons not footballs! Winks did atone for skying an earlier chance and N'Do sliced one that nearly went for a throw-in! Kane had a couple half chances smothered by their keeper, although I can't help but think that Harry would've done something other than try smashing the ball through the keeper, ahh well...they were half chances. Son missed a couple too...we're not going to make nearly as many chances against 'pool so we'll need to have our shooting boots on and clinical when the chances come. Bale had a few nice touches and showed that he does still have some pace by skinning their full-back a couple of times (he looked like his old self for some fleeting moments.

Ndombele was sumptuous in his second half cameo...more of the same in the next match please.

Well done Wycombe, you've gained my respect, all the best to you in your fight for survival!

I know critics will point out that it was only Wycome, but for the First time since he's been back I thought you could see signs that the old Bale was still in there.
Sure he lacked a bit of sharpness and missed a couple of decent chances, but if Jose can find a way to give him more game time his signing could still be crucial come back end of the season

We will not progress in this cup unless we drop the geriatric goalie. Bale looked like he has grasped the nettle. Sissoko was immense.

As I've said for awhile, we have to build a team around him and we looked so much better with Winks and PH in that midfield diamond.

He is a special player, the likes of which we may never see again in our lifetime ina Tottenham shirt.

But we do need to thank Levy for keeping his nerve when the shit was hitting the fan.

I know critics will point out that it was only Wycome, but for the First time since he's been back I thought you could see signs that the old Bale was still in there.
Sure he lacked a bit of sharpness and missed a couple of decent chances, but if Jose can find a way to give him more game time his signing could still be crucial come back end of the season

All he lacked last night is that bit of sharpness that comes from competitve football, if he can build on that performance, then our front three could still be the dream team of Bale, Harry and Son - now wouldn't that scare the living daylights out of the opposition.

All Jose would have to do is set us up to be positive and play at an attacking tempo.

Great Cup tie, all credit to High Wycombe who showed great discipline and fight - rode their luck but that was more down to our poor finishing than anything else.

knew they wouldn't be a push over and they played well above themselves, it was scary to see Toby struggling so badly against their striker, who looked like an absolute man mountain for a player and knew exactly how to use his strengths.

I seriously would go back and take another look at him, because if he can cause us the problems he did, he looked to me to be a serious contender for a plan b..

It's a problem of quality, end product, and sound decision making, that separates the good players from many of the bang-average ones we have.

Any team fielding a second eleven will struggle. Even against a lowly Championship side. But I never felt that we wouldn't get through the tie - by hook or by crook. All of these players need game time. And those opportunities are diminishing as we go into the second half of the season. Bale got his first full 90 minutes, so that's a bonus. I think it was the right team selection in the circumstances.

Any team fielding a second eleven will struggle. Even against a lowly Championship side. But I never felt that we wouldn't get through the tie - by hook or by crook. All of these players need game time. And those opportunities are diminishing as we go into the second half of the season. Bale got his first full 90 minutes, so that's a bonus. I think it was the right team selection in the circumstances.

We really should be giving much more credit into how their set-up and tactical plan worked so well, we just lacked that type of finishing we have come to expect, the only major frustration was how many times their off-side trap caught Vinnie - it was easy to see, yet he still didn't bend his runs - and for a striker that should be second nature when you come across a high back line.

Unless he does more, I wouldn't pay them a quarter of what we've supposedly agreed to spend on him, or I'd even consider sending him back. Their Striker was much more impressive.

We really should be giving much more credit into how their set-up and tactical plan worked so well, we just lacked that type of finishing we have come to expect, the only major frustration was how many times their off-side trap caught Vinnie - it was easy to see, yet he still didn't bend his runs - and for a striker that should be second nature when you come across a high back line.

Unless he does more, I wouldn't pay them a quarter of what we've supposedly agreed to spend on him, or I'd even consider sending him back. Their Striker was much more impressive.
I take it you're not talking about Adebayo Akinfenwa! Talk about longevity. They had 38 listed against his name. I'm not sure if that's his age or weight in stones.