Match thread - where is it. | Page 10 | Vital Football

Match thread - where is it.

Wow ...that was a rollercoaster...hopefully that will kickstart our season ... an anonymous performance from Lolley ended up with a most fortunate goal..but I take it ... this win will give in immense boost to the squad ... defence was solid today, especially Iannou in the second half ... Taylor did more in 15 minutes then Grabban did in 75 ... Ameobi unlucky with that post ... Yates was good same as Arter ... bring on Rotherham now... another win and the first 4 games will start to become something of the past .... performance wasnt premiership quality, but for now what matter is points on board...this is Houghtons pre season..

Ioannou looks very decent and i liked ribs. Big, composed, decent touch and pass.

Grabs was his usual workmanlike self but LT definitely livened things up

It has been a good day all round for the people of Nottingham; we won, County lost and it has been confirmed that the artwork on the side of AVI Hair and Beauty, which sits at the corner of Rothesay Avenue and Ilkeston Road, is in fact an authentic Banksy.

You can now look forward to a shed load of those London types, called Tarquin, Lucius or Peregrine, pouring into the area, telling you all how this will give voice to the politically and socially disenfranchised and how fortunate you all are.

Banksy? In radford you say?

Must call tarquin and chums to check on the socially disadvantaged

No one appears to know apart from him, but he has given indications that he does come from there.

I am surprised we did not attempt to sign him during the window; we had a go at just about everyone else.

It's a group of people

One of our post production facilities was on Old Street in Shoreditch London

I started work one night at about 8 in the evening and finished at 4am ( shifts). In the morning a Banksy had been done across a bridge opposite my work place

It was lots riot police officers with the acid smiley face on them

Impossible for one person to have done it on the bridge on their own in that amount of time

Last edited:
The work rate was excellent; the only way out of this is for them to roll their sleeves up and battle their way through it, and that is exactly what they did today.

Freeman caught my eye; we know what a talented player he is but his work rate today was phenomenal, his tackling and tracking back equally impressive, and he looks like a niggly, nasty tempered bastard.

We looked organised again, the defensive shape was back to what we expect and the passing and movement got better as the game went on.

We need a run of games now to build on that performance; I reckon 6 or 7 games and we should be able to see what this lot are made of.
Rotherham (H)
Derby (H)
Luton (A)
Boro (A)
Coventry (H)
Wycombe (H)

That is a hell of a lot of winnable games. Boro and Luton the toughest, Derby obviously can go any way. But I would rate the toughest game of the start of Hughton's forest career as the one he's just won

Knockart will replace Lolley nd if Grosiki deal goes ahead he will replace Ameobi ...that's why those two r coming ( nd not to sit on the bench)...
They are coming to give competition, they had to play through injuries last season lolleys still not right, I expect knockart to start Tuesday probably for him which will give him time to recover.

Rotherham (H)
Derby (H)
Luton (A)
Boro (A)
Coventry (H)
Wycombe (H)

That is a hell of a lot of winnable games. Boro and Luton the toughest, Derby obviously can go any way. But I would rate the toughest game of the start of Hughton's forest career as the one he's just won
I would normally expect 12-15 points from that lot but then the league is so open that anything is possible.

I would normally expect 12-15 points from that lot but then the league is so open that anything is possible.
Get into a good rhythm and some confidence and 16-18 points is possible.

Key thing is, a good run in some winnable games and we could end up being there or thereabouts around the playoff places by the next international break. That would be an incredible turnaround