Match Thread; Watford Vs Forest, sponsored by... Any businesses left in Nottingham? | Page 15 | Vital Football

Match Thread; Watford Vs Forest, sponsored by... Any businesses left in Nottingham?

I don't even think about relegation, there are several teams in this comp that are worse than us. But we just don't have goal scorers that are any good, and if it's old has beens that we are going to have to rely on next season then we could be in trouble. It seems obvious that either cash is not available or we're going to have to rely on youngsters that still have to prove themselves in this division. And that's apart from a lack of goal scoring chances.
I'm starting to feel a bit of sympathy for CH, he just may be on a hiding to nothing.
We sold Cash at the end of last season...AS WELL YOU KNOW young chap!

Assuming we survive this season I honestly think that if we give Hughton the resources we will be challenging at the right end of the table next season,

My only real fear in that is the fact that it is becoming too obvious that Worrall deserves to have a shot in the premier league and teams are going to be eyeing a move for him in the close season. I can’t see us holding on to him for another season if I am honest.

The problem with Bong yesterday was that his direct opponent was very good. He couldn't cope with him. I think Watford front line showed quality and it wasn't easy not even for the other three at the back. We have to be honest here, even Worrall yesterday was guilty of a couple of suicide passes but in the eyes of the fans he gets away with them as he is Worrall. I don't see what is wrong with Blackett and why is not given a start. In the few minutes that he comes on he looks good. He is also tall, and this can help in corners. See alot of similarity with Christie in him, and let's be honest, Christie isn't performing too badly. I think he crosses balls in the box and danger area more than the wingers.
Our main problems are on the wings and at the front.
This year our wingers never reached a similar level to early last year. Maybe I am in the minority here but I not impressed by Knockaert. He is more if a comedian/ magician, that attracts attention but apart from the odd primadonna act his whole contribution to the team isn't that too great. What he does is just for himself, starts protesting and passing off refs from the kick off risking yellow cards for dissent. Look yesterday, the ref shuts him down early on....yellow card after 10 minutes, and he was ineffective all game.
The use of Freeman on the other wing is another mystery. Compare him with Watfords wingers. We are in March and we keep experimenting with a player that is not even ours, just let Mighten enjoy z run of games, at least he is ours, if he turns that is not good enough we sell him tona L1 club. Sitting on the bench we will not sell him even to Notts County in the Conference.
The striker situation is a disaster. We started the season with what is supposed to be a proven top scorer, in a year and a half he scored no more than half a dozen. We signed the top scorer of another team, but we never knew how to use him properly.
Taylor us 31, knowing that he doesn't have a future here. He already fainted an injury at his old club when he realised that he was leaving. Demotivating him will result in a similar scenario. If he is good enough or no, that is another issue. That is something that those who brought him here should respond to.
Now we are persisting with a 37 year old player that came here to play the odd 30 minutes and see if he can continue another season or hang his boots. He never was an Ibrahimovic and like the later there aren't many around. Its not fair on him and not fair on the team.
If those areas I highlighted are addressed properly, we will be seeing a different team down there ( not just in faces).
Its a question of confidence and shared responsibility. Its not fair blaming Figi on making a mistake or two because the rest of the team is not capable of pinning the opposition in their area fir more than 3 minutes.
When we put pressure on the opposition in their half, the backbone is less prone to mistakes, but many in here look too much at the episodes instead of the whole picture.

Bong had the best wide man in the division up against him. Lolley coming on gave him far more cover. Worrall was good again but suffers from lack of movement in front of him. I agree Knockheart is rubbish. Gives it away far too often, is wasteful, niggly and fails to cover. I also agree we should be giving Mighten a run of games rather than assisting Blades in preparing their winger. Murray is a final 20 mins sub. Why is it we all see it but CH perseveres with the long game of hoping to get loanees on the cheap.

Bong had the best wide man in the division up against him. Lolley coming on gave him far more cover. Worrall was good again but suffers from lack of movement in front of him. I agree Knockheart is rubbish. Gives it away far too often, is wasteful, niggly and fails to cover. I also agree we should be giving Mighten a run of games rather than assisting Blades in preparing their winger. Murray is a final 20 mins sub. Why is it we all see it but CH perseveres with the long game of hoping to get loanees on the cheap.

Bong was completely and utterly useless though, Sarr is decent but he isn't Messi Bong did not stop him once I don't think. He's been terrible the last few he's played, Riberio is far more reliable I've no idea why he keeps rotating them? Mighten I agree he should be getting more time to gain experience, 2 goals 1 assist is better than Freeman and in a lot less minutes Freeman isn't fit or fast enough to play wide.

Wonder why Colback hasn't been used alongside Garner too? Having McKenna and hopefully Grabban back will be a little boost. Must play Ribs, and agree Mighten needs more of a chance. Lolley looked the best I've seen in weeks when he came on.

I like Knocks a lot for his ability. For these next 5 games I would run 3 at the back (Soh, Worrall, McKenna) in a 3-4-3. We aren't winning any of them anyway, so try something different for once

Lolley Garner Sow Ribs

Knocks Grabs Mighten

Bong was completely and utterly useless though, Sarr is decent but he isn't Messi Bong did not stop him once I don't think. He's been terrible the last few he's played, Riberio is far more reliable I've no idea why he keeps rotating them? Mighten I agree he should be getting more time to gain experience, 2 goals 1 assist is better than Freeman and in a lot less minutes Freeman isn't fit or fast enough to play wide.

Saar tbf is easily PL standard.

Wonder why Colback hasn't been used alongside Garner too? Having McKenna and hopefully Grabban back will be a little boost. Must play Ribs, and agree Mighten needs more of a chance. Lolley looked the best I've seen in weeks when he came on.

I like Knocks a lot for his ability. For these next 5 games I would run 3 at the back (Soh, Worrall, McKenna) in a 3-4-3. We aren't winning any of them anyway, so try something different for once

Lolley Garner Sow Ribs

Knocks Grabs Mighten

Because he was an utter waste of money.

Bong had a bad time yesterday and was skinned for the goal ...but watch the replay and the real defensive mistake there was the second defender. They were doubling up to defend against Sarr as he was an obvious threat down the right and Yates was the second defender. But he assumes the ball is safe as bong looks to have closed out the threat, so he leaves his role and he and fig have a discussion about who to mark. Neither of them cover the area where Sarr pushes into to make the cross.
We have been pretty well organized at the back but that was a team fail.
Watford are a good side, better than us, and we need to improve up front. We are relying far too heavily on the defense to bail us out and the forwards need to pull their weight too.

i said at the time that to me, with all his contacts and years in the game and us desperately needing goals since the day he arrived the fact that he didnt have one little nugget for us; no young player or player with pace or confidence or personality that he personally rated somewhere or was on fire or was real value for money. Just an ex 37 year old not getting games and wanted 30 thousand pounds a week to play.. it was a bit wank really.

Bong had a bad time yesterday and was skinned for the goal ...but watch the replay and the real defensive mistake there was the second defender. They were doubling up to defend against Sarr as he was an obvious threat down the right and Yates was the second defender. But he assumes the ball is safe as bong looks to have closed out the threat, so he leaves his role and he and fig have a discussion about who to mark. Neither of them cover the area where Sarr pushes into to make the cross.
We have been pretty well organized at the back but that was a team fail.
Watford are a good side, better than us, and we need to improve up front. We are relying far too heavily on the defense to bail us out and the forwards need to pull their weight too.

whether people rate Ribs too highly or not (i like his steady combative style) I dont think theres a single fan thinks Bong is better

whether people rate Ribs too highly or not (i like his steady combative style) I dont think theres a single fan thinks Bong is better
What's wrong with Blackett? That is the mystery...and he is our player that will be here next season...

i said at the time that to me, with all his contacts and years in the game and us desperately needing goals since the day he arrived the fact that he didnt have one little nugget for us; no young player or player with pace or confidence or personality that he personally rated somewhere or was on fire or was real value for money. Just an ex 37 year old not getting games and wanted 30 thousand pounds a week to play.. it was a bit wank really.

Do you think that available cash or lack there of may have had something to do with it ?

Derby have scored fewer goals than us.

Coventry have only scored four more, but have conceded 12 more goals than we have.

We are extremely poor scorers (I think 4th or 5th lowest scorers in the league) but crucially, when we do score we tend to get a result, so long as we aren't already 2-0 down. If we get ahead we always get a result.

Our biggest problem is that we have yet to pull off a single "surprise" result all season. I always think that a club doesn't stay up without pulling a shock result out if the bag away to one of the top teams.

I think we have scored one point all season (at home) to any team in the top six at the time of playing them all season. We should have got that result at Swansea; instead, we contrived to lose a game we were totally on top of (in fairness, that is the season Swansea are having; I can't remember a team less deserving of chasing promotion than that lot)
Forest drew 0-0 with Watford at home and 0-0 with Bournemouth at home.......

Do you think that available cash or lack there of may have had something to do with it ?
not, really they gave Murray 30k a week for 6 months, thats a young talents first 18 months wages right there. Besides, I meant like a nuggest, not a big spend ;)

What's wrong with Blackett? That is the mystery...and he is our player that will be here next season...
Havnt seen enough of him, doesnt look a natural left back tho, a wing back maybe if he can cross the ball or left of 3 at the back, he looks strong