Match Thread: Villa v West Ham under the Monday Night Lights | Page 4 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Villa v West Ham under the Monday Night Lights

We may spend some time in the bottom 3 but we have to stay calm and support the team which we will, wehave to fight for every point and stay in the mix after 19 games.

That is a problem because the crowd will start to get on their backs, the media will be rolling out doing a fulham bit. Players lose confidence and then it all goes tits up.
which is what will happen to 3 teams this season, we just have to make sure we are not one of them by winning our home games

Erod always used to tell me (and statistics say) we will not lose this one as Villa Park is a bogey ground for WHU just as Upton Park was for us. Here are our stats;

At VP played 53 won 26 drawn 18 lost 9; goals for 102 against 59

Away played 51 won 12 drawn 13 lost 26; goals for 58 against 93

Under the floodlights with the famous Villa Park roar this should be our night regardless of Mr Dean! UTV!

Without getting greedy, a win is what matters but just imagine a win by 2 or 3 clear goals? It would take a lot of pressure off us with every pundit out there saying we’ll be down there

At half time on Saturday we are out of the bottom three, having been replaced by Wolves, thanks to two goals from Tammy.

Going to be a long season - all games are big games now, my question is how long will Wolves and Watford stay in the bottom 3 because the bottom 8 as it stands I would say is our competition now.

I feel like this game heavily rests on Mings and Engels containing Haller and McGinn and Grealish overwhelming Rice. Once you're past him you have to be looking to get goals because it has been picked up by most outlets that theyre fragile in the back.

I am going for 2-1 or 3-2 win for us.

Win tomorrow and we'll hit 13th, and both our fellow promotees Sheffield and Norwich will be below us. Draw and we'll edge out of the bottom 3. Lose ...

It's not at all critical. But there's undoubtedly pressure. Lawro has us to win 2-1. I hope he's right.