Match Thread: Wednesday Vs Forest, Sponsored by Wayne Rooney's Derby County's League One promotion push | Page 6 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Wednesday Vs Forest, Sponsored by Wayne Rooney's Derby County's League One promotion push

Touch of the SL attitude about this...
Cant be arsed to figure out what SL means, but the fact is neither club do I have any affection or much respect for, for different reasons.

It is also a fact that their attendances in the PL, particularly in Wigan's case, do not put them in the same bracket as the others mentioned

Cant be arsed to figure out what SL means, but the fact is neither club do I have any affection or much respect for, for different reasons.

It is also a fact that their attendances in the PL, particularly in Wigan's case, do not put them in the same bracket as the others mentioned

Super League...

I didn't mind Wigan early on, good football on a reasonable budget and I enjoy disruption to hegemony.

Super League...

I didn't mind Wigan early on, good football on a reasonable budget and I enjoy disruption to hegemony.
Did you ever go to the JJB?

I went for their first two years up from L1 when they were fighting for promotion to the PL. I couldn't believe the fucking arrogance of their fans

Did you ever go to the JJB?

I went for their first two years up from L1 when they were fighting for promotion to the PL. I couldn't believe the fucking arrogance of their fans

I'm a bit more sanguine about arrogance than you, I know Brentford, Bournemouth and others really get under your skin but I mostly see it as pride and not dissimilar to the allegations most clubs make about the arrogance and entitlement of "We're Nottingham Forest we do what we like" fans.

It seems to be smaller clubs who try to play good football on a relatively limited budget with some success that really upset you.

If Rotherham sent both Wednesday and Derby down, you would have a League One featuring;

Wednesday
Derby
Ipswich
Charlton
Portsmouth (if not promoted)
Sunderland (if not promoted)
Bolton

Plus smaller clubs with a bit of recent history like Wigan and Blackpool.

That's a hell of a lot of competition for promotion

All of those clubs have been in the PL more recently than us.

I'm a bit more sanguine about arrogance than you, I know Brentford, Bournemouth and others really get under your skin but I mostly see it as pride and not dissimilar to the allegations most clubs make about the arrogance and entitlement of "We're Nottingham Forest we do what we like" fans.

It seems to be smaller clubs who try to play good football on a relatively limited budget with some success that really upset you.
That is merely your projection because you see that as an inherent difference in viewpoint between yourself and myself.

A club being small, playing what you consider good football and not spending what you consider to be lots of money (of course, that is net of any sales, because in your view they haven't really spent anything if they have sold first); these things are important to you, but are things I generally don't give a shit about.

What pisses me off is actually the hypocrisy of attitudes; the assumption that a club like forests' fans are arrogant, entitled and belittling/ dismissive of other "smaller" clubs that they should show respect for (regardless of whether this actually happens or not); whilst their fans show exactly that attitude to forest fans as soon as they have a superior team and prospects.

Sorry, you don't get to becry the arrogance of fans you've barely ever met and then act all Billy big bollocks yourself. Humility goes all ways, as does hubris.

All of those clubs have been in the PL more recently than us.
Not sure how that is relevant, but I count 44 teams of the 92 that have been in the PL more recently than us- just less than half the league

That includes two teams who currently reside in League Two

That is merely your projection because you see that as an inherent difference in viewpoint between yourself and myself.

A club being small, playing what you consider good football and not spending what you consider to be lots of money (of course, that is net of any sales, because in your view they haven't really spent anything if they have sold first); these things are important to you, but are things I generally don't give a shit about.

What pisses me off is actually the hypocrisy of attitudes; the assumption that a club like forests' fans are arrogant, entitled and belittling/ dismissive of other "smaller" clubs that they should show respect for (regardless of whether this actually happens or not); whilst their fans show exactly that attitude to forest fans as soon as they have a superior team and prospects.

Sorry, you don't get to becry the arrogance of fans you've barely ever met and then act all Billy big bollocks yourself. Humility goes all ways, as does hubris.

Yes good football, we've established long ago you prefer dour backs to the wall defensive direct football to open, expansive attacking play.

The hypocrisy is yours, you do single out clubs that you perceive as being smaller than us, yet have more success with a style we've not seen for years.

My point is that fans are the same at every club: proud, jealous, bitter, arrogant, disdainful etc etc. It's you who singles out a particular type because of your own biases.

Yes good football, we've established long ago you prefer dour backs to the wall defensive direct football to open, expansive attacking play.

The hypocrisy is yours, you do single out clubs that you perceive as being smaller than us, yet have more success with a style we've not seen for years.

My point is that fans are the same at every club: proud, jealous, bitter, arrogant, disdainful etc etc. It's you who singles out a particular type because of your own biases.
I have singled out particular clubs based on particular experiences; you are imagining these into "types" based on criteria that You care about but that matter not a jot to me.

I have had specific experiences with Brentford and Wigan fans in person that shapes my view of those clubs, and with Bournemouth online.

I have never met a Blackpool fan I didn't like; in their case it's merely the club's extraordinary rate of playoff success that irritates me (IE pure jealousy).

On the contrary, I wish Barnsley nothing but success in the playoffs this season. Barnsley was my first ever away game, and whilst we rarely win there and the whole scabs thing is annoying, I have nothing against the club.

I could go through a lot of clubs that meet your criteria and have been in the PL more recently than we have, and which I have no issue with

I have singled out particular clubs based on particular experiences; you are imagining these into "types" based on criteria that You care about but that matter not a jot to me.

I have had specific experiences with Brentford and Wigan fans in person that shapes my view of those clubs, and with Bournemouth online.

I have never met a Blackpool fan I didn't like; in their case it's merely the club's extraordinary rate of playoff success that irritates me (IE pure jealousy).

On the contrary, I wish Barnsley nothing but success in the playoffs this season. Barnsley was my first ever away game, and whilst we rarely win there and the whole scabs thing is annoying, I have nothing against the club.

I could go through a lot of clubs that meet your criteria and have been in the PL more recently than we have, and which I have no issue with

Blackpool and Barnsley had reputations for good football?

So you've made your mind up on about tens of thousands of people on the basis of the half dozen you met? Cool beans, that's definitive then. I'm sure if the reverse happened opposition fans couldn't possibly meet a handful of repugnant forest fans?

Blackpool and Barnsley had reputations for good football?

So you've made your mind up on about tens of thousands of people on the basis of the half dozen you met? Cool beans, that's definitive then. I'm sure if the reverse happened opposition fans couldn't possibly meet a handful of repugnant forest fans?
No, I haven't made my mind up about anything, any more than is the case in any stereotype.

You'll largely find me couching my comments within my own experiences.

Not sure why you feel an urgent need to chew this particular bone at close to midnight in a Saturday. Is the malt running low?

No, I haven't made my mind up about anything, any more than is the case in any stereotype.

You'll largely find me couching my comments within my own experiences.

Not sure why you feel an urgent need to chew this particular bone at close to midnight in a Saturday. Is the malt running low?

No malt tonight...just amused me how you look down on clubs for arrogance whilst looking down on them for being smaller and more successful.

No malt tonight...just amused me how you look down on clubs for arrogance whilst looking down on them for being smaller and more successful.
I wasn't looking down on them- I was singling them out for representing a crowded market of competition for whoever gets relegated.

I'm looking at size largely in terms of crowd size, fanbase and potential resources; those two are not on the same level as the others in that regard; partly why they have fallen on even harder timee