Match Thread: Villa V Swansea, Saturday, 20th Oct, 3.00 PM | Page 3 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Villa V Swansea, Saturday, 20th Oct, 3.00 PM

What price would I get on John Terry playing and being captain. I think (and hope) that this will be the situation up until the January window. If it is we could be "there or thereabouts" come Christmas :yes:;)

What price would I get on John Terry playing and being captain. I think (and hope) that this will be the situation up until the January window. If it is we could be "there or thereabouts" come Christmas :yes:;)
Yes we should have got over losing six players in the summer by then

Whatever happens I can see us giving this a good go. Being Brucies favourites means nothing now. They will all be playing for their future at Villa Park.

The thing is Deano saw us play our best hour of football for a long time against Brentford so will know it's in our locker. He will try against and install some confidence in the players and take the shackles off. If he does that we will have the makings of a good team.

I'm not expecting a big difference in play yet. DS and co will have a lot of work to do to get their ideas across. I expect a brisk start but I hope it doesn't drop off into past form. I hope Terry and DS have got hold of Axel and taught him how to get some distance and direction on his clearing headers. I've seen too many skid off his head and flop into dangerous areas.

Nyland
Tuanzebe/Chester/Hutton
Bolasie/Mcginn/Hourihane/Barney
Jack
Kodjia/Abraham

As we’re crap defensively may as well say sod it and have a go. Hogan on in the 60th to run behind tired defenders

Im expecting a draw. Its going to take a few weeks to see an improvment. The games are coming think and fast leaving little time for getting new ideas across. However as some of these players are talented it should be a quick and big improvment when it happens hopefully.

New coaches bounce should see us through this one.
Far too soon to see major changes.

New manager bounces often see a win don't they .

But we are Aston Villa. We don't like to conform with what normally happens.

Heart says win. Head says anti climax of some sort.

I'm expecting a win because I always do!

There may not be a massive change in playing style as yet, BUT, if you're a player who has had to put up with The Bruce's square pegs into round holes formations and sometimes quite baffling substitutions it may have had an influence on your mentality and the amount of effort you put in, now suddenly you have a new manager to impress, the result could be quite dramatic, I'm looking forward to seeing this one, for a change.....

I've gone for a 3-1 win on the assumption (hope) that new manager syndrome plus a dash of instant coaching will unleash the sort of performance which will make it too hot for Swans, who are a bit dodgy at the moment.

On the other hand the players could spend the match looking lost with no Bruce around and hand it to Swans. Could happen. Don't think it will though.

I'd take a loss if it came with a good performance, but a win would be massive.

They won’t have time to sort us out defensively so I expect a few goals. Just hope we score more than them. If the players aren’t fired up for this one, then they deserve to be dropped - new manager, first home game, sell out crowd.

Worried about this one. Everything set up for a great afternoon but can the team cope with the anticipation of performance? It's still the same team give or take one or two and surely too early to see much change?
Add on to that 10% extra effort from Swansea to be party-poopers and the script is written.
In the face of this it will be a momentous effort by Dean and his team if he can get the win and give us all the momentum in the world.

We will win this game as the air is just so positive around villa park since the departure of the negative old coach.
Positive vibes always bring out the best in people.
The fact that the game is heading for a sell out crowd just shows we all believe the Phoenix is rising from the flames.
Villa 2 Swansea 0 for me.
Still buzzing over this weeks appointments.

I think we will be there or there abouts...:throw:Haven't predicted the last two game's right so hope me saying a loss will do the reverse effect...gonna take time to get it sorted but it would be fantastic if Deanoooooo could get a win in his first game and a packed VP....would be a massive boost for the players too...fingers crossed..:wahey: