Match Thread: Villa V Swansea, Saturday, 20th Oct, 3.00 PM | Page 11 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Villa V Swansea, Saturday, 20th Oct, 3.00 PM

Not long got in and fairly pleased. Thought we dominated the 1st half then let them back into it 2nd. It was very odd not seeing anyone out of position.

Good 1st half, great to see us pressing high up the field instead of allowing the opposition to waltz into our half. The goal was well taken, good header from Tammy, lovely cross from elmo and he was well played in by Jack.

Second half not so good. Not sure if we stepped off, they stepped up or a mix of both. Nyland made 3 good saves, Taylor made and excellent certain goal saving interception. Abraham missed 2 sitters that were far easier than the goal he scored but I was impressed with him overall.

Everyone did alright just about. Bar his one great interception Taylor was poor, especially on the ball. Grealish was coming too deep again and missed what looked like an easy chance. Smith needs to get him going again, get JT in his ear like last season. Motm, John McGinn. Could not be anyone else. He was everywhere, he'll be a huge miss Tuesday night.

Overall a decent start. Plenty of work to do but we really needed a win to get things going again.

McGinn was outstanding, and Nyland was very good.

We need to be more decisive in the final third but I'm sure that will be worked on. Defense looked solid enough despite some bombardments by Swansea. Could have cost us.

If we were putting teams to bed earlier the defensive issues might not be under so much scrutiny.

But a very good start to the Dean Smith era, all things considered.

Some of Deans comments like "Setting traps, overloads, second phase deliveries," - Tis dark sorcery I tell yee:grinning:

It actually makes you want to listen and sure beats "We need to roll our selves up and go again" blah blah blah.

He's trying to get them to get out quickly and move forward. Good 35 mins. Then started giving ball away. Swansea decent passing side though to be fair. Nyland distribution awful but some top class saves. Tammy should have had a hattrick.

Good win. If a bit nail biting. Good to see players playing (mostly) in their proper positions. McGinn was superb. Good substitutions at pretty much the right times.

Only really really big question mark.... is Sir Dennis out of the car park yet?

Terrible second half, to think our keeper cost £1m, I can hit a driver better than he can. Grealish was poor. Thought our defence looked tighter,

Some of Deans comments like "Setting traps, overloads, second phase deliveries," - Tis dark sorcery I tell yee:grinning:

It actually makes you want to listen and sure beats "We need to roll our selves up and go again" blah blah blah.

Just read his interview on the OS, yeah that's some crazy kind of newspeak. Sounds like he might actually have been working on stuff during the week!

Good win. If a bit nail biting. Good to see players playing (mostly) in their proper positions. McGinn was superb. Good substitutions at pretty much the right times.

Only really really big question mark.... is Sir Dennis out of the car park yet?

Just got in.

Riduculous. I have been home earlier from away games.

Not long got in and fairly pleased. Thought we dominated the 1st half then let them back into it 2nd. It was very odd not seeing anyone out of position.

Good 1st half, great to see us pressing high up the field instead of allowing the opposition to waltz into our half. The goal was well taken, good header from Tammy, lovely cross from elmo and he was well played in by Jack.

Second half not so good. Not sure if we stepped off, they stepped up or a mix of both. Nyland made 3 good saves, Taylor made and excellent certain goal saving interception. Abraham missed 2 sitters that were far easier than the goal he scored but I was impressed with him overall.

Everyone did alright just about. Bar his one great interception Taylor was poor, especially on the ball. Grealish was coming too deep again and missed what looked like an easy chance. Smith needs to get him going again, get JT in his ear like last season. Motm, John McGinn. Could not be anyone else. He was everywhere, he'll be a huge miss Tuesday night.

Overall a decent start. Plenty of work to do but we really needed a win to get things going again.
I agree with pretty much all of that but I thought for the first 10/15 minutes of the second-half we are excellent and could’ve had four

Also did not think the atmosphere was that hood, I think it was more nervous excitement and that showed, Again like the performance that will come in time as well. Still very excited