Match Thread: Wigan Athletic v Lincoln City | Page 33 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Wigan Athletic v Lincoln City

I think that's what might be described as a "scruffy win", playing the conditions as well as a committed opposing team fighting for their lives. And have to say we rode our luck. It's the points that count. And Hull and Donny did us a favour too. Still top. Who would have believed we'd be in this position at the start of the season?

won ugly which is always nice.
sat back, sat back, sat back after scoring, and it worked, but wow wigan missed half a dozen opportunities. so from that point of view it failed ))) might be due to general fatigue though.

not great viewing to be outfought, or brought down to the level of a bottom 6 team, or whatever that was. and also to be struggling again when dealing with a gusty wind.
anyone noticed that we are no longer finishing games as the strongest team?

a lovely glimpse of quality in the second goal though. palmer-rogers-grant-hopper-boom. and 3pts. so it is a good weekend yet again.
ut.

I think we got a little lucky today. The players battled to the end, but the defending was getting so deep after Hoppers goal, that i feared we would end up behind Palmers goal line.

Superb pass from Grant and finish from Hopper for the goal. I just hope all the injuries to major players that we are getting doesn’t ruin our excellent season.

Game could have gone either we hung in took our chances to be honest wigan probably deserved something but we could say the same v Donny. Seen some criticism of bramhall hes still coming into Ma way of playing remember edun got the same. Mistakes will happen lets just not be too harsh. Games are taking there toll onplayers but its the same for all 24 teams

Thanks again for your company imps. I’m slightly worse for wear but off to make a chicken madras for later. What could possibly go wrong.

Its been a tough few weeks. As some of you know my 84 year old mum in a care home caught Covid. All 7 of them in the Lincolnshire home survived and made a full recovery. Then a few days later my mum had a fall and broke her hip. You couldn’t make it up.

i couldn’t visit her in Lincoln County Hospital as they said no visitors. She refused an ECG asking for my dad (Died in 2019). After pretending to be my dad over the surgeons phone (mum has dementia) she agreed. Bottom line full hip replacement and all is well.

Apologies for the download but I needed to vent amongst my fellow imps.

enjoy the rest of the weekend. UTI 🔴⚪

Who is the third horse? Hull are close but have played 2 games more than us and Posh. If we take 2pts a game each, then we are 7 and 6pts clear respectively.

This league is up & down. One team in form for a month & then bosh. Donny, Hull, Pompey and next ..................... Posh & Becks! The only consistent has been us !! Yes thrown a way a few points and we just do not quite create enough. However, its grind it out time.

If we can & its an if we win 5 of our next 7 I think you will find we will have a decent lead. At that point I will expect Sundershite to have exploded after a good run. Its about being the most consistent team and to date the Imps have been that!!