Match Thread; Watford Vs Forest, sponsored by... Any businesses left in Nottingham? | Page 14 | Vital Football

Match Thread; Watford Vs Forest, sponsored by... Any businesses left in Nottingham?

Without worrying about Rotherham, we're 5 points clear of Birmingham.

Unless we self-destruct completely, we'll finish ahead of Wednesday and Wycombe, so only need one other team to stay behind us.

Still hope we'll get a few points from the tough run ahead, and not need to worry too much.
Id fancy Rotherham to win at least one of thier 3 in hand, contrary to us they do seem to score goals, Id fancy them more than Blues at the moment at least

I didn't quite appreciate how much trouble Wednesday are in.

7 points adrift, five straight defeats... And I wouldn't fancy their fixtures

Screenshot_20210306-201603_Samsung Internet.jpg

Those last three fixtures could bee we awful for them if all three opponents need something from the game. Like you I think they are gone.
Good points there Pope and Basha. Still can't help feeling we will be right up against it come early April after losing the next 4/5 games. Maybe a point at best, and then we are under the same pressure for the remainder of the games.
We have to fluke 3 or 4 points from these next 4 games

I didn't quite appreciate how much trouble Wednesday are in.

7 points adrift, five straight defeats... And I wouldn't fancy their fixtures

View attachment 46603

Sheep should’ve had a points deduction as well they did exactly the same as Wednesday I don’t see how they will avoid it next season without their alleged takeover

I personally think mad Mel knew the takeover wouldn’t happen but has used it to rob Peter to pay Paul. I’d like to add for my crack lawyers that is very much my thoughts & very much allegedly

They’ve also got to pay mistakeogh £2m I don’t want to get into the rights & wrongs of that whole incident as it’s been done before but what they did to mistakeogh was disgusting. Should’ve sacked all involved & it wouldn’t come back to bite them but again mad Mel thinks something will come & save him.

I bet the EFL cannot wait to fuck over the immoral cheating ****

Last edited:
Watching Brennan Johnson's assist and goal today, I worry less about next season - provided we do stay up.

Shouldn't be a problem, though I don't like the way sides are lining up to be 2 points behind us.

We have to play him next season.

Bong is wank. Never play him again.

Teach the players to cross and play a proper final ball.

Sign Garner.

Find a striker that combines the positive attributes of Murray, Grabban and Taylor.

Do all of those things and we should at least make Playoffs next season.

Sign Garner.

Find a striker that combines the positive attributes of Murray, Grabban and Taylor.

The problem with Bong yesterday was that his direct opponent was very good. He couldn't cope with him. I think Watford front line showed quality and it wasn't easy not even for the other three at the back. We have to be honest here, even Worrall yesterday was guilty of a couple of suicide passes but in the eyes of the fans he gets away with them as he is Worrall. I don't see what is wrong with Blackett and why is not given a start. In the few minutes that he comes on he looks good. He is also tall, and this can help in corners. See alot of similarity with Christie in him, and let's be honest, Christie isn't performing too badly. I think he crosses balls in the box and danger area more than the wingers.
Our main problems are on the wings and at the front.
This year our wingers never reached a similar level to early last year. Maybe I am in the minority here but I not impressed by Knockaert. He is more if a comedian/ magician, that attracts attention but apart from the odd primadonna act his whole contribution to the team isn't that too great. What he does is just for himself, starts protesting and passing off refs from the kick off risking yellow cards for dissent. Look yesterday, the ref shuts him down early on....yellow card after 10 minutes, and he was ineffective all game.
The use of Freeman on the other wing is another mystery. Compare him with Watfords wingers. We are in March and we keep experimenting with a player that is not even ours, just let Mighten enjoy z run of games, at least he is ours, if he turns that is not good enough we sell him tona L1 club. Sitting on the bench we will not sell him even to Notts County in the Conference.
The striker situation is a disaster. We started the season with what is supposed to be a proven top scorer, in a year and a half he scored no more than half a dozen. We signed the top scorer of another team, but we never knew how to use him properly.
Taylor us 31, knowing that he doesn't have a future here. He already fainted an injury at his old club when he realised that he was leaving. Demotivating him will result in a similar scenario. If he is good enough or no, that is another issue. That is something that those who brought him here should respond to.
Now we are persisting with a 37 year old player that came here to play the odd 30 minutes and see if he can continue another season or hang his boots. He never was an Ibrahimovic and like the later there aren't many around. Its not fair on him and not fair on the team.
If those areas I highlighted are addressed properly, we will be seeing a different team down there ( not just in faces).
Its a question of confidence and shared responsibility. Its not fair blaming Figi on making a mistake or two because the rest of the team is not capable of pinning the opposition in their area fir more than 3 minutes.
When we put pressure on the opposition in their half, the backbone is less prone to mistakes, but many in here look too much at the episodes instead of the whole picture.

Sign Garner.

Hopefully we can get back to the championship at the first attempt chap.

We're fine, we'll dour our way to safety with little trouble.
Are you trying to convince us or yourself chap? After last season I wouldn't put anything past us, such as being involved at the end regards the 3rd relegation place.We don't look capable of scoring and I feel we are relying on other teams to be more crap than us.Never a good sign that chap.

Watching Brennan Johnson's assist and goal today, I worry less about next season - provided we do stay up.

Shouldn't be a problem, though I don't like the way sides are lining up to be 2 points behind us.

We have to play him next season.
Agree he should be playing regularly for us next season.We need hungry young players playing with some attacking freedom who are not afraid to run at the opposition.Good to see Swan scoring for Port Vale yesterday too.

Would also look at trying to sign Mallik Wilks from Hull as a wide or central attacking player who looks very good. There is some quality in the lower leagues and we need to look out for young determined players.

Hopefully we can get back to the championship at the first attempt chap.

Yes. Of course I was referring to League One playoffs. It would be so embarrassing not to make them at the first time of asking again chap.

I don't even think about relegation, there are several teams in this comp that are worse than us. But we just don't have goal scorers that are any good, and if it's old has beens that we are going to have to rely on next season then we could be in trouble. It seems obvious that either cash is not available or we're going to have to rely on youngsters that still have to prove themselves in this division. And that's apart from a lack of goal scoring chances.
I'm starting to feel a bit of sympathy for CH, he just may be on a hiding to nothing.

Just a warning; we are in exactly the same position after 35 games as we were in 2017, when we stayed up on goal difference.

We'd actually won more games and scored more goals

We are 5 points better off than when we survived in 2012

We are only 3 points better off than in 2009

And we are only 4 points better off than 2005, when we were relegated

The only way we won’t get dragged back in is if a team’s form below us absolutely drops off a cliff. Coventry and Derby will be ok they score goals. I expect they will finish above us. Huddersfield get the odd result and Rotherham work hard and have games in hand. That leaves Birmingham and us and we can’t score goals...

The only way we won’t get dragged back in is if a team’s form below us absolutely drops off a cliff. Coventry and Derby will be ok they score goals. I expect they will finish above us. Huddersfield get the odd result and Rotherham work hard and have games in hand. That leaves Birmingham and us and we can’t score goals...
Derby have scored fewer goals than us.

Coventry have only scored four more, but have conceded 12 more goals than we have.

We are extremely poor scorers (I think 4th or 5th lowest scorers in the league) but crucially, when we do score we tend to get a result, so long as we aren't already 2-0 down. If we get ahead we always get a result.

Our biggest problem is that we have yet to pull off a single "surprise" result all season. I always think that a club doesn't stay up without pulling a shock result out if the bag away to one of the top teams.

I think we have scored one point all season (at home) to any team in the top six at the time of playing them all season. We should have got that result at Swansea; instead, we contrived to lose a game we were totally on top of (in fairness, that is the season Swansea are having; I can't remember a team less deserving of chasing promotion than that lot)

Sign Garner.

Loan Garnz for the season, we’ll never be able to buy him.