Match Thread: Villa V Swansea, Saturday, 20th Oct, 3.00 PM | Page 4 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Villa V Swansea, Saturday, 20th Oct, 3.00 PM

Personally I will settle for a boring counter attacking style just as long as we don't lose.

Hogan maybe?

Why?

I've always been very supportive of Hogan, but he's just been long time injured and Kodjia and Abraham are both playing well and scoring goals.

Scoring and forward play isn't really our problem, it's at the back we need sorting out. Can't see Hogan being the answer to that, so to suggest he get thrown in just coz he's ex- Brentford seems a little daft.

Smith could use the match to play some of those players on the fringe, giving some of those who've been away a bit of time to recover; we have 3 matches over 6 days coming up. And unless he's going to ditch them straight away he needs to play those fringe players at some point to find out whether they're any good.

So can see Hogan and Lansbury playing some part.

The big shock would be to see Richards in defence. Is he really not fit enough to play?

Don't know about that McP his first game in front of a full house against one of the better teams in the division can't see him taking any chances in this one unless it's a tactical switch.

According to the website, and if my maths is ok, only about 16 tickets left. This should be some day, hopefully one of those "I was there!" moments we all long for and cherish forever.

Sit in and defend deep for 70 minutes and then try to get a 1 - 0 on a set play or something. Sorry thought Bruce was still manager, we will play them off the park and win 10 - 0 with JT in full kit.

Why?

I've always been very supportive of Hogan, but he's just been long time injured and Kodjia and Abraham are both playing well and scoring goals.

Scoring and forward play isn't really our problem, it's at the back we need sorting out. Can't see Hogan being the answer to that, so to suggest he get thrown in just coz he's ex- Brentford seems a little daft.
Cos he scored goals at Brentford when Smith was manager ... maybe