Match thread V Blackpool | Page 6 | Vital Football

Match thread V Blackpool

Very disappointing display from Blackpool yesterday and in particular their passing in the final third, I lost count of the number of passes that went straight to a opposition player, it matters not how many are strung together in the build up if the final ball to a striker is easily intercepted and the attack breaks down.
It is disappointing when you have seen them play much better and then put on a performance such as yesterday, I doubt if Bonham will have an easier game all season, you bagged the goals and won the points, as for Pool I still believe we will have a decent season once we iron out a few gremlins.

Very disappointing display from Blackpool yesterday and in particular their passing in the final third, I lost count of the number of passes that went straight to a opposition player, it matters not how many are strung together in the build up if the final ball to a striker is easily intercepted and the attack breaks down.
It is disappointing when you have seen them play much better and then put on a performance such as yesterday, I doubt if Bonham will have an easier game all season, you bagged the goals and won the points, as for Pool I still believe we will have a decent season once we iron out a few gremlins.
Despite being toothless you did look like you had some potential. Some decent players in there.

I think once you get towards the final third you need to not worry about losing the ball and start probing and making purposeful passes.

My first ifollow game and thoroughly enjoyed it. I sealed myself off from the outside world with big Marshal headphones and the screen on my lap. Apart from the occasional glimpses of my empty Rainham End seat, the slight plumbed in crowd noise made for a better experience than I was expecting. Amusing to hear the foul effing and jeffing from SE and PR too. Overall the Radio Kent boys cover games in a standard ''commentator/pundit way and Mr Parker is a fan first so no criticism from me if he has roll out a few well worn one liners.
Three games in and I'm still stupidly optimistic for us in a season that could still be the death knell for many lower league clubs, including my own, if things don't improve pretty soon.
Sort it out EFL! Parry! Government! Covid!

.. Graham was a little bit wasted on the left hand side though. Having to cut back onto his right or deliver crosses with his left that weren't as effective as when he's playing from the right. Oliver is a real handful and would like to see us maybe try him and Samuel upfront as a pair with Coyle and Graham on the left and right respectively at some point..

Agree absolutely.

Graham plays much better on the RHS of the pitch, with Coyle on the left and Dempsey in the middle.

Even if you're watching the iFollow stream in "real time", it's still about a minute or so behind real life. During the game I normally have a live scores site open so I can see any goals being scored elsewhere in our division, it "pings" every time there's a goal. Quite a few times I've heard a ping, gone to see who's scored and found out it's a goal in our game which I'll then see played out on the screen about 30 seconds later.

Likewise. I now edit my app (Sofa Score) to mute Gills` games to make the iFollow video a tad more "real-time".

We all know he is Gills through and through but today I honestly had enough of the negativity of the age of the team, inexperience and lack of quality is how it came across to me. I transferred over to the Blackpool commentary expecting the worst but found them to be complementary of how we played even complementing Akinde before he even came on the pitch.
i am not asking for a biased view on us but some positives would be nice

I didn`t listen to the Blackpool commentary. Was Colin Greenall doing the colour commentary ? He usually does when Blackpool play and, of course, he`s an ex-Gill so he might have a bit of a soft spot for GFC. He was highly thought of when he was a c/half at Gills.

I think you are being a bit harsh on them WT. I have pool in my league top six accumulator and based on yesterday I feel confident. It was a windy old day, a yes the final pass was often wayward but I saw enough to think you will cause plenty of teams trouble.

Gills were effective but we were not the better team. You will be fine.