Match Thread; Watford Vs Forest, sponsored by... Any businesses left in Nottingham? | Page 5 | Vital Football

Match Thread; Watford Vs Forest, sponsored by... Any businesses left in Nottingham?

If there’s 2 minutes of added on time but the balls gone out for 2 set pieces, the watch should be stopped and we get an extra 30 seconds to whip a corner in.

Completely predictable and squarely Hughton's fault. Idgaf if people come with their condescending shit, if he doesn't react to this, even if it results in a loss (Watford are no mugs), I dont want him trying to take us forward next season.

I'd drop Krov back with Garner, Blacket on for bong, Lolley for Yates and Taylor for Murray with Freeman behind him. If he rolls the same 11 out for the 2nd half I give up.

Easy to blame Hughton but the reality is he doesn’t exactly have options.

Samba has been dodgy as fuck, Bong and Ribeiro are both sub-standard and McKenna is made of biscuits.

Cafu is erratic at best and Colback gives us nothing going forwards.

Up front, Grabban is injured, Taylor isn’t good enough and Murray is old and slow.

Then you have Knockaert, Ameobi, Freeman, Lolley and Mighten who all have issues and/or limitations.

So just who does he pick? Whatever side he puts out we complain about and pick apart but the reality is he inherited this group and is effectively having to limp to the end of the season.

Completely predictable and squarely Hughton's fault. Idgaf if people come with their condescending shit, if he doesn't react to this, even if it results in a loss (Watford are no mugs), I dont want him trying to take us forward next season.
This one game?

I'm not being condescending here, I'm asking for clarification- are you saying that you don't want him as manager this season if he doesn't make the subs you want in this half?

Samba has been dodgy as fuck, Bong and Ribeiro are both sub-standard and McKenna is made of biscuits.

Up front, Grabban is injured, Taylor isn’t good enough and Murray is old and slow.

Then you have Knockaert, Ameobi, Freeman, Lolley and Mighten who all have issues and/or limitations.

So just who does he pick? Whatever side he puts out we complain about and pick apart but the reality is he inherited this group and is effectively having to limp to the end of the season.
I agree with most of that.

But Bong/Freeman were torn apart against Coventry. That should be enough to teach you that it isn't a viable combination, especially against a top side.

Sky pushing the narrative that the enlightened know that Yates is incredible. I'd like to offer the counter argument that his best work is in defending situations that his lack of midfield presence massively helps create.
i dont undersdtand where Sow is, hes our best midfielder, end of

Back to where we where in December it seems.
Midfield being over run, only Garner comes out from this with some credit, the other midfielders are a comedy act. We have a winger that only means and open his arms, another winger....do we have another winger? Is Yates better than Cafu? At least no one can blame Cafu now and Krovanovic, I think he is the only number ten that is shy of scoring or even shooting at goal. What about Murry? Poor fella, their defenders know him by hart and are anticipating every move, waste of space. At the back Bong, is being shredded to pieces by their winger. Some credit to Figi and Joe, but now expect a mistake from Figi and he will be crucified.
What about that comedy from Samba? Hd was so embarrassed by the goal conceded he fainted an injury...
Both wingers and striker must be changed at half time and not on the 70th minute. That will be a de motivated sub and who comes will not be arsed much...especially if we are still behind.

Poor defending by Bong for the goal. He is being skinned by Sarr. He should be subbed.

Also Knocky ball watching and not tracking back to the scorer.

Forest 12th in the championship on XG, 23rd on chance conversion and 24th on shooting accuracy. Says it all. I could do better!

Back to where we where in December it seems.
Midfield being over run, only Garner comes out from this with some credit, the other midfielders are a comedy act. We have a winger that only means and open his arms, another winger....do we have another winger? Is Yates better than Cafu? At least no one can blame Cafu now and Krovanovic, I think he is the only number ten that is shy of scoring or even shooting at goal. What about Murry? Poor fella, their defenders know him by hart and are anticipating every move, waste of space. At the back Bong, is being shredded to pieces by their winger. Some credit to Figi and Joe, but now expect a mistake from Figi and he will be crucified.
What about that comedy from Samba? Hd was so embarrassed by the goal conceded he fainted an injury...
Both wingers and striker must be changed at half time and not on the 70th minute. That will be a de motivated sub and who comes will not be arsed much...especially if we are still behind.

A kick on the head is hardly feigning injury.

Bong struggling against Sarr.

Worrall and Yates have both made a couple of mistakes but also done well at other times. Knockaert too, I guess - but he's starting to really annoy me. Why refuse to retreat ten yards defending a corner when you're on a yellow card?

Sky commentators anxious to promote ludicrous penalty claims when the ball bounced off Worrall's thigh onto his elbow and out for a corner.

Intelligent run by Freeman from the free kick, unlucky to be fractionally offside.

I suppose we're doing well to still be in the game. Need to be stronger second half.

tho surely the sign of a good manager is improving the players you have despite theier limitations. Whos improved in the last year?

Bong struggling against Sarr.

Worrall and Yates have both made a couple of mistakes but also done well at other times. Knockaert too, I guess - but he's starting to really annoy me. Why refuse to retreat ten yards defending a corner when you're on a yellow card?

Sky commentators anxious to promote ludicrous penalty claims when the ball bounced off Worrall's thigh onto his elbow and out for a corner.

Intelligent run by Freeman from the free kick, unlucky to be fractionally offside.

I suppose we're doing well to still be in the game. Need to be stronger second half.
We are only still in this because they are on cruise control, if they step it up they could get a few more.

I agree with most of that.

But Bong/Freeman were torn apart against Coventry. That should be enough to teach you that it isn't a viable combination, especially against a top side.
I still think Hughton sees Freeman’s potential and is trying to get him to realise it. Not the right selection for today’s game, certainly though.