Match Thread: Wigan Athletic v Lincoln City | Page 39 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Wigan Athletic v Lincoln City

Oh to be in a pub in Manchester right now, enjoying a weekend away. Oh to return to normal as soon as possible!

Just heard Coleman on R Lincs - hilarious!!

Assuming you mean John Coleman, I have never known someone whine so much when his team don't win. I have actually looked at the stats from their match today, and they had two more shots than Shrewsbury, but one less on target.

But, of course, Accrington deserved to win, blah blah blah.

This is my worry. Last weekend a lot of us, myself included, were saying we should rest one of Johnson or Rogers and play Scully or Anderson instead, and rotate the 4. It seems like we will have to go with Johnson and Rogers again on Thursday. From being seemingly well covered in most positions in January, we are now looking threadbare. No cover anywhere really outside of the full-back positions.

Think the answer is no, but are we able to bring Elbow back?
Bolton don't seem to be playing him anyway, or has he also gone and got injured too?

Think the answer is no, but are we able to bring Elbow back?
Bolton don't seem to be playing him anyway, or has he also gone and got injured too?

MA was asked about him in the pre-match Radio Lincs interview. He said he didn't even know if there was a call back option, and then that he would be very surprised if there was one. Seems to suggest he is away from the LNER for (at least) until July. On the plus'ish side, Archibald is not far from a return.

MA was asked about him in the pre-match Radio Lincs interview. He said he didn't even know if there was a call back option, and then that he would be very surprised if there was one. Seems to suggest he is away from the LNER for (at least) until July. On the plus'ish side, Archibald is not far from a return.

Judging by Appleton’s comments on Elbouzedi‘s loan, it sounds like they aren’t particularly interested in him at the moment as you’d like to think he would know if he can be recalled or not. Not sure what the future holds for him as he didn’t even make their bench today. Another Aaron Lewis in the making? With Scully now injured, Johnson knackered and Archibald still not quite in the frame, we could have done with him back in the building, as our options are running very thin.

He did, got to know him quite well after his retirement from footy, an absolute gent.

Yes, Brian Heward went to Australia in the summer of 1964, played for a club there called Bankstown, but didn't settle in Australia and was back playing for City in the autumn of the same year. And glad we were to have him, but we still had a bad season, it being the mid-1960s.

He later became chairman of the Red Imps Association and was heavily involved with local business organisations (others may remember exactly in what way)

What’s Hopper’s recent goals record? He seems to have got quite a few recently, which given it was his main area to improve (for me) is very pleasing.