The Shining is a hell of a film.

I quite enjoyed the sequel that came out recently

But you just cannot beat Kubrick as a film director

If you have ever studied film like I have you just know he is in the top 1

Last edited:
I quite enjoyed the sequel that came out recently

But you just cannot beat Kubric as a film director

If you have ever studied film like I have you just know he is in the top 1

The Dr Sleep film was fantastic. Good book, probably a better film. The scenes in the overlook were a very pleasant surprise.

Have you ever seen the documentary, Room 231?

The Dr Sleep film was fantastic. Good book, probably a better film. The scenes in the overlook were a very pleasant surprise.

Have you ever seen the documentary, Room 231?

No

Not even heard of it

Will check it out if I can find it

Edit**

Just looked it up

Room 237?

If so going to watch that tonight

No

Not even heard of it

Will check it out if I can find it
It's on Netflix still I think, or maybe Amazon

It's about the absolutely crazy conspiracy theories people have about the "true meaning" of the shining. Everything to it being Kubrick's message to the world that he faked the moon landings. These guys pull the film apart (the full version, not the UK version) and see things I didn't even imagine were possible.

Crazy as the people are, their reverence for Kubrick is something to behold and not misplaced

It's a group of people

One of our post production facilities was on Old Street in Shoreditch London

I started work one night at about 8 in the evening and finished at 4am ( shifts). In the morning a Banksy had been done across a bridge opposite my work place

It was lots riot police officers with the acid smiley face on them

Impossible for one person to have done it on the bridge on their own in that amount of time

Used to live around the corner from there, somewhere between Farringdon and Old Street. Great area.
Favela Chic, Electric ballroom, 333 everything in Hoxton square, Bar kick

Was your post place in editing, by any chance?
Kind of in the same thing, so small world and all that...

Used to live around the corner from there, somewhere between Farringdon and Old Street. Great area.

Yeah I was working for a company called Resolution
Mike Saunders was the owner at the time
We were doing Big Brother, Wife Swap Australia, Top Gear amongst other shows

We had 18 editing suites over 4 floors

The place was mental but it was fun working around that part of town as I had always been just off Wardour Street, Soho, Covent Garden, Trafalgar square and White City when working for the BBC

Used to love bar Kick

But all the French were too good at fooseball and it used to piss me off

Last edited:

Had a top night out at Mother Bar once, chap.

Must be over 15 years ago now. Is it still running as Mother Bar?

Yeah I was working for a company called Resolution
Mike Saunders was the owner at the time
We were doing Big Brother, Wife Swap Australia, Top Gear amongst other shows

We had 18 editing suites over 4 floors

The place was mental but it was fun working around that part of town as I had always been just off Wardour Street, Soho, Covent Garden, Trafalgar square and White City when working for the BBC

Used to love bar Kick

But all the French were too good at fooseball and it used to piss me off

Haha yeah there were some proper pros, in spite of the shit tables. Went there to watch some of the World Cup games 2018...in the basement with no air conditioning, but the crowd (Germany-Sweden, I think) made up for the sweltering heat.

Some interesting places towards Liverpool Street - The sports bar, Griffin, old axe to name three.

Had a top night out at Mother Bar once, chap.

Must be over 15 years ago now. Is it still running as Mother Bar?

think so mate, I’ve not lived in the area since 2012, but the old/big establishments still going strong.

electric showroom best of the lot, IMO.

cargo just behind the railway arches was always a laugh too, for those into their massive attack, drum and bass and hip hop.

think so mate, I’ve not lived in the area since 2012, but the old/big establishments still going strong.

cargo just behind the railway arches was always a laugh too, for those into their massive attack, drum and bass and hip hop.

That area was deadly around 2002 if you liked any underground house or techno and were into your pills.

then off to the after parties

I had a couple of friends who were studying at St Martins art college, like real artists, and they lived just off Old Street and they knew all the cool places to go to after... it also helped that one of my friends is John Peels son

I had sooo much fun in London ......did it properly

Yes. Been to Cargo for an all-day session on a Bank Holiday Sunday before. Was a techno event though.

It's the shots of Danny trucking round the hotel, with the 1970s carpets.

As well as the rest of it.

Good to see it again tonight, especially after a famous win.

That area was deadly around 2002 if you liked any underground house or techno and were into your pills.

then off to the after parties

I had a couple of friends who were studying at St Martins art college, like real artists, and they lived just off Old Street and they knew all the cool places to go to after... it also helped that one of my friends is John Peels son

I had sooo much fun in London ......did it properly

Good times, not really changed that much...but time doesn't wait for anybody.

Aussies i knew, back in the day, would regularly visit Mass (King's Cross) religiously (pardon the pun) every sunday. Don't think the night out would finish 'til Monday afternoon...alright for them as they wouldn't work a proper shift, but tricky for the rest of us with a 9-5.